• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Trumpets: Hoenn Chronicles (OOC)

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
  • Capture attempts:

Loki's attempt at Zigzagoon is a SUCCESS!
    asphodel's attempt at Chatot is a SUCCESS!

also @dud190, take note of what asphodel said. And spelling mistakess!

jombii

Years
  • Petalburg is now open! Application for missions will be open for 84 hours (or 3.5 days) from now. :)

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
    Years
  • wit. I'm just backreading the OOC just now. LOL SORRY

Okay. I am at a dilemma here. I have, of course, closed the SUs a few days back, with asphodel's acceptance. However, I really do like Shak's character. I'm leaving the decision to the current players. Is it all right if we accept Shak and not accept more applications?

JK I AM GM. VARYS USE GM POWER. SHAK IS ACCEPTED.

I will update the OP and the Pokemon list after my examination tomorrow. See you guys!

Well you diiiid say you thought you could handle 16 players, and I'm pretty sure Shak makes 16, so you're not really breaking your own rules. ;D

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018
    ..Oops. Well, I'll just be patient and hopefully meet someone in or after Petalburg (Unless you want to hurry and catch me now in 102).

@Varys You mentioned an artifical pond/lake in Petalburg. Can we find pokemon in that area given we have a rod or a pokemon that could learn Surf?

jombii

Years
  • Petalburg is now open! Application for missions will be open for 84 hours (or 3.5 days) from now. :)

@Varys You mentioned an artifical pond/lake in Petalburg. Can we find pokemon in that area given we have a rod or a pokemon that could learn Surf?

;)

LinearAxel

Years

;)

=o Does that mean we can? What's in there?

@Asphodel

8D Thank you so much! You're so nice!
    And z0mg your character is so cool. I can't wait to interact with her! <3

jombii

Years
  • @crescent moon I did post in the IC thread that the capture wasn't a success. Or is this a new one? I haven't read the latest post yet.

@LinearAxel: For now, all I am going to say is that there are Pokemon in there but it is not yet encounterable.

jombii

Years
  • I'm on my second attempt to catch that Ralts.

eep sorry. I read that before during class and made a mental note to accept it when I come home. Must have forgotten it by then. :(

Crescen't attempt to capture Ralts is a success!

@LinearAxel: ;)

jombii

Years
  • etherpad guys!

I'm gonna update this with moves and pokemon and all that important stuff, because editing the second OP on the IC thread is sometimes too much of a hassle if I include moves. So yeah. Feel free to help me out and add your character in. I'm doing this by acceptance order.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2016
    etherpad guys!

I'm gonna update this with moves and pokemon and all that important stuff, because editing the second OP on the IC thread is sometimes too much of a hassle if I include moves. So yeah. Feel free to help me out and add your character in. I'm doing this by acceptance order.

Ooh, this is neat--added Linnet and her Pokemon to the bottom!

Nero

I like it.
    Years
  • Varys said:

Stop that, you! >:(

Also, Payton seems to be forever alone (although I haven't really initiated any interactions with anyone). I'm regretting choosing to play as a character like him, to be honest. Oh well, I guess someone's gotta do it. Sorta. Not really. Bah. He's going to Petalburg. Alone. Don't come looking for him.

Uh. I'll update tomorrow. It's actually my birthday tomorrow, but I should have a bit of time.

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
    Years
  • Hmm...well it's not completely without potential. I don't know what you had in mind for the character, but we can make rivals out of my character and Axel's character (Team Firefox). Thoughts, The Nero?

LinearAxel

Years
  • Also, Payton seems to be forever alone (although I haven't really initiated any interactions with anyone). I'm regretting choosing to play as a character like him, to be honest. Oh well, I guess someone's gotta do it. Sorta. Not really. Bah. He's going to Petalburg. Alone. Don't come looking for him.

Uh. I'll update tomorrow. It's actually my birthday tomorrow, but I should have a bit of time.

HAPPY BIRTHDAAAAAAAY!

And don't worry! A character like this means lots of room for development. I get the feeling he and Rose are going to butt heads sooner rather than later, and he'll probably bring up that he saw her use hex on a Poochyena at some point, and Rose will glue herself to him until she proves to him she's a good trainer.

So don't worry! You will get the interaction!

Nero

I like it.
    Years
  • Thanks for the happy birthday! My ideas for Payton are that he slowly warms up to trainers after, well, being one, and he eventually goes on to become a better person (a bit) over the course of the RP thanks to his Pokemon and fellow trainers alike. I realised after starting that he's a bit too off-putting though, which I'm not very used to. Then again, I like writing odd character combinations like Payton and Skipper, so I'm going to keep him as a grump for as long as possible. He's probably a better character for a fanfic, I think.

And yeah, there's definitely some hostility between Team Firefox and Payton, just because they have more reasons to dislike each other unlike the others I'd say. I guess I'll keep pestering Zachry a little when I see him, but unless one of the two really snaps at Payton he'll just stay passive aggressive and out of the way.

At some stage, I'm going to have to guide Payton towards the gym circuit… Maybe he can be tempted by prize money in battles, and decides to add being a full-fledged trainer to his list of side-jobs? If anyone's got a better idea, let me know. It seems too boring of a reason to me.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2016
    @Asphodel

8D Thank you so much! You're so nice!
    And z0mg your character is so cool. I can't wait to interact with her! <3

Aw thank you too! c: Linnet would love to meet Rose (and she would be totally fascinated by her little blue Ralts!), hopefully they'll bump into each other soon!

Thanks for the happy birthday! My ideas for Payton are that he slowly warms up to trainers after, well, being one, and he eventually goes on to become a better person (a bit) over the course of the RP thanks to his Pokemon and fellow trainers alike. I realised after starting that he's a bit too off-putting though, which I'm not very used to. Then again, I like writing odd character combinations like Payton and Skipper, so I'm going to keep him as a grump for as long as possible. He's probably a better character for a fanfic, I think.

And yeah, there's definitely some hostility between Team Firefox and Payton, just because they have more reasons to dislike each other unlike the others I'd say. I guess I'll keep pestering Zachry a little when I see him, but unless one of the two really snaps at Payton he'll just stay passive aggressive and out of the way.

At some stage, I'm going to have to guide Payton towards the gym circuit… Maybe he can be tempted by prize money in battles, and decides to add being a full-fledged trainer to his list of side-jobs? If anyone's got a better idea, let me know. It seems too boring of a reason to me.

Hmm, maybe Linnet could help him out? She's also a little skeptical about going for the gym circuit (she's honestly leaning more towards Pokemon researcher than trainer, I think, battling stresses her out), so maybe they could strike up a deal along the lines of, "Look, let's just try this together even though neither of us really wants to" or something? Make a bet out of it?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    So do I have to start from the start, or can I start from around about where everyone else is?

Back