• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ataraxia

Wanderer
Years
  • I really hate my power lead. It keeps cutting out when I'm halfway through my update, I've been trying to do this one for ages... :(
    Anywho, because of my lead I'm gonna have to make my updates less snazzy, which means no moar pictures mkay? :P

So here goes,

Update

• Started in Saffron, headed into the Silph Co. building.
    • Quickly stormed the building, knocking out Blue, Jessie and James and Giovanni, scoring the Masterball (not that I'm gonna use it but whatever)
    • Stormed through Saffron Gym with a little trouble and beat Sabrina
    • Surfed south of Pallet Town to reach Cinnabar Island, then got the key to the gym.
    • Beat all the gym trainers with Pentapox (Tentacruel) but failed to take out Arcanine (don't look at me like that, they're about 15 levels apart!) so Acidity (Nidoking) finished the job with Earthquake, winning me the Volcanobadge.
    • Flew to Viridian and took on the gym there, beating all the gym trainers and trouncing Giovanni for the last time, finally earning my passage to the Indigo Plateau! (it was very touch and go though, my under-leveled pokemon are beginning to show their weakness!)
    • Healed and beat Blue on the way to Victory Road.
    • Kicked the snot out of Moltres on the way, it felt weird not catching it :P
    • Stormed Victory Road, healed, re-supplied and took on the E4!
    • Lorelei was surprisingly hard, taking down all but Acidity. Thankfully PoisonIvy (Venusaur) and Toxicity (Nidoqueen) had beaten most her lineup before Lapras got started on them so a few Earthquakes and she was down.
    • Bruno was easy, VenomWing (Venamoth) took all of his team down save Machamp, which Toxicity took care of pretty easily
    • Agatha stalled me a bit with confusion and special defence but I got through in the end. At a cost though, all the PP on VenomWing's Psybeam was gone...
    • Lance was easy too, I set up evasion hax (:P) on VenomWing and poisoned them to death. Aerodactyl got a lucky hit on him though, so Toxicity took care of him, then Dragonite took her out so Pentapox had to take the last dragon down.
    • Blue was easy too, although a lot of his pokes had moves that could OHKO all of mine, I was faster than all of his level 60+ pokemon for some reason. So I just kept switching and hitting his weak spots and he went down!
    (I'll update again with my team sometime tomorrow, if not the day after)
    And then there were 4. Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova to go...

Weary from his travels and the battles he'd fought; Acidity made his way home to Pallet Town. As he walked and his faithful pokemon slept, he remembered his journeys through the Kanto region. He remembered Brock's face when he, Acidity and Toxicity the pair of Nidoran he'd met on his tenth birthday deftly mopped the floor with his 'rock-hard pokemon'. He remembered when his and the Bulbasaur's, which would later become PoisonIvy, eyes connected. He remembered finding the Venonat which he had no idea could be found in the area on Cerulean Cape, and named him VenomWing, for his evolution.
    Acidity trudged through the sleeping city of Viridian. He hadn't realised his conquest of the Elite 4 had taken so long, but he didn't mind. The city, even bathed in the faint glow of the moon, shone green. His mind was cast to Giovanni and Team Rocket. Would they really disband simply because he'd gotten in the way of their plans so many times? Acidity found it unlikely but he was the strongest trainer in Kanto now, he could send them packing if necessary.
    The tired champion made his way through Route 1 uneventfully, avoiding disturbing the families of Rattata and Pidgey, his mind set on returning home and telling his mother all about his adventure from when he last spoke to her, and indeed of his new status... And who could forget; of the prospect of journeying to the Johto region, for an entirely new adventure...

Years
  • well,i got platinum for christmas, like i assumed, and i've been hard at work with that, so im going to beat that before i continue my poison UMC, then to steel, dragon, then normal for the 4th leg(3rd for steel).. speaking of normal, i have an update!

