• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] TRAINERS (OOC)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    So, we have Lucretia, Mav and now Laura (and sort of Marcus), for Jarmie's followers. Good! Any more interesting characters you've invented in the Pokémon Tower gang? Seems to be a theme of naming the boys with M and the girls with L xDDD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Gwen
    Tusk +1.
    Jess +2. Jess learned Glare!
    Pix +2. Pix is able to learn Incinerate and Will-O-Wisp!

Richard
    Richard is still in a battle...!

Years
  • Hey guys, so I should let you know that for some reason Discord isn't working, since last night it hasn't been able to connect despite my WiFi working just fine and I'm able to use other apps as well. I've tried restarting my phone which did nothing and I've even tried to uninstall and reinstall but it won't even install because the Play Store is acting finicky too, not installing. Strangely enough, any Discord support I try to contact gives me the same thing, so communicating is going to be difficult for me or limited to the forums if I can't find a quick fix to it. I'm going to ask around to see what the problem is until then.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Hey guys, so I should let you know that for some reason Discord isn't working, since last night it hasn't been able to connect despite my WiFi working just fine and I'm able to use other apps as well. I've tried restarting my phone which did nothing and I've even tried to uninstall and reinstall but it won't even install because the Play Store is acting finicky too, not installing. Strangely enough, any Discord support I try to contact gives me the same thing, so communicating is going to be difficult for me or limited to the forums if I can't find a quick fix to it. I'm going to ask around to see what the problem is until then.
    oooh thats heckin' weird. i hope you can figure it out because I have literally no helpful ideas ;-;

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Late late late and still interested in joining as per Riki's recommendation...but it says all slots are occupied? :'(

I'm also unsure what starter to pick as it seems some of the links are broken? Can I just pick any not fully evolved Kanto Pokémon? Someone explain like I'm 5 plz.

Once I understand better I'll make a proper character who loves cats!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Late late late and still interested in joining as per Riki's recommendation...but it says all slots are occupied? :'(

I'm also unsure what starter to pick as it seems some of the links are broken? Can I just pick any not fully evolved Kanto Pokémon? Someone explain like I'm 5 plz.

Once I understand better I'll make a proper character who loves cats!
    Ahah I'm sorry for the RP not being properly updated! I don't accept any random request to join at this point, is all :3 ur not random.

You may choose to start with Pikachu or Psyduck or another basic Kanto mon who fits the "starter aesthetics" somewhat (not too small/big/verystrange shape) and isn't already taken as a starter by somebody else. Unless that person is fine with you having the same ^^ canonically, there will be NPC cape trainers with the same starter as you!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Ahah I'm sorry for the RP not being properly updated! I don't accept any random request to join at this point, is all :3 ur not random.

You may choose to start with Pikachu or Psyduck or another basic Kanto mon who fits the "starter aesthetics" somewhat (not too small/big/verystrange shape) and isn't already taken as a starter by somebody else. Unless that person is fine with you having the same ^^ canonically, there will be NPC cape trainers with the same starter as you!

Ahhh thank you! (´∀`)♡

I would like to reserve Omanyte - and if not that than Jigglypuff please! I will also reserve this post for my character once I'm not on mobile and can actually do CSS and not write like I'm a toddler lol.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • another topic of the week compilation~

# 4 - 11/19/2019 - Cerulean

riki: Topic of the week #4:
    Your character is tasked by a legendary pokemon to save the world. What legendary is this likely, and how does your character react?

Cubism: Probably the Lake Guardians. I don't know exactly why, but it would be cool.
    As for Bruno's reaction he will be like "... why me?" but eventually will get into it.

Groc: I'd want it to be Cresselia (because in the Dream World, Vera would be much stronger than her physical self) or Giratina (because selling her soul to the Poke-Devil might work...).
    Her reaction? "Will people know it was me who saved them?" If yes, "Excellent. Lead the way to glory!" If no, "...fine. But only because all my stuff is here!"

riki: I will think about this for Ralph today haha

anna: if i were to write about it, it would obviously y'know, do the hero's journey thing with call to action and refusal of call and whatever because casey doesn't want to endanger himself
    so the one to take interest in him would maybe be something that embodies a quality he will rise to achieve rather than has already
    or, the legendary is very opposite of him
    maybe the swords of justice. i feel like that could be something. especially 'cause like, casey is very human-focused? a city boy with a social nature vs those that protect pokemon from the destructions that humans have wrought

lòöm: before I forget:
    Arianne would probably interact with someone like Manaphy, Jirachi, Shaymin or similar, mythical Pokémon. On one hand, being "the chosen one" would put a huge pressure on her, but on the other, she'd accept the task anyways and see it as a great honor.

