• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Twitch Plays pokemon

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
  • If they can manage to get through the Kanto Safari Zone, then they should be able to get through the Spear Pillar just fine. Same goes for Juan's gym and other areas with unstable ground.

Sky Pillar*

And they don't need to, unless they need to get Rayquaza, or want to. Before you actually get Rayquaza, you just walk normally, then to get him, it is a lot harder.

However, getting him would be impossible. You couldn't do Democracy because you would fall trying to do the next button. It would basically be all luck with the moves to be completely perfect.

serpenter

Eternal Inferno
    Years
  • I've only seen and participated a couple of times. A youtube Acapella video was what finally got me to go and see what all of the hype was about. I found it interesting but too chaotic to pay much attention. I can only enjoy watching red walk into walls so many times...

Some of the art I've seen on tumblr, twitter etc has been funny, cool or just touching. I like that side of it.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I love how we somehow caught an Abra and it keeps using Teleport at the worse places. Like they managed to get to the Rustboro Gym and then teleported out. XD

It seems we have another over-powered starter again. :/ We shoudn't have a level 20 Torchic with no badges......

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2020
    Lol, they just deposited the whole team, all for just a Marill. Only because two extra Poochyenas took up our team slots

Treecko

Years
  • Oh wow we managed to deposit all of our Pokemon....Now let's get Zexy back without releasing her.... and maybe Abra (hilariously named Fap Junky) and a Poochyena and we should be good.And it's been a day since we started and we don't have a badge...this is getting fun.

Treecko

Years
  • What's the PC's name? A? o.o

Yeah it's A. She's nicknamed by fans as "A-Chan" or Camila A. Slash.

Wow we seriosuly have a level 32 Torchic and only two badges?? Dear God , Zexy's is overpowered worse than LazorGator. At least we've evolved Marill though. The Virgin Marill is now an Azumarill. Looks like we're attempting to beat Watson and his trainers in Mauvile. I'm probably gonna miss us beat him cause I'll probably be on the bus. D:

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2016
    Current situation:

• Twitch has been fighting Wattson for 20+ times now, which has been going on for like 2 full days or more. Paralyze + confusion + missed attacks make this easily one of the WORST luck so far since Gen 1. It doesn't help that our current strongest Poke is M4 the lv33 Azumarill.
    • Twitch managed to evolve Dotty the Nincada and get Shedinja, hoping to finally beat Wattson. But again, paralyze and confusion screw it over and over.
    • Zexy the lv38, lonely natured Torchic has been released a few hours ago. Reason for him to stay unevolved was because people wanted him to learn Flamethrower, which is better than Blaze Kick in every way. This happened after we got Shedinja btw.
    • To make it worse, we can't seem to even shake off our bad luck after the chic was released. Constant paralyzes, M4's Rollout keeps missing at crucial moment, and confusion keep Shedinja from being the game changer that people hope it become.
    • Money is practically 0 right now, so no Balls to catch anything else. We still haven't fought trainers in Cycling Road though.
    • Also, I don't know how and why, but we keep having more and more Poochyena. As of right now, we have five of them in total.
    Perhaps we are paying for all our good luck in the past? (catching Zapdos, getting Steelix, ...)

Last edited:

Treecko

Years
  • ohhhh nooooo i just found out we released Zexy how could we ;_____;
    I know!! It made me so sad when I heard the news. :( I'm thinking of making fanart, but obviously everyone beat me to it.
    Spoiler:

So many people in the chat were hoping we were to soft reset game and get Zexy back...I wish they did too.... :(
    Current situation:

• Twitch has been fighting Wattson for 20+ times now, which has been going on for like 2 full days or more. Paralyze + confusion + missed attacks make this easily one of the WORST luck so far since Gen 1. It doesn't help that our current strongest Poke is M4 the lv33 Azumarill.
    • Twitch managed to evolve Dotty the Nincada and get Shedinja, hoping to finally beat Wattson. But again, paralyze and confusion screw it over and over.
    • Zexy the lv38, lonely natured Torchic has been released a few hours ago. Reason for him to stay unevolved was because people wanted him to learn Flamethrower, which is better than Blaze Kick in every way. This happened after we got Shedinja btw.
    • To make it worse, we can't seem to even shake off our bad luck after the chic was released. Constant paralyzes, M4's Rollout keeps missing at crucial moment, and confusion keep Shedinja from being the game changer that people hope it become.
    • Money is practically 0 right now, so no Balls to catch anything else. We still haven't fought trainers in Cycling Road though.
    • Also, I don't know how and why, but we keep having more and more Poochyena. As of right now, we have five of them in total.
    Perhaps we are paying for all our good luck in the past? (catching Zapdos, getting Steelix, ...)

