• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Two Truths and a Lie!

Years
  • Before: Hmmm... not even for special runs? #1 is probably the lie then. Though 2 and 3 also sound like they could be lies.
    I'll gamble #1 I guess.

After: Nope.

1. Sceptile was once my favorite Hoenn starter, but nowadays it's Swampert.
    2. Charizard was once my favorite Kanto starter, but nowadays it's Blastoise.
    3. Serperior was once my favorite Unova starter, but nowadays it's Emboar.

Spoiler:

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Before: You said you favoured the Snivy line once if I recall correctly, so 3 has to be the lie!

After: Yay, I got it right! I don't blame you on the ones that are true though. Sceptile kind of sucks on repeated playthroughs and Blastoise has always been the superior fully-evolved starter over Charizard (and both over Venusaur.)

Three further fan game-related statements:
    1. I have played at least one Pokémon ROM hack to completion.
    2. I almost quit my first playthrough of Pokémon Xenoverse multiple times, but pressed on to completion.
    3. I started both Reborn and Rejuvenation with the intent of completing them, but gave up on both before the first Gym.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Before: #1's gotta be true. Unless it's a technicality thing and you've only played fan games to completion. #2 sounds plausible. As does #3, but it mentions 2 games, so I'm half expecting it to be partially true to one of the games and not the other =P
    I'll go with #3.

After: Nope. Did consider the option of it being a Rom Hacks vs Fangames thing though... xD

1. I haven't yet caught any shiny Alpha's in Legends, but I've caught plenty of normal shiny Pokemon.
    2. I made it up to Turnback Cave, where Giratina is, using only Wyrdeer.
    3. I made it to the Holm of Trials in the Crimson Mirelands with just Wyrdeer.

Getting hard to come up with statements for this tbh

Spoiler:

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Dec 25, 2023
    Before: 1. It's Iffy cause it is easy to shiny hunt alphas, but idk. 2. It's gotta be the lie... but then again what sounds like a lie might be true... 3. OH this is the lie... I should know I tried it

Vote is 3.

After: Incorrect I was , I tried this for so long.... yet it was possible. what did i do wrong-

1. I tend to lean toward Fire Starters more.
    2. Glaceon is my favorite Eeveelution
    3. My first games were Sun and Moon.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Online now
    I guessed 3 as the logic of them being newer entries. I ended up being correct for the opposite of my reasoning.

1. I collected enough berries for the sick miltank in johto
    2. I beat Red with a corsola on my team.
    3. I have used Tarous on multiple playthroughs. It's a stable for my johto teams.

Spoiler:

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Before: Well... collecting enough Berries for the sick Miltank in Johto is a must if you want a more effective healing item in the form of Moo-Moo Milk, and going all the way up to Red with a Corsola does seem like something you would do, so I'm going with #3. Besides, Tauros pretty much stopped being useful after Generation I - why would you use it?

After: Nice, I was right!

Three Pokémon-related fanfic statements:
    1. I have both a self-insert as well as non-self-insert Pokémon Trainer OCs.
    2. I have completed and published a multi-chapter Pokémon fanfic.
    3. I have written fanfic for Pokémon fan games - that is, fanfic of a fanfic.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Before: All seem likely, but the word Completed in #2 is looking mighty sus to me, so I'm going with that.

After: My wrong spree has ended... for now.

1. I bought the Crystal VC just because I wanted to catch Celebi.
    2. The Crystal VC is my only gen 2 game.
    3. My first time experiencing Johto was in the Crystal VC.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Before : Hmmm, I would say 2 and 3 are true! and 1 is the lie! Who would want only one pokémon ?
    After : ... I still have to perfect my fact-checking skills...

1. I beat all gyms in Ruby with a single pokémon.
    2. I beat Black's 2 League the first time with 3 pokémon.
    3. I beat Brock in Yellow using Pikachu and Pidgeotto.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Before: 3 sounds very suspicious - not just because of the specific Pokémon mentioned, but also because of how difficult I've heard it is to pull off in that specific game. Although, speaking from personal experience, 1 could be false too if said Mon was Blaziken. I never finished my first playthrough of Ruby, in which I only used my starter, because the abundant Water-types in the last part of the game were kicking my rear-end - and thus I never got to Wallace. ;_;

After: Huh, now that was unexpected! I thought you'd have tried going at it with a reduced team like I often do, but given the game, maybe I should have figured it out. I agree that Swampert hits like a champ though - my team in Alpha Sapphire was honestly kind of redundant when Sandy the Swampert was around.

