• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Uniting Aurora

New2

<--- Your squishy doom.
    Years
    Trevor snagged his bag and weapon, sealed the excuse for a door, then climbed down the ladder to notice that his partner had take off without him. He had only half-listened to his partner's ramble, but he suddenly felt bad about only half-listening. Zasu seemed like the intelligent type. He probably remembered more then he did about yesterday. Even now, he still couldn't quite remember exactly.

Lost in thought, Trevor suddenly snapped back to reality and sprinted toward his partner. He said he was a novice Pokemon Researcher; he probably knows where he is going. Catching up to Zasu, he released Voodoo, the Kojofu. It even seemed that Voodoo wanted to travel in the direction of Crasher. He figured it must be important, so he silently trailed behind Crasher.

The Lord of Smug
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    Zasu kept bounding over the jungle path, Crasher sniffing the way ahead. Then, all of a sudden, Zasu stopped. He had this feeling, the feeling he had all the time. It was a sinking in his stomach that indicated that he had forgotten something. At that moment, a Kojofuu appeared, running at him. Thinking it was a wild pokemon, he commanded Crasher to attack.

This is a Kojofuu, an interesting fighting-type. Very speedy, too. I better attack fast."Crasher! Headbutt!"

Crasher ran and headbutted the Kojofuu. It didn't seem like it was prepared for the attack, but it retaliated. Zasu was about to command another Headbutt, when he heard a ...

"Stop!" He searched for the sound, and it was Trevor, running towards him. Zasu said,
    "Oh my God! I must have forgotten about you! So sorry, I was preoccupied with the mission... Wait, is this your Kojofuu? Ah, I'm sorry for hurting your Kojofuu. Here let me give it a few potions..." After doing so, his stomach started to rumble. "We better look for food now."

New2

<--- Your squishy doom.
    Years
    "You're telling me! I'm so hungry..." he clutched his stomach.

After surveying the area for any signs of food, he said, "Don't even worry about the skirmish our Pokemon had... is Cranidos alright? Voodoo may have Pounded him." Upon seeing a slight little stumble from the Cranidos, he pulled out a potion and sprayed it around the Cranidos' stomach.

"Hey, you're the researcher, are these berries edible?" He pointed to a small, brown tree that grew in the crevice of two larger, entwined trees. He guessed they were Oran berries, but he wasn't sure. He plucked one off the tree and tossed it to his Kojofu. After seeing an approving smile from Voodoo, he opened up his athletic bag and began picking off all of the berries from the tree, shoveling the berries inside his bag Even if I can't eat them, my Pokemon can, he thought.

Parivir

rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    Years
    (OOC: I am very sorry of my extremely late response, something came up this week and I needed to focus on it. That's why I haven't been on for so long. BUT in return I will try to be as active as possible in this roleplay. Once again, I'm sorry! >.<)

When the pair of eyelids opened to reveal the eyes underneath, in that exact moment it closed again. Light. So much light. Joey was not adjusted to light. But he would have to now. He sat up slowly and cupped both his hands onto his head, letting the vague memories one by one flow back into his head. At first it came in pieces, and then it started to materialize.

Aurora...
    That's where I am, isn't it...
    That man yesterday, that room, and those nine figures in the doors...

Joey glanced at the corner and saw a small knife tangled in a Morning Star and three Pokéballs surrounding them. Then his memory was perfected.

Weapons...
    Fight the bad guys...
    Three pokemons? What a tough task.

Joey groaned until he heard steps from the next room. He bolted upright, but then he realized it was his partner. He slowly walked up to the door and grabbed the doorknob. The door opened to reveal a girl who stared back at him with fear in her eyes. He tried to be friendly to her anyways. He forced up a smile and said, in a higher pitch than he would like: "Morning."

The girl continued to stare.

Last edited:

The Lord of Smug
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    "Those are Petaya berries! Very nice berries, they raise Sp. Atk in a pinch. Here, let me have some..." Zasu gave one to Beam. "Give them to a Special Attacker or something..."
    But Zasu wanted human food. He looked around for a bit, and found a tree with plantains. "We can eat these. I hope you like plantains..."
    They ate the plantains.
    "We were supposed to go to this shrine, and guard it, right? Let's keep going in the way our Pokemon showed."
    Zasu picked up his bag, and kept walking. They walked in this fashion, until...

(OOC: Cliffhanger! :D)

New2

<--- Your squishy doom.
    Years
    "Hmm... Petaya berries, huh?" He tossed one into his mouth, gave a little chew, and swallowed it regretfully due to its spicy and bitter taste, both of which Trevor didn't like. Vex would definitely like these more. He released Vex, who began darting around wildly.

