• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

unruly behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    'sup. So, I'll get right to it! I'm a guy living in England, born in Ireland, 19 years old, studying medical biochemistry at university. I'm pretty cool with talking about just about anything but my real interests include music, sport, PC and science-y things! As well as alcohol and going out and whatnot but I don't know how much PC has to say on that. But, I guess we'll find out!

A bit more about me... hm. I like to think I'm a social and chatty kinda person. Usually very warm at first but I also take longer than most people to get warm...er than that, I suppose.Please don't be afraid to ask questions that might seem awkward or whatever; I'll do my best to answer them, and I'm sure it'll feel great when I do. Plus I imagine not many of you know me very well at all, so it'll help sort that out!

Uh... yeah, that'll do for now. I know this is kinda short but I have a lot to say to people asking interesting questions, so fire away! I'm looking forward to this.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Hey buddy. ;D I have a question for you, do you ever reflect back on your quick rise to super-mod and ever go "wow" or anything like that? Cause personally, I find it amazing how you joined only about 2 years ago and have already made it to the orange and bold. You totally deserve it, for the record!

Also, what do you consider to be your biggest vice?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    You're very laid-back and cute, so I want to ask: has anyone roughed you up before? Have you ever lost your cool? Can be offline or online.

Nihilego

Years
    I have a question for you, do you ever reflect back on your quick rise to super-mod and ever go "wow" or anything like that? Cause personally, I find it amazing how you joined only about 2 years ago and have already made it to the orange and bold. You totally deserve it, for the record!

Heh, thanks. To answer the question - yeah, I do. But it's not me going "wow" in a "wow I'm so good at this" way; that'd make me seem really up myself, haha. It's rather a "wow" of amazement that I actually ended up as higher staff at all, let alone after two years. Given that I joined here just to post occasionally in what's now Chit Chat & Polls along with the Shiny Hunters' Club I guess I do find it kinda amazing that I, of all people, ended up here. Again though, in a kinda "me... really?" way rather than a "damn I'm impressive" way. It's just all sorta hard to believe that I ended up picked, really. I'd never have imagined for a minute that I'd be up for the job.

Also, what do you consider to be your biggest vice?

Assuming I'm understanding what you mean properly, you're asking what I do a lot that's kinda bad is? I guess it's probably that I tend to sleep around a bit, I guess. I'm nowhere near as bad as some people are but it makes me feel kinda dirty all the same. I guess just somewhere at the back of my mind there's a little "you know you shouldn't be doing this" voice poking at me sometimes. But that's not enough to stop it, haha. ;]

You're very laid-back and cute, so I want to ask: has anyone roughed you up before? Have you ever lost your cool? Can be offline or online.

Yeah, I've been roughed up a good number of times before, although it's only recently that I've started actually fighting back rather than trying to get away from it. That said, though, I don't really deal with physical violence very much any more. I've been in like... one or two fights in the last couple of years? Really not that big a deal and I'd not say I tend to get in fights now at all.

As for losing my cool, if someone starts really giving out to me then I'm pretty good at biting my tongue until I've calmed down a bit and can actually say something back to them. I know I'd be able to say some really hurtful stuff if I let myself do it in a moment like that and I'd regret it later on. So, no, I have the potential to lose my cool but I make sure that I don't to avoid regrets later on.

Nihilego

Years
    Are you interested in Astronomy, by any chance? o:

Not specifically. I'm cool learning more about space and whatnot, but it's not something I go out of my way to study, and not something I'm hugely inclined to learn more about. As far as sciences go my interest is much more with the biological, particularly cellular and molecular, and chemical sciences.

Her

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    How often do you get drunk?
    How many times do you think you've thrown up at a party?
    What height would you ideally be?

Nihilego

Years
    What is your stance on human cloning, and do you think that, even given possible ethical issues, that it'd be something humanity should at least try out someday?

In the future, and this is strictly from a 'professional' point of view, the sociological side of cloning really isn't my problem and I shouldn't have an opinion on it. Some day my work could be in stuff like cloning and even if it isn't, at such a time, I'd have to appear to only be interested in the science behind it regardless of if I think it's ethically correct or not. In the same way I 'professionally' shouldn't have an opinion on things like genetic engineering or test animals. All I should care about is how it works and what it can do for science and all that.

