• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Trojan Horse in Elite Map!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I've found out that there's a trojan in elitemap. I've already deleted the files, but seems like they made a mark in my Appdata. They are in dexter.exe, and elitemap.zip. The trojan's called (same in both files) : Trojan horse PSW.Generic4.MNS

Found this using AVG, antivirus.

dragonarche

Is back :D
    Years
    ohh thats why my computer
    had to emegency restart
    thanx for the advice.

@silver riolu
    USE ADVANCE MAP!!!!!!!!!!
    ELETE MAP SUCKS ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!

alo

Years
    I didn't find trojan in EliteMap, and I don't experience anything wrong with my computer.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I got Trojan Horse from EliteMap too. I think it might be one of 3 reasons...
    1. AVG sometimes points out THREATS that might not become viruses
    2. The website you download it from
    3. AVG points out viruses better, in my opinion.

Years
    Don't worry guys, it's just beacuse of the UPX,which is a kind of Packer.UPX are usually used to protect Trojan,so AVG found the "upx!" in the programme(which is one of the feature codes of UPX),and thought it's a Trojan

lostsoul5673

blahblahblahblahblahblahb lah
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2009
    Meh, my AVG hasn't said anything to me, except it gets mad at me since I canceled the install, I forgot where I installed it first that's why, I kept clicking Next->

But yeah, I don't understand EliteMap anyways.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
    Years
    I think you people underestimate how many false positives AVG gives. >_> I bet if you scan it with NOD32, or another AV then it would return nothing.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2008
    The source code for its realesed so you can check it yourself if your concerned.

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2015
    How does EliteMap Work anyway? I tried it, but I couldn't do anything and it crashed my rom...

Years
    I think you people underestimate how many false positives AVG gives. >_> I bet if you scan it with NOD32, or another AV then it would return nothing.

Hell yes. But, of course, then again, false positives aren't always a bad thing.

Guys. There's not a Trojan in Elite Map. Or maybe there is, but it's not something harmful to your computer. Just because a program is invasive doesn't mean it's harmful. The same technology used in password stealing Trojans could also be applied in theory to things like data-backup tools, or a survey in a program asking you to rate the performance. After all, they're both taking note of things going on in your computer during the session, right? Dear lord, delete that program right now! It's using sophisticated ways of gathering information to improve it's own performance! It must be evil...

You sound like my great aunt who heard about these scary new things called viruses and decided to eliminate any risk of acquiring any by taking scissors to her T1 line.

True story, her name was I WANT DIALGA!...

Last edited:

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
    Years
    Yeah, my Avast did that too... But I knew better :P

Its just with one of the newer updates.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back