Three Sinnoh-related statements:
    1. Sinnoh used to be my favourite region up until all the Gen VII games (and VC ports of Gen I and Gen II) came out.
    2. My favorite Sinnoh Gym Leader when I was a kid was Volkner.
    3. I originally picked Turtwig as my starter when I first played Diamond, but then erased my save so I could pick Piplup instead.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Before: hmmmm.... tough one. I think I've seen you mention Volkner before, but I can't remember if it was in a positive or negative way.
    #3 could be false due to a different starter or not erasing the save or going with something else instead of Piplup.
    #1 seems the most plausible to be true to me. 2 or 3.... I'll go with #3 thinking you probably picked a diff starter.

After: Wrong one... oh well.

1. I've reset my Ruby and Sapphire games multiple times as a kid to be able to replay them.
    2. I've reset my Emerald game multiple times as a kid to replay them.
    3. I've played through Hoenn with a shiny Beldum that was on my team since the beginning.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Online now
    I knew three wasn't the lie. I remember that event and did the exact same thing. Narrowed it down and took a guess with one as the lie, looks like I wasn't correct.

1. I caught a shiny Abra in a romhack before it could teleport away. Lucky me!
    2. My first shiny in Legends: Arceus was a Drifloon.
    3. I caught a shiny Tropius in Omega Ruby. It was not added into my team.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Before: hmmm... if you dislike tropius then #3 could be true.... or the lie part is that you did actually add it...
    2 sounds the most plausible of the three... I've caught like 4 of the dang things by now xD
    1 would be pretty lucky, but I kinda want it to be true...
    hmmm.... I'll go with #3 I guess...

After: Correct? =o

Some mons with different appearances between genders:
    1. I prefer female Indeedee over male Indeedee.
    2. I prefer female Pyroar over male Pyroar
    3. I prefer male Meowstic over female Meowstic

Spoiler:

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Before: Pffft, #2 is almost surely the lie. They did the female Pyroar dirty with that stupid-looking "ponytail", so I wouldn't blame you for liking the male Pyroar better.

After: YEEEEEEEEEE--- I'm right this time!

Three Regional variant-related statements:
    1. I prefer Kantonian Raichu over Alolan Raichu.
    2. I prefer Galarian Meowth over Kantonian Meowth.
    3. I prefer Hisuian Typhlosion over Johtonian Typhlosion.

Spoiler:

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Dec 25, 2023
    Before: The regional variants of meowth aren't that good so i'll go with 2!
    After: SCORE!

If you guys go with genders and regional variants, I'll go with Megas!

1. I hate Mega Khangaskan
    2. I like Mega Manectric
    3. I think Mega Rayquaza should be Primal not Mega

Spoiler:

Years
  • Before: Mechanics wise Primal = Mega. Just a different name for the same thing. Though I guess you might just want the name to be the same, in which case it might be true.
    Personally I don't like Mega Manectric either, but tastes differ so... it's a coin toss between 1 and 2 for me.
    I'll go with #1.

After: Gambled wrong it seems.

1. Linoone is my fav regional rodent.
    2. Unfezant is my fav regional birb.
    3. Vivillon is my fav regional bug.

Spoiler:

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Before: I also have been growing to like the other two mons mentioned so I'll guess the Vivillon one.
    After: Holy balls, how did I guess right?

1. I have soft resetted 34528 times to get a shiny before.
    2. I think Alolan Raticate looks fine.
    3. A second round through Legends Arceus is confirmed to my next Nuzlocke.

Spoiler:

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Before: It could be any of these, but I'm betting on #2. I don't think I've met a person who actually likes Alolan Raticate. It could be #1 as well because of the specific number, but since it's common to keep track of resets, I'm 50/50 on it.

After: Welp, just 50 for me. I can't blame you though, soft-resetting makes me lose patience very easily.

Three G/S/C-related statements:
    1. I prefer Crystal to the remakes in some aspects like Eusine's characterization.
    2. I picked Chikorita as my starter on my first playthrough, and struggled as a result.
    3. I never played these games on a GBC; I only got Crystal in its 3DS VC re-release.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Before: Pretty sure #1 is true.
    2 & 3 could both be the lie, but I know Chikorita isn't very popular so I'll throw the 50/50 gamble that way.

After: Guessed correctly apparently =o

1. I don't like the new gen 9 pseudo-line.
    2. Salamence is my favorite pseudo-legendary.
    3. Hydreigon is my least favorite pseudo-legendary

Spoiler:

Back