[#5 was a tag urself emoji game & i dont wanna spend all the time uploading images]
    # 6 - 12/04/2019 - Route 9

riki: Topic of the week #6: What's your character's fav food? Can they cook it? What's their least fav?
    (I know it's already been sort of discussed in camping channel xD but favs!)

QueenNothing: Given Gwen's affinity for curry making, probably curry. Spicy curry specifically.

anna: Casey eats kinda whatever. He really likes vegetables! Except when they're oversteamed or boiled, yuck. He can steam and pan-fry things, but his seasoning choices are usually nonexistent or questionable. He can't cook meat.

Groc: Not many people know this, but Vera's favorite food is poutine, like her dad used to make. She can cook it, and has tried several different recipes, but can't quite make it how he does (asking him for the recipe would be admitting defeat, so that's out of the question). Her least favorite food is chocolate, except white chocolate.

riki: omg a dislike of chocolate??
    I can see Ralph as the type of person who'd love a huge plate of spaghetti to just shove into her food-hole
    pasta is probs her fav

lòöm: high fives

Dragon: Noel likes anything sweet
    Hates meat

Cubism: Bruno can eat almost anything as long as it's not too sweet or has a lot of condiments

WizardOfOdd: Richard love sweets (Especially chocolate bonbons) and tea, but he also loves mushroom. He hates bitter food
    Keith love food with cheese, he hates brussel sprouts

Groc: It's true: I myself do not like chocolate. Too sweet, feels weird on my teeth.

#6.5 - 12/20/2019 - Route 9

Dragon: What would your characters like for Christmas, asks santa Noel

lòöm: Your answer is in the IC posts about cerulean
    :pinkinablanket:

riki: Ahah!!
    Good call ;)
    Let me think!

juno: A Nintendo switch

lòöm: lol

anna: hmmm i dont think casey expects gifts/celebrates
    he mostly just buys what he wants when he wants it

Cubism: Can Santa Noel give Bruno calm days in which he doesn't have to run and talk to other people?

Groc: That wish will backfire Monkey Paw style when Bruno spends a weekend snowed in at a cabin.

#7 - 12/26/2019 - Route 9

riki: Topic of the whatever #7: Which character other than your own would you like to try your hand at RPing?
    Bonus: Which one of your own characters would you enjoy seeing somebody else try to RP?

QueenNothing: I'd want someone else try to RP Bethany for sure

WizardOfOdd: Answer : Hmm... I haven't seen many characters... I haven't had one that like screams 'pick me' for me to write , so I'll have to pass in this one
    Bonus : Obviously Keith

anna: My go-to answer is "swap with Karen" bc I think we'd do okay at that at this point haha. But also maybe Deen or Debbie or Bruno or Vera? It's hard to say. I probably couldn't do them justice anyway.
    Bonus: I'm v protective of my characters so... this is a difficult question for me lol. Will think more abt that.

riki: Bonus: i'm protective too xD but only of chars I feel are my own unique things. I'm much more ok with purposely designing chars that are meant to be played by everyone else (Hoshi for example) and enjoying seeing how players use them and build a coherent canon around them :D

Cubism: I'd like to try RPing uhhhh idk lmao, I liked Kurogane but idk if I could write him
    Bonus: Debbie def. I think she's an easy character to write, and I liked how we wrote her while I was JPing with anna, although I wrote most of her there.
    I think it could also be interesting if someone writes the masked Shiftry guy, but I'd prefer to write him more first

WizardOfOdd: I take back Keith part, he has a backstory yet that is essential for him and I haven't introduced that part yet, so... Yeah

riki: Same for the masked people haha
    One day you might be allowed to play them again :D
    after some plot