"Don't you want some of these delicious berries?" He called out, recalling the disgusting taste the berry had left in his mouth.

He put the remaining berries into his bag, then looked at the plantains. His stomach let out a grumble. He began shoveling the fruit in his mouth, then, after he was satisfied, put the remaining plantains in his bag, but kept one out, and began eating it while they departed toward the shrine. Until...

((OOC: Cliffhanger awaits...))

The Lord of Smug
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    They came out into a small clearing. In the clearing, there were tons of houses made by bamboo... They had stumbled upon a native village! The people looked at them curiously, with their war-painted pokemon at their sides. The pokemon looked ferocious, and they were all evolved. The people did not look friendly. Zasu wondered what to do.

If I walk in and greet them, I might be accepted, or I might be turned into stew. If we just walk away, we might get away safely, or they will pursue us. If we release our pokemon, we will be ready for combat, but they might see that as a challenge, and start attacking with their pokemon. And those pokemon looked strong. Oh, what a dilemma.

As a precaution, he started slowly walking towards the village. Then, the person who appeared to be the chief walked forward, and inquired, "What you doing? We native, need protect our home. Bad people take our villages." He spoke broken English, it seemed. Zasu replied, "We are from the city. We have come to save this jungle from the bad people." They stood silent. It seemed they needed an offering of peace, or so he read in a book somewhere, about the natives of the jungle. He didn't have anything, so he went to Trevor and whispered, "An offering of peace is needed."

MasterLink742

Memento Mori
    Years
    (OOC: Remember, not all of you know where the shrine you are supposed to be guarding is. Also, you need to get the Leader of the region on your side. When you get to either of those, inform me... Oh, and check out the OOC thread. The link is up a few posts...)

With a voice that didn't sound quite right and a smile, the stranger said "morning".

Jen's heart was racing. She was really nervous, and it was probably showing in some way. She looked away. Then looked back, avoiding eye contact. It helped.
    "Uh…" She cleared he throat, "Good m-morning…"
    It was silent for a moment.
    Break the silence... She thought over and over again,
    "Uh… I'm… uh… I'm Jennifer… But you can call me Jen… What's… uh… your name?"
    Before he could answer, Jen stood up, and headed to the fridge.
    Maybe there's something good to eat here…
    She looked around the fridge, and decided on a bagel, and some orange juice.
    "Would... uh… you like anything?" She asked the stranger.

New2

<--- Your squishy doom.
    Years
    Trevor looked on in admiration at all of the bamboo houses, all in this one clearing. He glanced at the people, as well as the Pokemon, fully evolved. He was, however, oblivious to the unfriendly glances at the two. While Zasu carried out a conversation with the chief, Trevor thought, He's probably talking about the region, or housing, or something. Trevor tuned out the rest, and looked on at the natives.

When Zasu came up to him and whispered that an offering of peace was needed, Trevor rummaged through his bag, pushing aside the spiny, pinecone-like Petaya berries and his Pokeballs. He instead searched for the biggest bunch of plantains he could find. After a while, he pulled up a cluster of green-yellow plantains from within his athletic bag. He walked over to the chief and outstretched his fist, holding the top of the plantain group. He smiled a little at the chief, but ducked his head down and presented the plantains.

Parivir

Years
    (OOC: Minor (NOT!) technical difficulties, in the un-edited version of my previous post I mentioned to my character as "Sean." That's the name of a character in another RP I play in, so please excuse me =/ Forthwith he shall be called Joey.)

"Uh...good m-morning..." her voice trailed of. Joey thought to introduce himself, but the girl beat him to it. "Uh… I'm… uh… I'm Jennifer… But you can call me Jen… What's… uh… your name?"

There was a change of expression in her face, and before Joey could say anything she upped away to the fridge in search of food. "Would... uh… you like anything?"

Joey smirked at her. Oh god, I just got a great idea... he thought slyly, but for now he kept it to himself. "Got any Coke in there? Feelin' pretty thirsty at the moment." Meanwhile, he kept thinking of the plan. It should only be executed when the time is right...

(OOC: Don't ask what the plan is, 'cuz I dunno. I just wanna show the other side to Joey rather than the cold insensitive one. =P I'll think of it as I go along tho...)

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
    (OCC: I've been on lock for a while now, but I gotta finish up my English project, so my activity has gone down due to it. Sorry...)

Kobora took out his sword to check it out for a bit before getting his sunglasses. "I'm going on ahead." Kobora said quietly, heading for the door. When he walked out of the apartment, he looked around, then walked down a hallway.

Draginja

Weasel Mascot
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    ((Is fine. We'll get on when we can.))

