• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Uncross your legs and take your left hand off of your face.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    How do you normally sit while you're on your computer? Do you sit upright at a desk, slouching on a couch, laying on a bed? Do you have favorite positions or sit in weird ways?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm always in my bed when I'm on my laptop, since it takes up like all of my room haha. I usually move around though. I can't stay in the same position for too long, or I get antsy. Sometimes I'll lay on my stomach, sometimes I'll sit up with the laptop in my lap and I'll be Indian style, list goes on. lol

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • I am ALMOST always out in the living room, on the right side of the couch (because that is where the most available plugins are xD) with my legs crossed on the cushion, and the laptop in my lap. Sometimes, though, my legs get uncomfortable so I stretch them out and rest my feet on the table. xD

There are two other normal spots for me on the computer though. Sometimes, I am on my bed, and if that is the case I am either laying down with my laptop on my chest, or I am sitting up with my laptop on my lap.

And if I am at the church with my mom for her job, I am in the back room of the office, laptop on the portable table, sitting in a chair, leaning on the table.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Right now I'm on my bed and it's pretty comfortable. I have my pillows propped up against my headboard and I'm half lying, half-slouching. I shift positions a lot; one moment I'm sitting upright, the next I'm on my side, etc.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I lie down on my bed. It's comfortable. :) I only move around when parts of my body hurts lol. :x

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    We have a desktop computer, and thus far it's remained in my mom's room. It's my computer, but when we moved they just stuck it in here room.. again. I'll move it out once I get enough money to get a second monitor, hook her comp up, and move mine. For now I'm always just sitting at a typical computer desk, and I usually just sit kinda lazily at it, with my head resting on my left hand, and my right hand is almost always resting on the mouse. When I'm watching something my hands rest in my lap, and rarely rest on the keyboard.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • Depending on which computer I'm on my position changes. o3o When I'm on my laptop like I am now, I tend to lay down with my head propped up on a pillow. I'm either laying flat on my back with my laptop on my belly or I have my leggs crossed directly behind the monitor depending on how energetic I'm feeling.

Now, if I'm on my gaming computer I sit leaning back in a recycled rolling office chair. I never cross my legs when I'm gaming, primarily because I tend to game too hard for such a relaxed position. That, and I need my toes to move around. |D Both of them that is.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • When I'm at home, I lie down on my bed on my stomach, with my laptop or iPad in front of me. When I use my dad's computer, or when I use my laptop in school, I sit upright normally.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • I'm sitting pretty much exactly like L right now. lol

In a squatting position, with my toes over the front edge of my chair.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • When I'm on my laptop, I'm always in my chair. I wouldn't call it an armchair, it's more like a one-seater couch lol. I have my laptop on a portable stable table in front of me. Like those ones on the infomercials that were designed for TV dinners. I used to have my laptop sitting on my lap, but then Mum read an article about how the heat lowers sperm count and she wants grandchildren lmao

If she only knew that she's never getting any either way...

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
    Years
  • I always sit with my laptop on a table. I like to have support on my back when I am using my laptop. When my mother finally lets me use my laptop in my room, I would love to lay on my stomach, it sounds so like fun!

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Haha, Shining, my mother said exactly the same.
    When I'm using my laptop I either sit at some kind of table or desk, or I sit with this kind of pillow where I can place my laptop on (dunno if it has a name).
    But due to my laptop is kind of not cooperating with our router, resulting in bad internet connection, I usually use my brothers computer when he's not home, where I of course have to sit at a desk.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    well i try a lot to sit upright when using a computer but usually my back bends a lot while my legs are usually crossed.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Depends on which computer. On one, I'm usually sitting in a chair hunched over the keyboard leaning forward (the chair has a very angled back and is very low in relation to the desk), but for my own, I'm usually in bed since there's no place else for me to use it (and I usually use it at night anyway and fall asleep listening to my MP3's on WinAMP).

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Well, right now I'm basically sitting the way that is described in the title. When I'm at home though I'm either on one of the couches, or on my bed. When I'm on the smaller couch we have I'm usually sitting up right, while on the other couch I'm usually laying on my side or slouching because the extension cord juuuust barely makes it to the couch and thus is the wonly way I could be on my computer while it's plugged in. On my bed I'm in whatever position I feel comfortable in at the time, and I switch it every up every now and then depending on what starts aching and how I feel like laying/sitting.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Since I have a desktop, I'm always in an office-style chair. Mostly I sit with one leg crossed underneath me, with my left hand resting on the keyboard and my right hand on the mouse. The only thing that changes most of the time is the position of my legs, where I stretch them out or put my sat-on leg on the floor.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Wow... this thread just made me realize how awkwardly I'm sitting. Note, this is NOT how I normally sit, but right now I'm on my laptop in the dining room ripping a few CDs and I'm sitting with both of my feet on the chair itself, one's holding my arm up while I'm sitting on the other. Both arms are being used for typing, but one's on my knee and the other is almost normal, cept my undershirt's kinda slipping of my shoulder....

NORMALLY... I sit like a normal person. Both feet on the ground, both arms on the table. XD

Back