• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon Pre-Release 30 Day Challenge #1!

pkmin3033

tumblr_orglg16Zw81r8sc3ro1_500.gif

Welcome to the first US/UM 30 Day Challenge! Whilst we're waiting for news (which will hopefully arrive this month) I thought it'd be fun to do one of these...there will be more in the future in the run-up and in the aftermath of the release of the games. Probably without CSS, because I can't code.

There are no prizes, it's just something fun to do. A lot of the days have been covered extensively in topics across the board, but don't let that stop you from giving in-depth answers...maybe some of your thoughts have even changed by now, or will change over the month as we (hopefully) get news about the games?

If you don't know how it goes by now: come back to this thread every day and post your answer to the day's question in the thread. If you miss a day feel free to include that day's as well, just don't jump ahead~

Questions

1. Your current level of interest in/excitement for the games!
    2. A Pokemon you hope is in the USUM regional dex
    3. A Pokemon you would like to see get an Alola form
    4. Will you play as a boy or a girl?
    5. A character from SM that you hope returns/gets an expanded role
    6. A character from a past gen game you would like to see return
    7. A rumour that you think/hope is false
    8. A Legendary/Mythical Pokemon that you'd like to see in USUM
    9. A Pokemon you would like to see made into a Pokeride
    10. Your initial reaction to USUM's announcement
    11. An item of clothing you would like to see added to the games
    12. Which starter will you choose?
    13. A feature from SM you hope is expanded upon/changed
    14. A Pokemon that you would make into a Totem
    15. Your planned team for your playthrough
    16. A feature from a past game you'd like to see added
    17. A Pokemon that you would like to see get its own Z-Move
    18. A rumour that you think/hope is true
    19. An Alolan Pokemon you'd give a new form in USUM
    20. Would you prefer Gyms, Trials, or a mixture of both?
    21. Your hopes/expectations/ideas for USUM's story
    22. Would you like USUM to be easier or harder than SM?
    23. Your ideal postgame
    24. Your most wanted thing for USUM
    25. Your least wanted thing for USUM
    26. A music track from SM you'd like remixed for USUM
    27. Which version will you buy?
    28. What would you like to see released after USUM?
    29. Your thoughts on the latest news?
    30. One month later...your new current level of interest in/excitement for the games!

Last edited:

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years
  • 1. Your current level of interest in/excitement for the games!

I'm excited for these games but it's not a huge amount. Which I think might be good cause it'll be easier to wait for them to come out.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019

Am very much looking forward to the games, but I would be more pumped if we actually got some news between now and the next week.

Years

Currently a very hyped mood, despite the lack of news. Hopefully new info does get revealed soon.

Years
  • 1. Your current level of interest in/excitement for the games! - Yeah I am pretty hyped for USM, but at the same time my excitement has died down a bit in recent weeks due to the lack of news.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    1. Your current level of interest in/excitement for the games! - It seems like third versions in two games this time, my excitement is not high and the lack of news doesn't help either. I guess I'm interested some what because there might be Johto Alolan forms.

pkmin3033

I'm not really excited at all if I'm honest, but that's just the way I am with most games. Pokemon just isn't good enough as a series to excite me any more.

I'm interested in USUM though, because I don't see how they could possibly be any worse than SM, so I want to see what GF do to prove that either way. We didn't have a second set of games last gen, and historically the second set - be it a third version or pairs - is always substantially better than the first. Hell, Emerald made me like Hoenn, and I enjoyed Unova in B2W2 a lot more. Maybe USUM will make Alola worth visiting?

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    1. Your current level of interest in/excitement for the games! I am feeling the same for it as any new game. Looming forward to it.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years

On a scale of 10, I'd probably say my excitement level is around a 3. S/M were the first main series games that I just didn't care for. And with nothing to go on, can't say I'm thrilled of going back to Alola after we just got there

Last edited:
    Years
  • 1. Your current level of interest in/excitement for the games! None. I'm sure I'll still play them, but for me Sun and Moon are close to being the worst games in the series so I can't get excited at the idea of playing the exact same games with a shiny new coat of paint.

Years
  • 2. A Pokemon you hope is in the USUM regional dex - Really hope Absol is in the USUM regional dex, but I am heavily biased towards it haha.

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
    Years
    7/10

See Luna ^

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years

In a word: Meh. But that'll probably change as we get more details.

I'd like to see Deerling and Sawsbuck come back with all their formes. Perhaps one per island? Please do this Game Freak! :D

pkmin3033

Rotom, maybe? It seemed kinda silly to me that we had a Rotom Pokedex that we couldn't actually use in battle...

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • 2. A Pokemon you hope is in the USUM regional dex

I'll just go with the obvious one and say Bellossom. We get a Hawaii inspired region and this hula-skirt wearing pokemon is nowhere to be found?!

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Alright, this could be fun:

Negative zero, lol. Not that these game look terrible or I hated Sun and Moon (if anything I loved the games) or anything, it's just that I know nothing about the games and since they're probably just third versions, it's hard to get hyped for (not to mention, there are other games coming later this year that I'm wayyyyyyyy more hyped for). This will probably change over time, tho.

The Mudkip line, but if they're catchable in this game it would probably be through Island Scan.

Years
  • 2. A Pokemon you hope is in the USUM regional dex

I had to decide on something random that I still think fits with the region, and I picked the Slugma line. As much as I don't use this Pokemon, I still think it would fit with Wela Volcano Park.

Back