...however, we all know that's rubbish and that we do all have opinions on that. Personally, I hate the idea of human cloning beyond for the sake of seeing if it'll work - and honestly, we already know that one day it will work. Like it or not, one day it'll be done somewhere that it's legal and the world will implode etc. But I just feel like cloning opens up so many really awkward situations and possibilities and I absolutely don't want that happening. I can see how we'd benefit from cloning; neuroscience would make absolute leaps and bounds from being able to see if a cloned brain behaves in the same way as its source, but I think that's stuff we're just gonna have to figure out another way. Which is truly a shame but we really can't go allowing clones, presumably other people who live and think just like we do, to be test subjects. It seems really inhumane. And beyond that I don't think we'd be able to use human clones for very much in science that we can't do with what we already have and I don't like the idea of it serving the purpose of 'bringing someone back' or whatever. While I do feel truly sorry for people who, say, lose babies and whatnot which cloning could bring back, I just don't think it'll ever be morally stable and controlled enough to be used in exactly the 'right' situations (situations which I, personally, don't believe exist) all the time and for a majority of people to be satisfied.

All of the above only applies to human clones, of course. I think we can learn a lot from cloning animals and I think we should do that with any animal which we'd use as a test animal anyway. Talking rats, rabbits, etc. here. I could also talk about the use of animal cloning in extinction but I'd rather not right now. d:

I just wanted to ask, what is something that you just can't stand being around? (either scared of or find really annoying)

Hm. As far as stuff I'm afraid of goes, 100000000% spiders. They're probably my greatest fear and literally any spider'll have me backing off very quickly and hiding somewhere, calling the nearest person to come get rid of it for me. If I can still speak at this stage, that is! I'll very rarely even go into spaces where spiders could hypothetically live or places where I've seen spiders before. Stuff like sheds, under tables, tree houses, garages, etc. I'll almost always have someone check the place out before I go into them. I probably sound like a right wuss right now but jayyyyyysus they terrify me.

As for stuff I find annoying... hm. There are a lot of traits which people can have that I find really irritating but I can at least stand to be around. I really can't think of that much which'd make me just get up and go if someone was to do it but I guess if it was anything, it'd be really unnecessary and excessive negativity about oneself. A while back someone I live in close proximity to played the whole "I can't get a girlfriend I'm so lonely my life's not even worth living blah" card and omfg I came so close to just ruining him then. People who take things and blow them out of proportion into a huge bomb of self-loathing and pitying really, really bug me. Only when they're doing that, though. I'm usually okay with them otherwise.

Why don't you want people to know your first name?

Haha, honestly, these days I don't even know. A fair while back I was very awkward about a lot of the memberbase knowing my first name. I guess it felt weird if people I'd never even met before, or at least didn't know very well, were talking about me using my first name when I had no idea about them at all. Now, probably given my position on the forum, I expect that a bit more and I'd probably be alright with everyone knowing it but I've become used to not telling people and it just kinda stuck, I guess. It's really a case of old habits die hard + a little bit of that previous excessive privacy doing it now.

What is your favorite part about PC and why?

Probably the fact that PokéCommunity is, well, a very real community. I love that I always come online and see people I know posting and talking to other people I know without the place being limited to just a few regulars. Despite how massive and diverse this forum is, it really feels like everyone fits into it and is able to be welcomed and known here. I think that's really great.

How often do you get drunk?

Usually four or five times a week, assuming you don't count very slightly tipsy as 'drunk' or anything like that. Usually I don't get very drunk, though!

How many times do you think you've thrown up at a party?

Haha, I've lost count now. But don't take that the wrong way - I've just gone to my fair few and never really bothered keeping count of how many times I threw up. Honestly, I generally hold my drink better than most people so my party:vomit ratio (lol...) is probably much better than average. If I throw up at all, it's probably when I'm fighting off the next morning's hangover.

What height would you ideally be?

Probably 5'10"-11". That seems pretty average and I'd not like to be unusually tall or short if I had the choice.

Nihilego

Years
    I'm surprised nobody asked this yet! What is your favorite drink?

I have several tied favourites depending on situation. My overall favourite would be Guinness but that's really expensive, it's rare that you get a proper pint of it over here, and it's not something you drink on a night out, which is where much of my drinking goes on. Out I'd usually go for Jagerbombs or Black Sambuca shots. Southern Comfort is also nice but once again, reallllly expensive. Failing either of those Vodbulls or Vodka and Coke work but I don't much like either next to the other options.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Which forum, aside from D&D, do you enjoy the most on PC?

What do you look for the most in a potential moderator?

I don't know why, but it seems like you struggle with being Irish living in England, and it sometimes confuses me on what to think of you as. Would you rather live in Ireland? And that in mind, what is your accent?

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    Hi Harry ^_^

I know from our PC Radio sessions that your music taste is pretty eclectic (but fantastic), but what would you consider your favorite artist and why?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    do the people around your area tuck their tracksuit bottoms into their socks and look like hell as well??

also how is your relationship going with that girl sorry idr her name :(( was it becky or something??
    unruly behaviour.

Nihilego

Years
    Which forum, aside from D&D, do you enjoy the most on PC?

