• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] Trainer Personality Examination (Revived)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 4, 2021
Username: TunOfApple
Game: Black 2
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 25, 2022
Username: TunOfApple
Game: Black 2

Class: Translator
Missions
1. To heal your pokemon at the pokemon center, you need to expend a "translation token" which can be earned by translating all the text of an npc trainer including before battle and after battle to german.
2. (Optional) Play through in a different language setting
Golduck (Water, Bird, Concentration)
Cofagrigus (Ghost, Foreign Translation, Halloween, Ground-like)
Swanna OR Skarmory (Bird, Red (Sk), Water (Sw))

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 15, 2023
Username: DarkChibimon
Game: Heart Gold

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I'll be honest, I had COMPLETELY forgotten about this

I had actually started it back a year ago, but got tired because artblock lmao

so this log will pretty much just be a hazy memory of what I remembered since I didnt keep notes

Log 1:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 15, 2022
Username: Badbunny
Which Game: Pokemon Brilliant Diamond

Spoiler:

Years
1. Crimson the Cowboy
2. Ultra Sun
3. Male
Spoiler:

Years
Ok, I'll join the queue

A) USERNAME: _confused_piplup_
B) WHICH GAME: Pokémon Emerald
C) GENDER: Female

Spoiler:

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
Years
A) USERNAME: Explorer of Time
B) WHICH GAME: Haven't decided yet, pick any mainline non-Switch game or Colosseum/XD, preferably whichever game makes it easiest to get my team.
C) GENDER: I don't give out personally-identifying info, sorry.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
A) USERNAME: Explorer of Time
B) WHICH GAME: Haven't decided yet, pick any mainline non-Switch game or Colosseum/XD, preferably whichever game makes it easiest to get my team.
C) GENDER: I don't give out personally-identifying info, sorry.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
Years
This looks very fun. I love the team. The only thing I'm not enthused about is the "no fighting avoidable trainers" rule, as it's going to be hard to keep track of who's a trainer and who's a non-trainer NPC for a game I don't know well. But I absolutely love the missions for the three pokemon on my team and I'm really, really excited.

(Currently playing Mono-Ground Gold right now, since I wasn't expecting a response so quickly. I'll probably finish that first, but I might start two games at once, because, again, your challenge is very cool.)

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
Years
Graveyard Keeper Agnes: Update 1 (Vaniville Town -> Santalune City)

Since I can't get any of my Pokemon before the first gym, with two being from after the fourth and sixth gyms, I brought in Level 5 versions of each Pokemon under rule 5. My first battle against Shauna's Fennekin (I picked Froakie because it can learn every non-Fly HM in this game) ended with my Espurr fainting it in a 1v1 duel. Over through Santalune Forest and Route 3, I leveled my three Pokemon up to around Level 8-ish. Litwick's early Ghost typing completely shuts down the early normal-type trainers, making it extremely useful at this stage of the game. Gible, an early Pseudo-Legendary, has been even more powerful at this stage of the game, learning Dragon Rage at level seven. While this move is useless at the levels you normally obtain it at, right now it'll OHKO literally anything that isn't a Fairy type.

Viola was very easy. I ended up fighting her Surskit with my Espurr because I wanted some challenge, and it ended up with my Espurr nearly fainted when Surskit finally went down. Apparently it didn't even know any bug-type moves. Anyway, Vivillon, which I'm supposed to write a memorial post for... I'm not entirely sure what you mean by a memorial, so I'll just add in a description of the battle. When Vivillon was sent out, I switched to Litwick. It wasted most of its moves using Harden, which did nothing against my Fire Spin, and only used Infestation twice. I started off by using Confuse Ray, then Fire Spin. I tried using Smog once to poison it, but it hit me with Infestation and then got burned by Flame Body. It ended up hurting itself in it's confusion, while burnt, while taking Fire Spin damage, which finally fainted it. That being said, I hope to face it again in the Battle Chateau in the postgame, where Viola will have trained it up for a rematch.

Litwick has Astonish and Confuse Ray, both Ghost-Type moves, but Espurr and Gible can't learn their Ghost type moves yet, and Gible can't learn dig yet. Should I loan Gible (and Meowstic when it evolves because Espurr can't learn any Ghost-type moves) to my copy of Pokemon X to teach them the TMs for their mandatory moves, or should I wait until I get the TMs in this game?

Current Team:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 25, 2022
Username: Moonlee
Which game: Any main game from Gen 3 to 6 works for me (except ORAS, i prefer Emerald by a mile)

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
Years
Username: Moonlee
Which game: Any main game from Gen 3 to 6 works for me (except ORAS, i prefer Emerald by a mile)

Spoiler:

Years
Hello, I was searching for some Pokemon Challenges today and found this site. I really wanna try this challenge out!

USERNAME: Forever_Kiara
WHICH GAME: Emerald

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Hello, my sister wanted to do this challenge with me, so I'll put another one with the answers of my sister.

USERNAME: Forever_Kiara
WHICH GAME: Emerald

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Poke fan number 489

pokemon fan
Years
Name: Poke Fan
Game: Fire Red
Spoiler:

Years
Actually, there were other people in the queue as well (on page 12).

Anyway, just in case, I re-present my answers.

A) USERNAME: _confused_piplup_
B) WHICH GAME: Pokémon Emerald
C) GENDER: Female

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 25, 2022
Contest Master Moonlee
First update

Spoiler:

Fantasica (Kirlia) Level 20
Muville (Mawile) Level 20
Pinby (Spheal) Level 19

Years
Hello, I've been checking every now and then. Are my requests in progress, because in the rules it's stated that you get a result in up to three days and now it's been 4 days already? I'm wondering if I did something wrong with my fill up forum? If so, could someone pls tell me what I did wrong?

Sincerely
Forever_Kiara

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
Years
The person who originally started this challenge hasn't been on the site since last year. Since then, you just have to wait until someone else has a good idea for your team/missions, which can take quite a while. I've never played any of the Alola games and can't help come up with a challenge, but just be patient and someone else will get to yours eventually.

Back