• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Treecko, Torchic, or Mudkip?

Which starter will you pick in ORAS?

• Treecko

Votes: 124 43.2%
  • Torchic

Votes: 52 18.1%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 111 38.7%

• Total voters

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
  • Most likely going with Mudkip since I do like it's Water/Ground typing and I'm looking forward to using the mega Camerupt.

pkmin3033

I'll probably use all three; the first time I play a Pokemon game I tend to use all three starters, then the second time I pick just one and build a team up around that. Although it depends on what is available in-game...if I can build a team I'm satisfied with early on, I might not use any of the starters at all. I won't know for sure until I see what is on each route!

Although my initial thought was to go with Mudkip, if only because I like how beefy Mega Swampert looks. Normally I go with the fire starter, but I used Torchic in X/Y, and I want a little variety.

Years
  • I'm going to choose mudkip :)

game_grumps___rejected_treecko_by_charybdusrage-d5a3qj9.jpg

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • Mudkip, I like Torchic too, but, if I could chose both, I would... Grass types are good, but they're weak, especially in Hoenn.

Edit: Ew, I can't believe how many of you are choosing Treecko, like come on...

Years
  • I always choose the water starter. So why stop now? I'll probably go for Mudkip.

But Torchic and Treecko look awesome too, so I'll probably trade for them at some point.

Years
  • Mudkip, I like Torchic too, but, if I could chose both, I would... Grass types are good, but they're weak, especially in Hoenn.

Edit: Ew, I can't believe how many of you are choosing Treecko, like come on...

Treecko is a popular starter and it has a great new mega. No reason to criticize those of us who would like to use Treecko in our game.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    Mudkip duh.

Although the whole Mudkip meme a while back ruined it for me, I generally like starting with water type.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • Torchic in the minority? Surprising.

I think a lot of people ended up using Torchic/Mega Blaziken in X/Y and so the preference has switched to Treecko & Mudkip for ORAS.

Personally, after playing the demo through a couple times, I'm now leaning towards picking Treecko, because Mega Sceptile is just totally awesome.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I really love the Tank appearance that Mega Swampert has going for it, which is why I'm choosing Mudkip as my starter. Plus, I love the concept of a Water-Ground Pokemon, even though they're incredibly weak to Grass attacks. As Mega Blaziken has already been a thing, I'll most likely go with Treecko on my second play through.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Torchic for me. The only reason being is that I originally chose a Torchic when Ruby was originally released. It would only be right. But I may transfer some Pokémon via the bank to make my run more interesting.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2014
    I will pick treecko but I honestly dislike the look of sceptile and his mega and will not end up using it most likely.

Back