Groc: I'd like to try playing Noel. She's a lot of fun, but I doubt I could capture all the subtle nuances of her character. I'd probably just go full blown stage performer persona.
    Bonus: All my side characters have been designed as one-shot characters of the day, so none of them really. But I'd be interested in seeing someone's interpretation of Vera's little sister Vanessa. She hasn't shown up yet, so she's a blank slate, adored by her parents and resented by her sister.

anna: i actually have a "notes on playing casey" section in one of my docs haha so maybe i could pass him to someone and feel alright? idk tho

Groc: I'd be willing to try.

anna: it could be fun to character-swap for a little non-canon prompt :3c
    i wouldnt make anyone read all 4k words of casey-notes that i have -v-

lòöm: :HOI:

riki: Ahah
    We could make an extra IC thread for that :nerd: "Trainers AU"

anna: put whatever skits and scenes in there that dont fit in actual IC :eyes:

riki: Yeah haha
    And alternate universes
    This is a good idea tbh
    Anna can put random adventures with side chars and imagined situations there while waiting for the rest of us to catch up in main 8D

anna: lmaooo

riki: Srsly :)

anna: i will if u make it <3

Dragon: Make it

Groc: Fund it.

Cubism: :pinkinablanket: :piginablanket~1:

~origin stories~

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    TRAINERS (OOC)

Amber Whitaker

Female • 15 • Vermilion City • Sepia

TRAINERS (OOC)

Appearance

Amber's most noticeable feature is her considerable height. At 5'11'' (without boots) she stands well above the average 15 year old. She has, who would have guessed, brownish-amber eyes and marigold hair that dips just below her shoulders and is usually tied into some kind of messy bun or ponytail. Typically, she has round, narrow-rimmed glasses that she uses for reading perched on her face. Amber consistently dresses as though ready to take on any mission that might involve adventuring. Not afraid to get dirty, she's always got a pair of khakis in her pack ready to be pulled on at a moments notice. She does have a dress-down and casual outfit, however, which consists of an off-the-shoulder cut long sleeve shirt in heather and a pretty worn out pair of shorts in white that were once jeans in the past.

Family

Amber worked alongside her parents, Millie and Jean Whitaker, on their field missions to various Kantonian dig sites looking for ancient artifacts as an amateur archaeologist and professional utensil carrier. Her parents are lackadaisical and sort of hippies, and lovingly named their daughter after the first piece of significant Pokemon palaeontology they've found as a couple. Both parents have a passionate drive to learn which has been inherited by their daughter, though Amber finds their more casual approach to the Poke-sciences too aloof for her endless appetite for knowledge. It's due to her working in field that Amber is a later arrival to the Training College at the age of 15, believing she can earn her license whenever she wanted but being on the hunt was more important! After compromising on online classes for Trainers College which Amber took with an ambitious but distracted fervor, her parent's gently coerced her into attending in person. Knowing she'll eventually need to get a legitimate license to actually train the Pokemon she someday wished to own, she was convinced to travel to the Cape as her parents offered her a heartfelt and tear filled goodbye. Their little girl finally beginning her Pokemon training journey!

Personality

Amber is studious, well-read, curious to a flaw, stubborn as a Tauros, and desperate to stay mature despite her highly excitable and often obsessive nature. In contrast, she can easily come across to her fellow students as dismissive and almost careless. She knows exactly what it takes to graduate from College in a pompous sort of way, but often finds herself elbow deep in the library of resources and books of ancient history and Pokemon biology instead of studying -- which she believes will probably pay off better in the long run. Rather than being focused on the here and now, Amber is perpetually preoccupied with the past and was, if not often outright enthusiastically focused solely on it. Once she gets started on a tangent about, well, anything in her wheelhouse, it's impossible to stop her, making her come off as somewhat of a know-it-all and a little conceited. She's not nearly as interested in completing gym challenges or participating in any tournaments as she is in one day making her own amazing scientific discovery! Maybe they'd even let her teach at the College once she's made her name in real Poke-sciences! But, maybe she should just worry about graduating first.

Amber doesn't dislike having friends or travel-mates, in fact, she'd much rather friends join her on her excavation adventures. But her hyper focus and tendency to fall silent into her studies and work happens to keep other trainers at an arm's length. She is a deeply passionate 'old soul' (as her mother once called her), and capable of overcoming any obstacle that stands between her and her legacy in Pokemon paleontology. Despite everything -- her attitude, her knowledge, and her facade of maturity, she really is just a vulnerable child still finding her way in a world that made more sense to her millions of years ago.