I went to mahogany town and the lake of rage, killed the gyarados, had a nice little chat with lance, went to team rockets little hideout place and beat them all. Got whirlpool from lance and went to mahogany gym and challenged pryce. He was really easy, like always. I had Snubb kill his seel, and weaken his dewgong, but she died. So Moo Moo had to finish the dewgong and fight the piloswine using stomp the whole time.

Got a call from professor elm and walked down to goldenrod. I entered the radio tower and beat every rocket in there. i figured out where the director was and i went to the underground place and saved him, getting his key card. I used it and made my way to the executives office and fought him and stomped him. They left, and i continued on my journey. I made my way to the ice cave and got past the ice puzzle thing on my own, for once! I went to the next puzzle and got water fall and continued. I left the cave and entered the gym. Moo Moo did all of the work for everything. She used stomp on all of claires draonaires and got them in 2 shots, and kingdra was 4. 7, counting the hyper potion. got her the dragon scale and left.

I bought revives and hyper potions and then I walked to new bark, got the master ball, went to violet and caught a poliwag and taught it whirlpool and waterfall. I made my way to the healing house and grinded them all to level 40, scout to 45. Made my way through victory road, fought my rival, finishing him with scout, since everyone else fainted. I entered the doors, bought some more hypers, and i challenged the elite 4

Will was pretty easy. most of his pokes went down in a couple of shots from either horn attack or stomp.

Koga was really hard at all. some of my pokes died, but it didnt matter. His pokemon died within a few hits everytime.

Bruno worried me from the start. He beat my whole team, but i was able to survive with revives until his onix, where bully finished it with surf.

Karen was easy until she sent out houndoom. He killed everyone on my team but scout. She was able to finish it with slam, but still a difficult battle.

Lance, was the hardest of them all. Snubb had ice punch, which took out half of his team, but his last dragonite was trouble. I used at least 10 revives before i finished it.

First half of johto, DONE
    Next half of johto.. Some other time

My Current Team..

Buck/Stanler

Level 43

-Tackle
    -Take Down
    -Hypnosis
    -Stomp

Snubb/Granbull

Level 43

-Ice Punch
    -Thunder Punch
    -Fire Punch
    -Bite

Bully/Tauros

Level 42

-Rest
    -Rock Smash
    -Surf
    -Horn Attack

Moo Moo/Miltank

Level 40

-Rollout
    -Milk Drink
    -Defense Curl
    -Stomp

Scout/Furret

Level 45

-Slam
    -Fury Swipes
    -Quick Attack
    -Mud-Slap

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
  • Final Black Update

Name: Haru.
    Badges: 8.
    Pokèdex: 17.

Long time no updating.
    Just I want you guys to know that I completed the Ultimate Fighting Monotype Challenge, this time without cheating at all.
    By the way, I got Hariyama via PokèShift, at Lv. 63.
    Think I'll start tomorrow a Poison or Water Ultimate Monotype.
    I'll re-post or edit here if I'll do it.

500.gif

Lv. 73
    Head Smash
    Flamethrower
    Boiling Water
    Hammer Arm

534.gif

Lv. 72
    Dynamicpunch
    Stone Edge
    Bulk Up
    Strength

297.gif

Lv. 73
    Bulk Up
    Heavy Bomber
    Thunderpunch
    Force Palm

539.gif

Lv. 73
    Brick Break
    Bulk Up
    Rock Slide
    Earthquake

560.gif

Lv. 72
    Dragon Claw
    Crunch
    Sludge Bomb
    Hi Jump Kick

620.gif

Lv. 72
    Drain Punch
    Hi Jump Kick
    Bounce
    U-Turn​

Last edited:

TheUltimateFail

The Failure
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2011
    I haven't posted progress on either of my umcs in a while because I lost my save when I got a new computer and today I started over on my fire umc, I completed all the way through the seventh gym so I'll just post my team instead of saying everything that happened so far.

