• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
  • How many of them do you have so far? You know in Emerald you can RNG them. Not to suggest you try for a shiny spread, or good stats.... but a few of the more rare ones(any of the 5% encounter rate ones) you can look up their encounter slots and find one that is a minute into the game and keep soft-resetting for it.

That won't help you with the Kanto ones... But hopefully saves you some time on the Hoenn ones.

I already caught the rarer Kanto and Hoenn one (Miltank, Scyther, Heracross, etc.) My real problem is with my SS and how I have to let certain areas sit for like 20-100 days to get certain Pokemon. (Looking at that Safari Gible)

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • I want a powersave now ;;

But the shipping would be over 40 bucks D:

I'll be able to get one in April, though.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Hatched this one last night...

Trade Corner DCC

31/31/31/31/31/31
    Bold
    Sweet scent , fairy wind , wish​

No amazing pokeball or anything though.

On another note, these "worthless" shinies I had flew away like hot cakes. Traded around 30 for 28 new ones over the past two days. It seems older shinies are only worthless to competitive people, not everyone as had been hinted at several times.

Nobody seems to want my regular legendaries though in the shop, should I keep them for tough times or give them away? Opinions?

That's a nice breed, I'm trying to breed one with a 0 Spe IV though. It does best on a Trick Room team. Even sets it up. Pretty much it's competitive use is as a Trick Room setter and cleric for the team.

Those Shiny aren't worthless just not great for me. It's awesome you're getting new Shinies for them.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years

• I already caught the rarer Kanto and Hoenn one (Miltank, Scyther, Heracross, etc.) My real problem is with my SS and how I have to let certain areas sit for like 20-100 days to get certain Pokemon. (Looking at that Safari Gible)
    Yeah good luck with that. I never even pulled that off.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2014
    Right now I'm trying to MM a shiny fletchling lol and the stats I have been getting are hilarious xD
    31/x/0/31/31/x
    Both the breeding pokes have good IVs... the 6iv ditto and the 5iv fletchling I received from wonder trade...such breeding much sense

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    That's a nice breed, I'm trying to breed one with a 0 Spe IV though. It does best on a Trick Room team. Even sets it up. Pretty much it's competitive use is as a Trick Room setter and cleric for the team.

Those Shiny aren't worthless just not great for me. It's awesome you're getting new Shinies for them.

Do you have anything to pass that 0 down, or are you just hoping for your random stat to be zero? (that is a 1 in 186 eggs chance).

Because, a Friend Safari Ditto with a 0 Speed would be a good friend for you.....

Right now I'm trying to MM a shiny fletchling lol and the stats I have been getting are hilarious xD
    31/x/0/31/31/x
    Both the breeding pokes have good IVs... the 6iv ditto and the 5iv fletchling I received from wonder trade...such breeding much sense

I assume that you are using Destiny Knott to breed? If so, your odds break down as follows:
    5 out of 6 eggs will be a 4IV baby with One random stat, and with the one empty stat from your 5IV Fletchling.
    1 out of 6 eggs you will have a 5iv baby. The one missing stat from your fletchling will be replaced with a random stat.

1 out 186 eggs will be a flawless baby.

If you are getting 31/X/0/31/31/X then I have to assume that either you are not using Destiny Knott. OR that one of your parents do not have the stats you think they have.

I already caught the rarer Kanto and Hoenn one (Miltank, Scyther, Heracross, etc.) My real problem is with my SS and how I have to let certain areas sit for like 20-100 days to get certain Pokemon. (Looking at that Safari Gible)

I do not remember spending much time in the HG/SS Safaris. Is there a decent guide to them?

You now have me curious.

Last edited:

tabor62

Years
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    I use Serebii for that: https://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/safarizone.shtml

I can get some of the "rarer" Pokemon, but I'm really looking at the Gible and it probably takes the longest to get out of all of them x.x

I looked it over a little and am still confused (A LITTLE anyway).

I remember the customization aspect. I played with that a tiny bit when the game came out, but lost interest in Safari quickly because I had other goals in game (mainly unlocking Spirtomb on my Pokewalker, which I DID eventually do... Want to RNG that, but Pokewalker RNG is very hard).

Anyway... does messing with your clock mess with the passage of time in game? If so I would be toast at helping you to begin with due to RNGing so much.

Sounds like your quest for that Gible is a little more ambitious than my Colloseum playthru.

tabor62

Years
  • I looked it over a little and am still confused (A LITTLE anyway).

I remember the customization aspect. I played with that a tiny bit when the game came out, but lost interest in Safari quickly because I had other goals in game (mainly unlocking Spirtomb on my Pokewalker, which I DID eventually do... Want to RNG that, but Pokewalker RNG is very hard).

Anyway... does messing with your clock mess with the passage of time in game? If so I would be toast at helping you to begin with due to RNGing so much.

Sounds like your quest for that Gible is a little more ambitious than my Colloseum playthru.