She did briefly share a class online with Casey, but Amber doesn't recall getting to know any of the students.

Amber has a buddy rivalry with Noel.

Hobbies & Dreams

Hobbies: Pokemon, geology, minerals, fossils, organizing her digging equipment, collecting items of dubious archaeological significance, reading, and fossil Pokemon!

Dreams or aspirations: Amber wants nothing more than to own and revive her own fossil Pokemon one day! It's been her dream to study Pokemon paleontology professionally and make a name for herself, not just build from her parent's legacy. She wants to discover and restore ALL the Fossils.

TRAINERS (OOC)

Pokemon

Sepia the Male Nidoran (セピア) lv. 5
    Impish
    - Leer
    - Peck
    - x
    - x

TRAINERS (OOC)

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Richard
    Eileen grew to Lv 20!
    Eileen is able to learn Spark! Say in OOC thread if you wish to forget an old move.

Ralph
    Coldy grew to Lv 15!
    Coldy learns Metal Claw in place of Scratch.

Gwen
    Tusk grew to Lv 18!
    Tusk is able to learn Dragon Claw! Say in OOC thread if you wish to forget an old move.
    Pix grew to Lv 20!
    Pix is able to learn Payback! Say in OOC thread if you wish to forget an old move.
    Jess grew to Lv 14!

(the two most recent posts pending! i didn't have time rn haha)

Bruno
    Shir grew to Lv 15!
    Bumblebee grew to Lv 13!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Gwen
    Tusk grew to Lv 21!

Ralph
    Sandsy grew to lv 19!
    Sandsy will not learn Bulldoze.
    Edgy grew to Lv 18!
    Edgy forgot Fury Attack and learned Pursuit!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Ralph
    Sandsy grew to Lv 21!
    Ralph captured an Elekid! Lv 14, male

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    It is a nice character, but as I believe I have mentioned, I'd like for the trainers to have been there in person at the school for at least 2 years. This RP is about their graduation journey at the end of those 2 years. Online classes will not have worked.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    It is a nice character, but as I believe I have mentioned, I'd like for the trainers to have been there in person at the school for at least 2 years. This RP is about their graduation journey at the end of those 2 years. Online classes will not have worked.

Yes! I saw the ping on Discord I just haven't been able to find time to omit that info, but yeah no worries I am aware and have plans to change it! (。'▽'。)♡

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • 0 - introduction
    Welcome to Writing Process with Anna and Groc! We thought it would be fun to put together something of a tutorial on how we chose to approach player vs player battles. If you haven't read Cat Fight, please do so before reading the rest of this post!

Each section below is its own distinct step in the process. Minor changes over time were not accounted for; this is only to give a general idea of how the post became what it is. This also went very quickly! Groc and I are good at writing with each other by now, and have a good handle on each others' characters. We tend to know what direction we each want to take things, which lends to us not backtracking or rewriting as much. With others, I have already found that sometimes I will say "wait, no, scratch those last three moves. I want to do something differently." which is perfectly alright and also part of the writing process! But that didn't happen much here.

You may note that Ginger's moveset isn't actually accurate. This was written before Casey's gym battle was posted! I anticipated Ginger learning Quick Attack, but not Thunder Punch. In this match, Casey became interested in learning to use Quick Attack to its fullest after Ginger showed she was capable of it. He does request that she use Baby-Doll Eyes at one point, but I had already established that she refuses to use that move in general. So it didn't really matter that I had already replaced it with Thunder Punch. ;P

If Ginger had not learned Quick Attack, I could easily have adjusted this battle to account for that. As for Thunder Punch, well. It'll come up. :)

1 - base premise from lavender doc outline
    sapphy didn't get a turn and ginger needs to start properly training! and anna wants to battle!
    also Casey and Vera are both mad about being cheated by Beaumont
    ginger: Quick Attack • Defense Curl • Baby-Doll Eyes • Pound • Foresight • Endure

sapphy: Icy Wind • Bite • Fake Out • Pay Day • Fury Swipes • Screech
    sapphy is faster by a little bit