Typlosion(Volcano) lol great name huh?
    Strength
    Quick Attack
    Flame Wheel
    Ember

Growlithe(LilDoggy)Wow I make great names :)
    Bite
    Flame Wheel
    Ember
    umm I forgot my last move lol

Years
  • Normal UMC Update!

Got the tickets, traveled to kanto and beat Lt. surge
    Beat Sabrina
    Got the generator part from the rocket
    Beat Erica
    Beat Janine
    Beat Brock
    Beat Blaine
    Beat Blue
    ... Forgot Misty
    Went back to Cerlean and beat Misty

Got the pass and went to mt. silver. Tried to fight red, but his pikachu killed almost my whole team.. So i decided to grind the to 60, instead of challenging him at 50..

Well, i tried multiple times after i got them all to level 60. Almost everytime, it was Bully against his blastoise at the end and he took it down, but eventually i got REALLY lucky and i had 3 pokemon(including my slave) left, Snubb finishing it with her thunder punches.

I THOUGHT i saved a screen, but i guess i didnt..

My Final Team

Scout/Furret

Level 61 @Focus Band

-Slam
    -Fury Swipes
    -Quick Attack
    -Mud-Slap

Scout was useful for the first half of the game, but when we got to kanto, she started to become more of a filler.. The only time she was good during the red battle was against pikachu, and thats because she could 2 shot it.

Bully/Tauros

Level 64

-Rest
    -Thrash
    -Surf
    -Horn Attack

Bully had to be the MVP in this run. He could one shot almost every enemy while training, and he normally 2 shotted the gym leaders, and 3 shotted reds. Very good at helping me squeeze out of tight spots. One of my favorite pokemon to!

Snubb/Granbull

Level 61

-Ice Punch
    -Thunder Punch
    -Fire Punch
    -Bite

Snubb wasn't all to good in the begging. I had to have all my other pokes help while training her. But in the second half, she started to improve. I'm glad i taught her all of the elemental punches. She needed them.

Moo Moo/Miltank

Level 62 @Amulet Coin

-Rollout
    -Milk Drink
    -Body Slam
    -Stomp

Moo Moo was helpful throughout the whole game. She bulldozed almost anything she was up against. Training her was pretty hard, but it was worth it.

Buck/Stanler

Level 61

-Take Down
    -Confuse Ray
    -Hypnosis
    -Stomp

Buck was looking good in the begging, but he started to get progressively weaker in the game. Even though he was stronger than scout, he was slower and died before i could really do much damage against red. I think the LVP is a tie between Buck and Scout.

Well, thats it for gold! My next game will be.. sapphire.. i think. which ever one has zangoose.

P.S. Sorry to alakazm if i accidentally reported the first post. i tried to click last page, but it went down right before i clicked it.. i think i press back in time or theres a warning, but if i did report it, im sorry. my bad

Years
  • Hey guys, I started a Water Monotype on Sapphire, 5 gyms completed, going to make it an ultimate going on through leaf green->HG/SS->Platinum.

Here's my progress:
    Bob (Gyarados, male, lonely) lvl 32: Bite, Tackle, Leer, Dragon Rage
    Cruella (Tentacruel, female, lax) lvl 33: Bubblebeam, Supersonic, Poison Sting, Acid
    Hombre (Lombre, male, rash) lvl 29: Absorb, Fake Out, Astonish, Nature Power
    Pick-Up 2 (Linoone) lvl 26 (HM slave): Headbutt, Cut, Rock Smash, Strength
    Dodo (Pelipper, female, timid) lvl 31: Water Gun, Protect, Supersonic, Wing Attack
    Mudman (Swampert, male, modest) lvl 36: Surf, Bide, Take Down, Mud Shot

Not very impressive right now, but it's only been 5 badges. I'm going to be grinding before Wallace methinks.

coolmansam123

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2011
    Just an update.
    Beat Bugsy, Whittney, and Morty.
    Working on Chuck right now.
    Current Team: Dragonair (Lv31) Gabite (Lv 29) Bagon (Lv29)