See, the thing with the Safari Zone is that it's not like RNG with time traveling. In order for one day to pass for the Safari Zone, you have to either let time run normally on the DS (the longer method), or you could continuously change the time to 11:59 and let it scroll to the next day and saving so you can repeat (the shorter method). It takes a ridiculous amount of time doing the same thing over and over again so I kind of gave up after scrolling ahead a week. I've decided to toss all my eggs into the "I'll go find one to trade for" basket.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    See, the thing with the Safari Zone is that it's not like RNG with time traveling. In order for one day to pass for the Safari Zone, you have to either let time run normally on the DS (the longer method), or you could continuously change the time to 11:59 and let it scroll to the next day and saving so you can repeat (the shorter method). It takes a ridiculous amount of time doing the same thing over and over again so I kind of gave up after scrolling ahead a week. I've decided to toss all my eggs into the "I'll go find one to trade for" basket.

Acctually, if setting it to 11:59 over and over works it's not a huge deal (in a way).

What I meant about screwing with it was like what D/P/Plat did with Pal park. You could only transfer 6 Gen III from each game once every 24 hours. But if you changed the clock on your DS you were screwed and had to wait a full 24 hours before you could transfer 6 over again. And in B/W B2/W2 with the Dream World. If you changed the time to RNG something when you tried to go back in it would make you wait 24 hours. I screwed myself out of the last day of Dream World because I have two DS's and I accidently let my son play B2 in the wrong DS Lite so the save file thought I tampered with the time.

However.... I think if every day you did that say 10 times. It would cut your days to wait by ten? Something to think about.

tabor62

Years
  • Acctually, if setting it to 11:59 over and over works it's not a huge deal (in a way).

What I meant about screwing with it was like what D/P/Plat did with Pal park. You could only transfer 6 Gen III from each game once every 24 hours. But if you changed the clock on your DS you were screwed and had to wait a full 24 hours before you could transfer 6 over again. And in B/W B2/W2 with the Dream World. If you changed the time to RNG something when you tried to go back in it would make you wait 24 hours. I screwed myself out of the last day of Dream World because I have two DS's and I accidently let my son play B2 in the wrong DS Lite so the save file thought I tampered with the time.

However.... I think if every day you did that say 10 times. It would cut your days to wait by ten? Something to think about.

I'm actually a bit impatient hehe. And well, I'm not too sure about the Pal Park thing. But I can tell it's tedious just to do it 10 times a day. Not mention I may have lost count already x.x I know there's at least 10 days for my Rocky Beach area. I might just do it while hatching eggs and do as many days I can manage before I go insane @>@

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years

• I'm actually a bit impatient hehe. And well, I'm not too sure about the Pal Park thing. But I can tell it's tedious just to do it 10 times a day. Not mention I may have lost count already x.x I know there's at least 10 days for my Rocky Beach area. I might just do it while hatching eggs and do as many days I can manage before I go insane @>@
    Is there maybe an AR code out there for it? I mean we use AR for plenty of things just as harmlessly tedious. Might save you some time.

Years
  • That's a nice breed, I'm trying to breed one with a 0 Spe IV though. It does best on a Trick Room team. Even sets it up. Pretty much it's competitive use is as a Trick Room setter and cleric for the team.

Ah dang! I forgot about trick room and released most of the ones with crap speed iv's but great everything else :/
    Time to switch parents again:/

tabor62

Years
  • Is there maybe an AR code out there for it? I mean we use AR for plenty of things just as harmlessly tedious. Might save you some time.

"Safari Park All Degree of Skill Max"

I don't feel right using an AR code to make the actual Pokemon appear in the wild so I'm doing it manually. Currently 17/100 days and I'm going to go to 20/100 and do at least 10 a day.

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
    Years

• "Safari Park All Degree of Skill Max"

I don't feel right using an AR code to make the actual Pokemon appear in the wild so I'm doing it manually. Currently 17/100 days and I'm going to go to 20/100 and do at least 10 a day.

Let me get this straight. To "manipulate" the game, you can start a new day and set the time to 11:59PM and let it tick over the day, save and repeat until you hit 100 days? :o

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Let me get this straight. To "manipulate" the game, you can start a new day and set the time to 11:59PM and let it tick over the day, save and repeat until you hit 100 days? :o
    Yep, that's how you do it. Also works for collecting apricorns and having them turned into apricorn balls.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Do you have anything to pass that 0 down, or are you just hoping for your random stat to be zero? (that is a 1 in 186 eggs chance).

Because, a Friend Safari Ditto with a 0 Speed would be a good friend for you.....

Yes I have a 0 Spe IV JPN Ditto. I got it from Wonder Trade the first couple weeks the game was out. I have the proper Power item as well. I use the Power Item on Ditto and breed until I get a Female with the proper Ability and a 0 Spe IV. I then use that baby to breed with my 6IV Ditto and keep upgrading the mother whenever possible.

EDIT: What would really help is if somebody RNG'ed a 31/31/31/31/31/0 Ditto and had one I could get. That way my 6IV Ditto stops passing it's Spe down. Anybody? Nobody RNG'ed a competitive Ditto?

Hint hint shove, Tabor/EV!?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back