2 - expanded premise summarized from discord convo
    sapphy wasnt wanting to battle as per Extras, a little reluctant until ginger smacks her. sapphy has too much pride to run & fights back but unhappily. vera favors calling only two or three moves and sapphy gets sick of it, starts doing it her own way. meanwhile, ginger is getting frustrated at her own limitations. casey realizes this about the same time as sapphy starts disobeying, also realizes sapphy doesnt really want this fight. casey forfeits. ginger is sullen but not upset like she was with emolga- she feels like casey was right to pull her out this time, as much as she dislikes the idea that it was necessary. vera claims this as a win for herself, (not particularly concerned with sapphy's disobedience?). concerned, but also happy to win. She'll tease casey about it, fluff up her ego a bit, but still have a talk with Sapphy after, not that Sapphy will want to. I notice vera doesnt use her Pokémon to their full potential. She might start to notice, too.

3 - beginning of battle choreography
    sapphy starts with fake out & follows up with bite. once quick attack starts being used, vera starts ordering icy wind, not quite understanding how quick attack works. sapphy gets frustrated and screeches, followed up by fury swipes and bite attacks (she goes purrserk)
    ~~
    casey commands frustration but ginger uses quick attack instead and hes like "oh neat new option; frustration was hardly working anyway"
    spends a decent amt of time figuring out how to recover from full-body impacts and how to manage sudden speed boost
    yes it's gonna be some quick attack spam but im gonna write it good

How this starts depends on how debrief goes, but something something "I have an idea, Casey. Ginger wants to get stronger, and I'd like to see how much stronger Sapphire has gotten. Why don't you and I have a battle? One on one, just a friendly sparring match?"

4 - battle choreographed in real time over Discord DM
    anna: like she did against beau, ginger waits for sapphy to move first

Groc: Sapphy starts with Fake Out (which I still don't know how to write), so Ginger won't wait long.
    When she flinches, Sapphy will Bite, but Ginger's Quick now, yes?

anna: i think sapphy gets a Bite in and ginger uses Pound/kicks her in the stomach

Groc: Okay. Vera knows Ginger's strong, so she'll fall back to use Pay Day from a distance. Throwing pennies at Ginger.

anna: ginger takes a penny or two but mostly rolls around and bounces to avoid, then casey commands frustration expecting her to bounce high and slam down but she dashes in with Quick Attack instead

Groc: Vera, thinking Ginger can't dodge wind, orders Icy Wind to slow Ginger down.

anna: casey paid attention in school has ginger dash in again, straight through the wind to slam her whole body into sapphy. but it's hard to spring back from a full-body move and ginger kinda scrambles to right herself

Groc: Another icy wind, because it works

anna: ginger takes that in the face; her fur is getting a little frosty and she Dislikes that. casey tries to get her to use Baby-Doll Eyes bc he knows the rest of sapphy's moves are phsyical. she uses defense curl instead and hes like "fine, whatever, same thing"

Groc: Vera didn't pay attention has Sapphy try fake out again. Sapphy knows it won't work so Screeches instead. Vera: that wasn't fake out...

anna: casey: ok, fine, just quick attack!
    ginger this time darts all the way around and hits sapphy from behind. knovks her down and rolls all the way over to pop up in front of her?

Groc: Vera tells Sapphy to fall back, but Sapphy uses fury swipes. it misses

anna: casey does an expiriment- quick attack for speed, but end with a pound to concentrate power and maintain balance
    ginger makes a valiant attempt to punch sapphy in the teeth

Groc: Vera's mad "fine, you want to stay close? Bite her!" and Sapphy bites Ginger's hand. There are no winners in that exchange.

anna: ginger pulls sapphy in by the teeth to Pound her in the eye with an ear
    she's awful

Groc: Sapphy screech right in Ginger's ear
    She's nasty when angry

anna: ginger is stunned for half a second; pulls her hand out of sapphy's mouth and body-checks her/quick attack with no momentum

Groc: Sapphy rolls with it, uses fury swipes. Claws everywhere
    We lost the trainers at some point.
    It went from a friendly spar to a knock down, drag out brawl

anna: oh absolutely lmao
    ginger's punching with every appendage she has
    casey calls forfiet about now and goes in, picks both of them by the scruff

Groc: Even Vera is wondering if it should stop, but isn't brave enough to step in
    But she'll take Sapphy away, wait a moment, then declare herself the winner

anna: casey like ???! hey-- well- i mean. i guess

Groc: Thinking way back to that drawing you made of them angry at each other.
    Casey: what do you mean "I win"?!
    Vera: you forfeit, I win.

anna: c: it's a draw

Groc: V: you said to stop, I didn't. You grabbed my Pokémon. I win.
    She just turns her back and keeps saying "I win" until he relents
    Even sapphy like "...i guess?"

anna: ginger Will hit her given the opportunity...

