• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unpopular Pokemon you love

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • Leavanny. Who cares about all those weaknesses when you have the speed and attack to destroy everything before they can hit you? And anything that learns Leaf blade at reasonable time is guaranteed to be good to some extent.

Honestly I think every non-gimmick mon that aren't well liked can be put here too, I feel that everything is usable to some extent.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2021
    Some less talked about favourites of mine are Walrein, Cacturne, Victreebel, Turtonator and Mandibuzz.
    But the most unpopular Pokémon that I really like would be:

Qwilfish

Qwilfish.gif

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I love Darumaka and Dunsparce.

I think they're adorable, especially Darumaka!

I have two plushies and a small figure of that little dude, but not many people like him.

Saphron

Suit Dragon
    Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2023
    Incineroar is the only Gen VII starter I like. I love him, in fact.

Saint Suplex

And the LORD said: "slam thy enemy to the ground."
    Years
  • I'm super into Lilligant, though it isn't one I see too many people talk about. Though that may be just because I'm not the most active person in Pokemon communities.

Years
  • Ralts. I remember helping Wally catch a Ralts in Pokemon Emerald and I all I could think was "this is such a weird place to catch this lil dude why is it the only place where you can find him??"

Love it's evolutions too - but those are more popular aha

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Pokemon you like but everyone hates

What are some pokemon that you like but everyone else hates?

For me, I like Torracat, Prinplup, Lopunny, Slowking, Miltank, and Entei

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • didn't see it mentioned...

I love cats that means that....
    I love Purrbeauty (Purugly normal mean name) that very large, over weigh feline, reminds me of one of my cats, I know it gets so much hate from many
    used it many times before

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I guess Flygon? I mean, it hasn't gotten much love since Drew had one or since Jirachi Wishmaker. There's hardly any fan art on this Pokemon as well. I love it so much regardless... I fell in love with it after Jirachi Wishmaker. I even have an old plushie of it as well that I got for the promotional reasons during the Jirachi Wishmaker movie.

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!
    Years
    • Age 24
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    Zangoose: Barely ever see this Pokémon on people's favourites or teams in general. Highly underrated and tends to be overlooked. I remember seeing this guy for the first time in Sapphire but at that time I didn't know about version exclusives and couldn't understand why I couldn't catch one :,D

Incineroar: It has appeared a few times here but after all the hate it got for being on 2 legs instead of 4 it is still probably pretty unpopular. But for me personally it ended up beating Blaziken as my number 1 favourite starter.

Druddigon: Never realised how many people disliked this Pokémon, but I honestly think it looks super cool. There is no way Goodra looks more like a dragon than this guy does.

Most Dark type Pokémon: Besides some of the popular ones, I really see a lack of love for dark types. Are Pokémon like Krookodile, Honchkrow, Malamar and Crawdaunt on anyone's favourite list?

siavash82ir

Banned
    Years
  • I have always been a fan of Stantler. Not too unpopular but easily forgotten/ignored.

If you'd like a more hot take, I'm quite a fan of Trubbish and Garbodor. Their designs have always appealed to me for some reason.

Last edited:

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
    Years
  • I love Purrbeauty (Purugly normal mean name) that very large, over weigh feline, reminds me of one of my cats, I know it gets so much hate from many
    Purugly is amazing. :pink_smile: I remember once looking for a hidden ability Glameow since I would've liked to have a Purugly with a hidden ability.

I also like Dunsparce a lot, I love its sleepy look and the drill tail. I wonder if it'll ever get an evolution, though its design is great either way.

Back