• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Traditions?

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
  • What are you gonna do in X/Y that you have done in every Generation before and you consider it a tradition?
    Are you going to add something new to these traditions?

My tradition is to always start with the Grass Starter each new Gen no matter what.Well i love Chespin so i am more than happy with the tradition.
    I will as usuall do my ''5 level every city training''
    Last i am gonna use a fairy type which is something new!Probably shushup

Years
  • My tradition is probably gonna be to battle the first wild Pokémon I run across to gain experience. It isn't until after a while that I begin to run from wild Pokémon upon encounter.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2014
    So basically at the end of the game I would then trade/transfer from the series beforehand. I don't know about now since there's no news on game compatibles between past generations.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • I must win my first rival battle, if I lose then the whole 6th Gen. is ruined for me lol. I'll also have to catch every Pokémon that I can, mainly the new ones. I'll name my character 'Joshua', instead of the casual 'Josh.' I will also talk to ALL the people! Last but not least, I'll spare the Master Ball. As far as making new traditions, I don't have anything planned yet.

Years
  • I'd choose the Water-type starter like usual (4th Gen was the only exception), I'll include a Grass and Fire-type to cover the lack of the other starters (otherwise if I go with Fire or Grass I again pick a substitute for the missing types) as well as a Flying-type to fly me around and then two wildcards. Might even try a Fairy-type on my team for once so I can get the hang of the new type.

I'll still name my character after my real name like usual.

Try and catch any new Pokemon I find, and trade for version exclusives if possible.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • I only have a few things that I usually do on my first run-through of the Pokémon games. First and foremost, I never dump my starter on the first run. I feel like they're a big part of the game (for me at least) and I like to play through with one (Especially because Chespin is absolutely adorable). I tend to usually use of the starting birds as well (So Fletchling will probably make an appearance as well). Other than that I don't really have any big traditions!

The Local Joke

Trubbish in the Classroom
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    I'm planning to break traditions and go balls-deep on this one. Trading all over with my friends, talking to NPCs, catching EVERYTHING, training harder (Jay's five-level concept sounds like a decent idea), and maybe actually using my starter this time around.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • it is sort of a tradition to have 1 pokemon at least of every new type that comes out. BUT, my real tradition is that i have to win EVERY ****ING BATTLE with my rival otherwise the experience of beating the crap out of him with the type disadvantage is ruined for me

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2013
    I don't really have any traditions when playing through. I do hope to beat the Elite Four with a fairy type though, that definitely would be a new thing.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I always try to complete the pokedex after I beat the Elite Four. I am going to continue this tradition because filling the dex is my favorite thing to do. It is going to be harder than ever though with all the new pokemon @_@;

Infinite Latios

Champion
    Years
  • I always use a Bug-type for some reason, even though most of them aren't very good. I also always choose Chikorita when possible, but I don't really care for the grass-types of other generations. And I always use my starter. Your first pokemon in a new region is a magical creature. I never leave Chikorita, Squirtle, Torchic, Piplup, or Tepig at home.

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
    Years
  • Get the generic bird Pokémon and for this instance, it's Fletchling. Also, I'd get a team that is so completely wrong to use together. x3

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
    Years
  • My starter pokemon is always going to be one level higher than the rest and the other 5 pokemon should be at the same level. I also have an another tradition to never complete the Dex.

tnfsf11

1 Catch every new Pokémon I encounter.
    2 Talk to everyone.
    3 Re-battle as many people as possible.
    4 Have an HM slave & never let any of my pokes learn HMs besides Surf.
    5 Complete the regional PokéDex.

Goals I hope to achieve this gen:
    1 Use a Fairy type in my team.
    2 Trade as much as possible to complete the National Dex.
    3 Level up my pokes to be near lvl 100.

Years
  • I'm gonna buy a crapload of Moomomilks(as soon as I am able) that usually last a few good hours into the game before they stop refilling health fully. Additionally, Soda Pop in the vending machine. Every time.

Back