5 - first pass back and forth writing
    Like they did against Beaumont, Casey and Ginger wait, patiently on his part and intensely focused on hers.

Vera scratches Sapphire behind the ears before setting her down to battle. "Do your best, Sapphire. Go get her!" Sapphire casually strolls up to Ginger, stopping just out of reach to sit and lick her paw. She starts grooming her ears, not even looking at the Buneary. Ginger stares coolly while Casey shuffles in place. Vera grins at his discomfort. This may be a friendly match, but it's fun to watch Casey squirm.

Suddenly, Sapphire lunges forward and slaps Ginger in the face with a Fake Out attack! Ginger reels, the impact throwing her just off-balance enough to prevent retaliation. "Bite her, while she's off guard!" Sapphire pounces, aiming for the neck, but only gets a hold of the shoulder as Ginger tumbles to the ground. Casey calls for Pound; Ginger kicks both feet into Sapphire's belly and dislodges teeth from her shoulder. The Buneary scrambles up as Sapphire is tossed back, but a Meowth always lands on her feet.

"Sapphire, keep your distance! Ginger's stronger than she looks." A little backhanded, but a compliment nonetheless. "Keep moving, and use Pay Day." The golden charm atop Sapphire's head glows, and small gold bits spontaneously appear around her. She gathers a handful of the coins to throw at Ginger, eyes wide as she watches her foe's movements. Ginger ducks and weaves, coins occasionally catching her as she starts to choose rolls and bounces to cover distance, her focus entirely on Sapphire while Casey watches the field.

Ginger bounces higher, and Casey falls back to his preferred technique- "Frustration!"- but Ginger doesn't spring high into the air, doesn't use gravity to compound the force of the blow. She springs forward, accelerating with each touch of her nimble feet to the ground, and slams her entire body into Sapphire, sending both flying back toward Vera. "Oh, that's- hey, that's Quick Attack!"

"That's new…" Vera tries to figure out how to counter that. It's not as strong as Frustration was, but didn't Casey say Frustration was getting weaker? But it's fast, so maybe… hell with it, I'll just attack. "Sapphire, slow down her attack with Icy Wind!" Sapphire shakes off the hit, exhaling a blast of freezing fog as Ginger stands.

Casey grins, which Vera thinks is unwarranted in this situation. "Do it again!"

A second full-body hit, straight through the chilly wind, sends both Pokémon stumbling. Ginger scrambles to right herself, unable to follow up quickly enough with the Pound Casey calls for.

Vera sees that as proof her idea worked, so she also calls for a repeat performance. Sapphy breathes more chill air directly into Ginger's face. Ginger grimaces as frost crawls along her fur, and scowls at Casey's suggestion of Baby-Doll eyes. Rather, she braces herself, powering her defense in preparation for Sapphire's next hit. "Fine, same thing," Casey allows.

"Getting nervous, Casey?" Vera taunts, starting to enjoy this. "Sapphire, can you fake her out again?" Sapphire shoots her Trainer a glare, clearly not willing to try, and instead Screeches in Ginger's face. The shrill noise makes Vera and Ginger wince in tandem. "Okay, you could have just said 'no'..."

"Fine, none of that- just Quick Attack!"

Ginger puts her fancy footwork to use and darts away and around, all the way behind Sapphire to slam into her from behind, bowling her over and rolling across her back with the momentum to pop up in front of her once more. Sapphire slowly picks herself back up, hackles raised as she glares daggers at Ginger. "Sapphire, get back, use another Icy Wind!"

Sapphire lets out a shrill battle cry as she lunges at Ginger, furiously swiping and slashing with her claws. Ginger jumps backward with each swipe, making her way to Casey's side of the field. "Right- Ginger, listen-" Vera can't hear what he says next, not that she's listening. "Fine! If you want to stay close, then Bite!"