Oh damn. This is awful. We got our last badge 3 days ago and I think this is the longest time we've gone without a badge. We needed Zexy to stay really badly. It's kind of boring watching us do nothing so I hope things pick up soon.

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2016
    We did it!!! WE FINALLY DID IT!!!

After more than 20 tries, after more than 2 days, WATTSON IS DEFEATED AT LAST!!!

Shedinja has fulfill its purpose by taking down his last Pokemon, Manectric. Perhaps the spirit of Zexy does live on in that bug shell!

Finally we can move on. Bye bye Mauville, hope to never see you again in a long time.

Treecko

Years
  • Oh thank God, about time! That was both boring and horrifying. I'd never expect us to lose a Pokemon in the progress of getting a badge. That was the most exhausting gym badge attempt I've seen on TPP. Watson was always a difficult gym leader for me so I don't blame them taking so long. His Manetric is the biggest challenge, especially when you pick always Treecko like me. >.>

Well Flanerry will be easier if they keep Azumarill out the whole time.

Edit:Do we have to go through New Mauville though? Or is that not required? I can't remember.

Last edited:

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Well, I didn't get to see Twitch Plays Pokemon Emerald start, but I heard bits of the initial audio, so that's something. >_> I got really irritated when I heard the game soft-reset four times. Seriously? Given the experience with the initial Twitch Plays Pokemon Red run (which I don't mind too much, since that was our first time and the "soft-reset" abuse may have been unforeseen), the host should've ensured that the Select button was understandably disabled (as I anticipated that it would be) prior to the chat having access to the Emerald game controls; I mean, we already have 2 runs down. >:( That "soft-reset"-laced start was just horrible, though; I hope that it doesn't happen again. And I really would've liked the "slash" name, too!

I've missed so much in 5 days, though!

This round seems it could take longer. Plus with all the puzzles in Hoenn , it will last. We're still near Oldale and it's been 2 hours. Though Zexy (Torchic's fan name) might become overpowered like Lazorgator though I really hope not.

I glad we picked May cause it will add variety to the lore. First female go A-Chan! Was hoping they'd pick Treecko , but Torchic is a cutie.

Agreed; I'm glad that a girl will finally be added to the lore of Twitch Plays Pokemon. I was torn on which starter Pokemon that I wanted to be chosen...Mudkip is like the epitome of "memetic Pokemon", but Torchic was my own starter and continues to be super-cool amidst all of the heat that it emits, yet (as I read later) Treecko would've been great in matching the cartridge color of Pokemon Emerald (allowing there to be trivia in that the first three TPP starter Pokemon were reptilian-based Pokemon that share the same general coloration as their corresponding versions).

Sky Pillar*

And they don't need to, unless they need to get Rayquaza, or want to. Before you actually get Rayquaza, you just walk normally, then to get him, it is a lot harder.

However, getting him would be impossible. You couldn't do Democracy because you would fall trying to do the next button. It would basically be all luck with the moves to be completely perfect.

Wow; I knew the cracks would pose a problem, but I forgot about how much of an impact that the delay of Democracy Mode would have! I honestly wonder what we would have done if traversing the Ruby/Sapphire variant of Sky Pillar was required to beat the game in Emerald.. {XD}

I love how we somehow caught an Abra and it keeps using Teleport at the worse places. Like they managed to get to the Rustboro Gym and then teleported out. XD

It seems we have another over-powered starter again. :/ We shoudn't have a level 20 Torchic with no badges......

Neat...ooh, DigRat reincarted as an Abra? XD I hope that Teleport doesn't pose too much of a problem, though... It would suck if we Teleported right before we reached EverGrande City's southern Pokemon Center (situated behind a waterfall, but in front of Hoenn's Victory Road); so much Surfing backtracking would be needed! XD

I'M ON VACATION RN BUT
    WE'RE A GIRL
    WITH A TORCHIC
    WHO IS APPARENTLY CRAZY
    THIS IS BEAUTIFUL

Twitch Plays pokemon Twitch Plays pokemon

Wow...the juxtaposition of the forest and flames is quite interesting...

