• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Traveling Style?

Transportation in the games? (Public)

• Total voters

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • I'll just run, thanks. I don't like Surfing at all. Flying is meh, but I don't make it a priority to have a Flier on my teams. And bikes...just don't get through tall grass and snow and yeah. :(

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • running burns carb lol.

I prefer to walk/run. It's enjoying to see the scenery change as I cross through the region. Also, I have more chances to battle with wild Pokemons and trainers. Running is better than walking, however; the latter is a tad bit too slow. If I have to use a bike, then it'd have to be the mach bike (or just switch the gear). That's only the case when I need to get somewhere quick.

Swimming is horrible in the Pokemon world, a place where Tentacools rule. There's nothing worthwhile about it. It's just full of Tentacools and the occasional Wingulls/Seels/Krabby. Flying is a really great way to get to places, but I dislike how the journeys are so quick. It'd be so cool if there's a cutscene in between...

I don't mess with teleportation. :(

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I use Flying most frequently, when I have to get from one faraway place to another. I also use it to force roaming Pokemon to change places.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I usually walk/run places unless it's far away, then I use fly.

I only use my bike when I'm breeding. I'm impatient and figure biking will get me more steps more quickly.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • I don't fly much nowadays since I rarely have a flier in my party. I usually don't use my bike in Heart Gold because I like my Pokémon following me :3

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    Walking, flyings just tedious and who doesn't want to see their pokemon behind them :D

MysticFlygon

Rookie Hacker
    Years
  • I go with walking/running because flying just takes away the point of things like the magnet train and the SS aqua. If I want to go from Johto to Kanto(or vice versa) I would just use one of those methods(usually SS aqua). As for Surfing; I find myself surfing only when I need to or if I'm trying to train an electric Pokemon or something.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • It's a tie between biking and flying. I only use biking when it's necessary, and flying when I don't feel like biking would just love to travel to the next city. xD

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    My first catch was a Pidgey. I always get a flying type on my team, I make it learn fly, it enjoys it, and thats how I travel.
    : )

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I bike and I fly. But I tend to use my bike more. I hate surfing and runnning, too slow.
    Walking is only good in the beginning of the game.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I usually Run places, or walk but mainly run, I never have time or can never be bothered to use the Bike, and Flying, I only fly if I want to get to a certain place that's far away, obviously, so overall - Running.

Back