• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Two Truths and a Lie!

Years
  • Before: #3 looks sus. too much info. I feel like some information is wrong, like the partner or maybe to whom you lost.

After: Well, I kinda got it lol. Proud of myself lmao

1. I have never had both versions of a game (ex: moon, but not sun; diamond, but not pearl)
    2. I have beaten the Battle Tower in Pokemon Diamond only a year ago
    3. I have never played Pokemon Sun/Moon

Spoiler:

Years
  • Before: 1 Sounds plausible. Probably 2 or 3. I'll go with 3.

After: Awww.... back to the wrong streak I guess =p

Guess I'll go with the UB's for this one.
    1) I like Poipole, but not it's evolution.
    2) I like Stakataka.
    3) I like Pheromosa.

Spoiler:

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Before: #2 is probably the lie. It's rare to find anyone who likes Statataka at all. Although... I wouldn't discard #1, because it's also rare to find anyone who dislikes Naganadel.

After: I was right but awww, no love for alien Lego bricks? ;_;

Three gimmick-related statements:
    1. I never used Mega Evolution in the Gen VI games; I only tried it in Gen VII.
    2. I have completed at least one no-Dynamax run of Shield.
    3. I cheesed the Ultra Necrozma battle in Ultra Sun by using a super-effective Z-Move on it.

Spoiler:

Years
  • before: I think it's 1. It seems pretty plausibly a lie, because it's pretty hard not use mega, especially on a first run, even out of curiosity.

after: yeah lol, got it. 2 was tempting me as well tho.

Some ORAS facts:

1. My first run of ORAS was this year
    2. I have used megas only in the League
    3. I caught Deoxys on first try

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I guessed two correctly. Seems like a bit of hassle to catch all those specific pokemon. You can also only mega evolve one per battle so it wouldn't sound that fun anyways.

1. I watched half of the Diamond and Pearl arc of the anime before quitting.
    2. I felt inspired to use chimchar because of the anime.
    3. Paul felt like an enjoyable rival and became my favorite part of the show.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Before: ahhh anime stuff.... I'm pretty sure you like Chimchar, but I doubt you'd use it because of the anime. If anything you probably already liked it before the anime.
    I'll just pick 2, I guess.

After: Wrong reasoning, right answer I guess =p

Let's see....
    1. I always have a Flying type on my playthrough teams.
    2. I never shiny hunted before gen 8.
    3. I never completed my PokeDex before gen 8.

Spoiler:

Years
  • before: this one is hard. all seem plausible. 1 seems to be true because before gen 7 you had to use fly and i think in general having the flying type of the first routes is kinda common. 2 looks sus. 3 could be true because gen 7 and gen 8 have a higher chance to complete their pokedex faster. maybe 2 is just a trap, so i m going with 3

after: lol, no comment. Not even close ahah

Mega evolution related:

1. I don't like mega Mewtwo X
    2. I have never used primal Kyogre outside of online competitive battles
    3. I have never mega evolved Latias/Latios in ORAS

Spoiler:

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Before: #2 is almost certainly the lie. There's no way you didn't give Kyogre an in-game test run before sending it into online.

After: Right for the wrong reasons again! Understandable though, especially if you have Alpha Sapphire.

Three Kanto-related statements:
    1. I've never played a Gen I game proper.
    2. I'm not particularly keen on most of the Kanto Gym Leaders these days.
    3. I picked Squirtle as a starter in my run of LeafGreen.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Before: Pretty sure 2 is true, I've seen you complain about a bunch of them on here =p
    So 1 or 3....
    3 could be true, but could also have been a different starter obviously.
    Makes me wonder what you would consider a proper play of gen 1.... like would doing the gyms out of order already be considered improper?
    Guess I'll go with 1 expecting a trick question again =3

After: Nope different starter after all.

1. I grinded for a Dratini in the gen 1 Game Corner.
    2. I got an Abra from the gen 1 Gamer Corner, because I couldn't find any elsewhere.
    3. I grinded for a Porygon in the gen 1 Game Corner.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'll guess 3 as the lie because it sounds the hardest.

Well, it was correct.

1. I was defeated by Ghetsis one time on my first playthrough of Gen 5.
    2. Wallace is the hardest champion for me. Seems to defeat me in every playthrough of Emerald.
    3. Korrina handed me my only loss in the entirety of Generation 6 because I had EXP share off and became too low leveled.

Spoiler:

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Before: #2 is the lie most likely. I've never seen anyone else complain about Wallace being difficult other than myself. I'd love it i lf I weren't alone, but...