Yeah it's A. She's nicknamed by fans as "A-Chan" or Camila A. Slash.

Hmm, well I'm glad that the "pre-save file" names were retained in the lore somehow, even if only as a nickname. Because "A"/"A-Chan" is just way too generic for my tastes, even though I know that it's the most likely letter to be seen due to being where the cursor rests on default when inputting Pokemon nicknames in RSE.

Current situation:

Neat that we have a Shedinja! Wow; I'm a bit astonished that Wattson, out of all the Gym Leaders, needed ~20+ rematches! XD But yeah, his Manectric/Magneton and paralysis can be a real jerk sometimes..

I know!! It made me so sad when I heard the news. :( I'm thinking of making fanart, but obviously everyone beat me to it.
    Spoiler:

So many people in the chat were hoping we were to soft reset game and get Zexy back...I wish they did too.... :(

Oh damn. This is awful. We got our last badge 3 days ago and I think this is the longest time we've gone without a badge. We needed Zexy to stay really badly. It's kind of boring watching us do nothing so I hope things pick up soon.

RIP Zexy the Torchic! (nice nickname).. SIGH...I'm a bit shocked that Torchic actually got released. Well, I guess the play-through will be more interesting for those that don't want an overpowered starter Pokemon, although I'm guessing that the Hoenn Elite Four (and Steven Stone, if we challenge him post-game) will be brutal.

We did it!!! WE FINALLY DID IT!!!

After more than 20 tries, after more than 2 days, WATTSON IS DEFEATED AT LAST!!!

Shedinja has fulfill its purpose by taking down his last Pokemon, Manectric. Perhaps the spirit of Zexy does live on in that bug shell!

Finally we can move on. Bye bye Mauville, hope to never see you again in a long time.

Good to hear!

Oh thank God, about time! That was both boring and horrifying. I'd never expect us to lose a Pokemon in the progress of getting a badge. That was the most exhausting gym badge attempt I've seen on TPP. Watson was always a difficult gym leader for me so I don't blame them taking so long. His Manetric is the biggest challenge, especially when you pick always Treecko like me. >.>

Well Flanerry will be easier if they keep Azumarill out the whole time.

Edit:Do we have to go through New Mauville though? Or is that not required? I can't remember.

I don't think so; I don't recall New Mauville being mandated, and Bulbapedia lists the location as being involved in an optional side-quest.

Awww...only ~5000 viewers at the moment! :( I hope that it picks up eventually. And darn it, I missed the Gym Leader battle against Flannery and Norman (and even the now-legendary Wattson)?! T_T

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • hmmmm....i want to say i was there for the first time the all helix fossil thing happened. So i was from the first ones to praise the lord helix himself. I missed all of crystal though :( sad smiley. When they'll do platinum i'll join hehe....the lord helix shall rise agin from the ashes of the omanytes!

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Yeah...we made it far within the interior of Magma Hideout (so many wild Pokemon due to all of the cave tiles! >_>), had the nicely-timed opportunity to find a Max Revive, got within view of Maxie, and Oddish ( the last Pokemon that was conscious in the Pokemon party), succumbed not to a Fire-type move (as I thought would be the case when we encountered Torkoal) (Day 10, Hour 2, Minute 9; going by in-game time), but to a rogue Geodude's Self-Destruct! That was brutal to watch. :x So many clutch fleeings/escapes at low HP, though! Sigh...back to Lavaridge Town!

Oh, and Oddish was prevented from evolving earlier, unfortunately.. :( (Also, we have six Badges already, apparently! This run seems like it's going by very fast! Luckily, I managed to catch a battle against some Magma Grunts (including a player-versus-2-Magma-Grunts battle within Magma Hideout) and the Magma Hideout battle against Magma Admin Tabitha! DAT MUSIC! ("Battle! Team Magma/Aqua Grunt" sounds a bit off in some places, though.. :x)

When they'll do platinum i'll join hehe....the lord helix shall rise agin from the ashes of the omanytes!

Not sure if Pokemon Platinum Version will be done, but apparently, Twitch Plays Pokemon FireRed has been confirmed as the fourth run last time I checked, where we have a randomizer that allows us to encounter any Pokemon (of those existing during Generation 3) in the wild..?

I'll try to add more comments on the Emerald run if I remember later..
    Oh noes, this thread lost its stickied status! ;_;

Back