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2013
    (Tried to update and the server died. :( )

Plowed through Rock Tunnel in the dark, and Charmeleon evolved in the process. made the short hop over to Celadon City, and picked up Eevee. :3 Went to the Dept. store, bought 3 Fire Stones, and immediately evolved Eevee. Then I sold off all my extra items and converted them to coins to buy me a Vulpix. Trained a bit, flattened Erika's whole gym, creamed the Rockets. Backtracked to get my Bicycle (I forgot). Went back to Lavender Town and squished my rival. Currently climbing the tower.

Team:
    Odin (Charizard, L38)
    Freya (Flareon, L31)
    Loki (Vulpix, L28)
    Diglett (Cut Slave)

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Well, I got bored today, so I beat Silver with a team of Fires. Well, Typhlosion (Earthquake, Flamethrower, Rollout, magnet boosted Thunderpunch) and Magmar (Charcoal boosted Flamethrower, Strength, Psychic, and Flying Hidden Power)

Years
  • Hello, I am back. Why was i gone? Long story, and this isn't exactly the place to tell it. It involves a combination of a concussion, moving, Yu-Gi-Oh(re discovered it, sooo much fun), and a very bad couple of weeks.
    Anyways, back to my Flying Ultimate Monotype.

I started playing again today. I'm midway through victory road. Dont remember all the details but heres what i remember
    -Candice was fairly hard, took two tries
    -Cyrus in the distortion world was also hard, mainly due to being under leveled, but i beat him thanks to his nack for 4X weaknesses
    -Got lost about 4 times in the distortion world
    -Volkner was easy
    -Leveling up Vespiquen is kinda hard, but the quick claw usually pulls through in a pinch
    -I do not remember this victory road AT ALL
    -Took about an hour to get through
    -Beat rival fairly easily
    -Aaron was easy
    -Bertha was ANNOYING.. the first attempt, EVERYTIME i tried to ko her gliscor, it ice fanged mine and either froze it or flinched it. HAX i say. and the secodn attempt, i lost focus.

im done for the night.
    Current Team:
    Spr_4p_398_m.png

Staraptor (lvl 52)
    -Fly
    -Close Combat
    -Aerial Ace
    -Steel Wing
    Spr_4p_416.png

Vespiquen (lvl 50)
    @Quick Claw
    -Heal Order
    -Defend Order
    -Attack Order
    -Power Gem
    Spr_4p_426.png

Drifblim (lvl 50)
    @Spell Tag
    -Ominous Wind
    -Shadow Ball
    -Baton Pass
    -Thunderbolt
    Spr_4p_472.png

Gliscor (lvl 53)
    @Earth Plate
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Fang
    -Fire Fang
    -Swords Dance

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Update for Ultimate Monotype Challenge.

Pearl Update #4.

Cardwell, I am doing the same monotype as you lol. Why didn't you teach Staraptor Return? 102 base power with STAB, dude!

Anyway, here's my update. It's been a long time coming, I haven't played this for a while (Dec 16, holy cow).
    Started in Iron Island.

Spoiler:
    Next up is Sunnyshore City, Victory Road, and the Elite Four/Champion.

Team Fargo:
    Spr_4d_426.png

Drifter the Brave Drifblim, ♀ - L45 @ Expert Belt
    Ability: Aftermath
    Moves: Shadow Ball, Fly, Thunderbolt, Psychic
    Spr_4d_169.png

Shadow the Adamant Crobat, ♂ - L46
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Moves: Bite, Poison Fang, Confuse Ray, Fly
    Spr_4d_398_f.png

Hawkeye the Hardy Staraptor, ♀ - L46 @ Fist Plate
    Ability: Intimidate
    Moves: Return, Fly, Steel Wing, Close Combat
    Spr_4d_472.png