After: Oh! I'm sorry that happened, but thanks goodness I'm not alone on that! Wallace was one of the most difficult Champions I have faced, simply because the Hoenn games are short on good Electric- and Grass-type options, and he's got that monstrously tanky Milotic. (I love him precisely because of that though.)

Three main story battle-related statements:
    1. It took me several tries (with save spamming, because I didn't wanna lose my money) to beat Cynthia in Diamond.
    2. I never actually beat Red in any Johto game - neither Crystal nor HG/SS.
    3. Despite having played Emerald, I never actually did the Steven post-game battle.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Before: 3 just sounds like something you'd do =p
    1 is a pretty common thing.... 2, there's plenty people who just don't bother with the Kanto portion of the game at all =p
    2 perhaps? you mention both Crystal and HGSS. Even if you were to ignore the Kanto portion and Red in Crystal, I doubt you'd do it again in HGSS.

After: Right enough =p

1. Ice has always been my favorite type.
    2. Ghost is my least favorite type.
    3. Banette and Mismagius are my favorite Ghost types.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'll guess 2 as the lie. I don't remember you ever mentioning it...

Fair enough. Nearly picked the first one.

1. Mightyena is my favorite early route evolution Pokemon.
    2. I like keeping a Pokemon on my team that can use Light Screen/Reflect.
    3. I prefer Politoed over Poliwrath.

Spoiler:

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Before: #2 is unusual, but it does seem like something you'd considering you're a strategist at heart. And #3 does seem to be the common opinion so I wouldn't be surprised if it were true. That leaves me with #1.

After: Nice, got it right this time!

Three Pokémon fan game-related statements:
    1. I prefer shorter, self-contained or arcade-style fan games to longer ones.
    2. I have beaten Pokémon Xenoverse three times, using a different starter on each run.
    3. I have never played Reborn, Rejuvenation or Desolation, but I'm all too familiar with their stories.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Before: 3 is potentially true. Based on some of your other posts it doesn't really sound like you like Reborn. Dunno about the other two mentioned in 3 though.
    The other two.... idk. I'll gamble on two expecting some form of 'I used the same starter each time' or 'I played it way more than three times'.

After: Then again less then three is also ofc an option lol.... At least I gambled right lol

1. I prefer Gardevoir over Gallade
    2. I prefer Froslass over Glalie
    3. I prefer Mothim over Wormadam

Spoiler:

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Before: Based on your previous posts, I know you don't like many Ghost-types, so I'm betting on #2.

After: Oooooof, I was completely off the mark on that one.

Three glitch-related statements:
    1. I wandered into the Mystery Zone completely by accident while I was looking for Articuno in SoulSilver.
    2. I encountered the Glitch City ghost in Crystal by using VBA to look for it.
    3. I have met the original Missingno or one of its many variants in Gen I.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'll guess 1 as the lie. 2 and 3 seem more plausible.

Ah...well that makes perfect sense.

no particular theme

1. I don't like saving during the elite four. If I lose, I prefer restarting the entire gauntlet.
    2. I had a total of 50 Audino in storage during Pokemon White.
    3. My all time favorite Pokemon is Tyranitar. This is solely because I like Kaiju monsters.

Spoiler:

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Before: #2 is most definitely the lie. No one would have dared to keep that many Audino in storage in a Gen V game unless they were breeding one to take advantage of its Mega, and said Mega didn't come out until OR/AS.

After: Nice, I got it right! Convoluted reasoning, but right in the end.

Three Unova-related statements:
    1. My favourite Gym Leaders used to be Burgh, Marlon and Elesa, but now it's undoubtedly Drayden.
    2. One of the greatest Pokémon-related shocks in my life was finding out that Alder was a grandfather - when Benga was revealed.
    3. Team Plasma in B2/W2 used to be my favourite villainous team until I rediscovered the ruthlessness of early Team Rocket.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Before: Errr.. 2 and 3 both seem plausible. So I'll go with 1.
    Which will probably not be right.

After: Nope, it wasn't xD

1. I want a baby Pokemon for Lapras.
    2. I want a baby Pokemon for Tauros & Miltank.
    3. I want a baby Pokemon for Furfrou.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Uh...I'll guess 3. In the Race topic I don't remember you mentioning that.

And I was correct.

Stupid stuff I did as a kid is the theme.

1. My first masterball was used on a wild Ditto.
    2. I had a level 100 Blastoise with only water moves.
    3. As a little kid, I randomly released my older brother's Zapdos.

Spoiler:

Back