Ginger darts in again, bouncing with each accelerated step, but instead of ending in a tackle she puts power behind a little fist aimed straight at Sapphire's mouth. Sapphire closes the distance, catching the punch in her teeth. The impact drives her back a step, but she maintains a hold on Ginger. Ginger uses this to her advantage, pulling the cat in by the mouth to drive a spring-loaded ear directly into her eye. Sapphire screeches in pain and rage, a shrill scream right in the rabbit's ear. Ginger reels for half a second but has the presence of mind to pull her hand out of Sapphire's mouth and body-checks her; a Quick Attack with no momentum, a Quick Attack that Vera did not hear Casey order.

Sapphy staggers under the attack, but flies into a rage, clawing Ginger in the arm, the chest, and the side of her face. Ginger's punching with ears and fists, wherever she can get a hit in. Neither Pokémon seem to hear their trainers' commands anymore, not above the flying fur and snarls and growls. Casey gives up first, bellowing out "Forfeit!" as he jumps into the fray, quick hands yanking the girls up by the scruffs of their necks and holding them as far apart as his arms will allow, both still reaching to hit the other despite the distance.

Vera rushes in to grab Sapphire, who protests the entire time. Rather than risk her claws and teeth, Vera returns Sapphire to her PokéBall. The ball shakes in her hand, but she holds it tight until it settles. "Well, that was intense." She sighs, "You okay, Casey?"

"Uh, yeah," he says, somewhat distracted by Ginger attempting to kick him in the arm. He drops her onto his shoulder, where she settles herself with zero regard for his comfort. "Neither of them got me."

"Oh, good." Vera smiles at him. "Looks like I win, then."

"What?" Ginger stills, hard stare levelled at Vera.

"I win." Vera brushes her hair back behind her ear. Honestly, it should be obvious. "You said you forfeit, so I win."

Casey frowns. "Neither of them were listening, though."

Vera also frowns. There's no reason to argue, and she knows it, but she can't back down now. "Yes, but you called it. You even grabbed my Pokémon. If this were official, I'm pretty sure that would disqualify you. So I win." She turns her back, unwilling to argue the point any further.

Casey huffs at her back. "Whatever. Next time I'm gonna win indisputably."

6 - minor edits to final post
    After that first pass of writing, we were pretty happy with most of it. However, we did write this battle well before we even knew what Jordan was going to do at the gym, let alone what Bruno was going to do or how 5-12: Aftermath was going to play out. So most of the adjustments we made were to fall more in line with the mood of those three installments.

Thanks for reading! I hope this method will be useful for some, or at least an interesting insight into the writing process!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Interesting! Could be cool to try out writing like this.

Trainers players should still be aware that it is perfectly fine to write solo or joint-posting without careful choreography too; find a style of writing that suits you. But also be open to experimenting and trying things out, such as Anna's approach. A good opportunity is when you're gonna JP with someone new!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Richard
    Victor grew to Lv 16!
    Victor is able to learn Gyro Ball and Psywave! forget old moves? answer in ooc thread

Bruno
    Gospel grew to Lv 17!
    Gospel is able to learn Night Shade and Spite! forget old moves? answer in ooc thread
    Shir grew to lv 17!
    Bumblebee grew to lv 15!
    Bumblebee learned Psybeam and Psyche Up!

Casey
    Ginger grew to Lv 19!

Vera
    Sapphire grew to Lv 23!
    Sapphire is able to learn Taunt and Feint Attack! forget old moves? answer in ooc thread
    Iggy grew to lv 9!
    Bonnie grew to lv 22!
    Vera caught a Misdreavus! Lv 14, male, named Ebony

Noel
    Luna grew to Lv 17!
    Amethyst grew to lv 14!

Keone
    Pele grew to lv 18!
    Pele is able to learn Stomping Tantrum! forget old moves? answer in ooc thread
    Blitz grew to Lv 14!
    Blitz learned Wing Attack!

Jordan
    Tangles grew to Lv 17!
    Tangles is able to learn Bind! forget old moves? answer in ooc thread
    Hop grew to Lv 15!
    Hop is able to learn Wing Attack! forget old moves? answer in ooc thread

Back