Claw the Bashful Gliscor, ♂ - L46 @ Soft Sand
    Ability: Hyper Cutter
    Moves: Aerial Ace, Strength, Dig, Swords Dance
    Spr_4d_416.png

Boss the Hardy Vespiquen, ♀ - L46 @ Rock Incense
    Ability: Pressure
    Moves: Power Gem, Attack Order, Defend Order, Heal Order
    Spr_4d_400_f.png

Grunt2 the Impish Bibarel, ♀ - L16
    Ability: Simple
    Moves: Cut, Rock Smash, Rock Climb, Surf

blue

gucci
    Years

• Adventure Log #1
    Vs. Brock

→ Defeated JR. Trainer - Spearow Grew To Level 13!
    → Brock would like to battle, Brock sent out Geodude - Pidgey defeated Geodude with a few quick attacks.
    Brock sent out Onix, ALOT of sand attacks & Quick attacks and Pidgey defeated Onix (with 7 HP to spare, Onix kept using bide so I used Sand Attack)
    → Brock handed over the Boulder Badge & TM34 (Bide)

Badges:

Boulder_Badge.png

Current Team

Flutter/Pidgey - Lv. 16

gby016.gif

~ Quick Attack
    ~ Gust
    ~ Sand Attack

Tails/Spearow - Lv. 13

gby021.gif

~ Peck
    ~ Leer
    ~ Growl

Last edited:

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
    Years
  • So, uh, apparently I forgot to do some major updating as I played through Firered. I could have sworn I'd left an update...ANYWAY, last time on the ground type monochallenge, I was ready to tackle the Pokemon Mansion in Cinnibar. I'm pleased to tell you that I cleared that and the gym with ease before moving on to the short side-quest from Bill. I then went and took down Giovani with his own favourite type of Pokemon, which I had a lot of fun doing. I headed west towards Victory Road, beat my rival, and began to travel through Victory Road. I'm now part of the way through Victory Road with:
    Geo the Graveler, Level 55
    Nido the Nidoking, Level 56
    Ms. Nido the Nidoqueen, Level 60

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
    Years
  • A lot of updating to do:
    Beat Clair via Sunny Daying and Solar Beaming.
    Went through the Victory road and beat Seungri... again.
    Beat all but Karen in the Elite 4, and kept soft resetting,
    Taught Amber Toxic in place of Captivate and Earthquake to Jonghyun in place of Swift to finally get past her.
    Lance kept beating my Pokemon in 2-3 hits and 40 revives came down to 8 in the end.
    Amber, Jonghyun, and Youngbae got inducted into the Hall of Fame.
    Went to Olivine after the credits rolled and was given the Nat. Dex.
    Fought through all the trainers on the ship and found the little girl. Arrived in Vermillion and ran into Eusine and Suicune. Beat Lieutenant Surge and went to Saffron where I beat Sabrina. Caught a Houndour and named her CL.
    Went to Celadon to beat Erika and level up Youngbae and CL via Lucky Egg and Exp. Share.
    CL evolved into Houndoom.
    Went to Cerulean City and went through the 7 trainers past nugget bridge.
    Misty was nowhere to be found.
    Went to the Power Plant to find out about the robbery that renders the Magnet Train useless and went to get the part back.
    Went back to the Cape to find Misty slacking off with a date and made her challenge me at her gym. Sunny Dayed and Solar Beamed my way through her and her lackeys.
    Back tracked to Saffron City to talk to Copycat who lost the doll Red gave her. Got the doll back and met Steven who was looking for Latios.
    Gave the doll in exchange for the Magnet Train Ticket, then went to Goldenrod.
    Flew to the Safari Zone and got placement items. Found a Houndoom with a better nature than CL and caught him. Named him Seo Taiji. Caught 2 Ponytas. Named the boy Kwon and the girl Ga In.

Then... the game froze and wouldn't respond, so now I'm back in Saffron right after I just got the Pass. Will repeat catching Houndoom and Pontya in my next update.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back