Kerri hurries after Kobora, turning down the same hall. "Wait! We should stick together! We don't wanna be alone in a place like this..." She looks around nervously, staying a step behind Kobora.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
    "Just because the enemy is close doesn't mean I can't deal with them myself. We don't have to stick together, so I'm going on ahead." Kobora said, keeping an eye out for anything sispisous.

Years
    James opened the hut and thought ''Is this dude in coma' Well anyway this isn't going to get done waiting on this guy. He walked along the water's edge so he could find his way back. After wandering for a while he decided he would stop for lunch. He sat down with the 2 Pokemon and started to eat. He got up and and thought 'how much longer is this going to take.' James started to think about how when he was younger he wanted to explore this area. Well he decided, This is completely different to what I thought it was going to be like. He walked and walked wondering Where is the shrine and who is guarding it.

The night fell and he saw something. Saw something... bright. It looked like what Volbeat and Illumise's patterns looked like. He thought he was going delusional but wandered towards it. The closer he got it formed words. He was quite close and thought he read
    'The shrine is near, you can do it James.' "Wait, what." He said out loud "James? How would they know my name?

(OOC: Cliffhanger :D, I Have an idea in mind)

Last edited:

MasterLink742

Memento Mori
    Years
    "Got any Coke in there? Feelin' pretty thirsty at the moment." The stranger said casually.

Jen looked around the fridge for a moment, and finally saw one at the back of the fridge.
    "Oh… uh… Here's one…" She said, about to toss it to him. She quickly caught herself, realizing the consequences of that. She took her bagel, orange juice, and the stranger's coke to the dining table. She set them down, and went back to get a glass…
    …Which she dropped….
    "Oh my gosh… I'm so sorry…." She said instinctively, and to no one in particular.
    "Let me clean this up…" She went to look for a broom. She found one in between the wall and the fridge and cleaned it up.

I'm so embarrassed She thought as she felt her face turning red.
    She got another glass, filled it with orange juice, and ate her breakfast, red-faced, and quietly…

"I… uh… didn't catch… um… your name… What did you say it was?" She asked once she finished her breakfast, and her face was no longer red.

Draginja

Weasel Mascot
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    "Oh. Okay..." Kerri pauses for a second, then grabs a pokeball. "Go!" She tosses the ball, revealing a purple ghost. "Kana, take a look around. Let me know if you see anything odd."

Parivir

Years
    "I… uh… didn't catch… um… your name… What did you say it was?"

"Oh, right, sorry. I'm Joseph, but feel free to call me Joey. Also, you might not want to look back..."

...and that's exactly what the girl did.

Angel--as mismatched a name that is--the Buneary had shaked the can of coke and let loose the contents while aiming it at Jen's face. Joey pretended to stare down at his plate of toast and murmur to himself while smiling a barely visible smile:

"And this... is life with me."

The Lord of Smug
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    As Trevor gave the plantains to the chief, Zasu became worried. Would local fruits be enough?
    But then the chief smiled and took the plantains."It was wise to not offer riches, and offer food. In village, food and survival more important than treasure and riches. You know what is important. Welcome."
    Zasu was appreciative that Trevor chose the plantains. "Thank you, Trevor."
    Zasu knew that from then, it would be a simple matter to ask where the shrine was.
    He went up to the chief, and respectfully asked, "Your Majesty, we are looking for this shrine, an altar, a special place. Could you tell us where it is?"
    The chief gave a puzzled expression, conversed with his servants in the native language, and finally replied, "We have seen many altars. Which one you speak of?"
    Zasu asked, "We have heard of one with many treasures, and a large village."
    "There is large village, many treasure, long way to go. Will you walk there?" Both Zasu and Trevor nodded. He walked outside. "It is there." He pointed due east. "If you here for guard treasure, I will send warrior for help you."
    He barked, "Natjou!" And a tough-looking lean warrior came forth. He had a war-painted Nidorino at his side. The chief asked him to go with them to the shrine, and defend them.
    "Be careful, there are many tribes in the way, they may not let you pass."

(OOC: I don't know if we are allowed to have NPC characters join our party.)

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
    Kobora's Main Plan

After thinking for a minute, Kobora needed to think of a plan on what he's going to do in the first place. "Well, I currently have no allies, and without a plan, I'll just be aimlessly wandering around. I need to focus on an exact strategy. For now, I'll return to the apartment to plan." Kobora said, returning to the apartment.

"Now, I gotta plan things out well so I can complete both tasks in a short time. Let's see...there's the shrine which is hidden somewhere unknown. There's also the guy in charge of this city, and I have no idea where he might be....but, this guy might know where the shrine is, so I should go find him first." Kobora said, leaving the apartment, and passing Kerri without a word.

Back