Bleh, I've actually been awful at replying to threads in there lately and I feel reallllly bad about that, haha. Anyway - my favourite forum would be either this one or HQ. This forum's taken off brilliantly and I think that's great because it's full of interesting people talking about interesting things. And I like that! I like being interested in people and I like people getting to know me (kinda), so it's smiles all round! As for HQ, I guess it's more straightforward. Despite there being occasional drama, losing votes, etc., I love being able to directly help out with almost any decisions effecting the entire community. Plus it's ingrained in me, as ex-D&D mod, to like debating things with people. d:

What do you look for the most in a potential moderator?

Oh God, how long have you got, haha. I look at a good number of things when considering someone for a mod position; activity in heirt specific forum, post quality, how friendly they seem, general attitude, how wide a range of sections they post in, etc. But the main thing that I really look for is evidence that they've shown some sort of initiative within the section where they're being considered or, failing that, elsewhere. I'll happily vote for a less active member who brings a lot to their section aside from posts without being prompted to over a member with far more activity who just goes with the flow. Initiative, for me, sits right at the heart of what makes a great moderator and a member who shows that right off the bat is a very strong candidate in my view.

I don't know why, but it seems like you struggle with being Irish living in England, and it sometimes confuses me on what to think of you as. Would you rather live in Ireland? And that in mind, what is your accent?

Heh, I do struggle with that quite a lot. For reference I much much much prefer to be thought of as Irish, despite how long I've lived here for. And as far as the whole where to live thing goes... if I could essentially copy/paste my life over to Ireland I totally would but as it stands, I've too much going on here in England. Right now I'd be pretty much content with going back there just to visit for a short while but that's not actually possible at the moment; in the future, idk, I guess I'd like to go back to live there again. I've always felt more attached to Ireland than England, definitely. But it's all about logistics and money and blahblahblah. Only time - and a lot of it - will tell, I guess!

As for my accent, it's weird. The English call it Irish and the Irish call it English. I guess it'd be sensible to just say that it's fairly English but quite often I'll say things which come out reallllllly Irish and I use a number of Irishisms (that's a word now) which I've picked up from family and whatnot. Give me alcohol though and I am magically full Irish with my accent. B)

I know from our PC Radio sessions that your music taste is pretty eclectic (but fantastic), but what would you consider your favorite artist and why?

I've spent a long time thinking about this and a few weeks back I actually came up with an answer. ...then I thought about it again and came up with a different one. I guess it's fair to say that I don't have a favourite artist that really sticks, but rather I change my favourite artist just depending on what I feel I'm into at the time. So honestly, my answer to this question changes like the weather. And in England, that's a helluvalot. d:

Would you ever consider being cryogenically frozen if you die? And what do you personally think of this concept? Do you feel that, at some point in time, that we'll be able to bring someone from the deep past back by freezing their body?

I'm not gonna pretend to know about if cryogenics can be used to preserve life or not. I know some organisms are able to survive at incredibly low temperatures such as tardigrades, which can sit just above 0K and survive that, and those animals may have a chance but as it stands I don't get how it'd work in humans. But that's literally because I've never looked into it and to me the actual biology behind a frozen human seems like it could never work. Maybe it theoretically could, idk, but I'm not able to give you an answer. Sorry about that!

As for the concept of it, I like it a lot more than cloning. At first I felt like we should just let nature do its thing but we... already stop that with medicine itself, so go ahead, I guess. Of course I don't think it'd ever be feasible but if in some magical and imaginary world it was to be made feasible, I guess I'm okay with that. I'd not like it for me, though. I don't really wanna live longer than my time. Call me weird for that if you want to. d:

Why don't you understand that Magical Leaf is the superior move?

I'm in denial and like to pretend that the franchise ended after the second generation. 8)

What was your IRL reaction to being asked to become a super moderator?

I was never actually asked, per se; I was just thrown into a (weirdly convincing against others that I've seen) higher staff multiconvo, we were chatting along, then I loaded PC and had like 8x my normal number of reports out of nowhere which confused the hell out of me. So I guess that'd be my reaction! I was just sat there staring at my computer screen like "..........okay wut just happened" followed by excessive babbling, much to the others' amusement. I didn't scream or run around in excitement or anything like that but I remember having those "oh my god has this really just happened" butterflies in my stomach and yeah, just sat here confused haha. To anyone watching at me I probably looked like I'd just received some terrible news that I'd not come to terms with or something like that.

do the people around your area tuck their tracksuit bottoms into their socks and look like hell as well??

we don't acknowledge those. But actually, not as much as I thought. My area of Manchester is so heavily populated by students and adults that you don't see too many people like that. It's actually way nicer than I ever imagined as far as the people go. Based totally off appearances, anyway!

also how is your relationship going with that girl sorry idr her name :(( was it becky or something??

Ahaha, yeah, it's Becky. We actually broke up a couple of months back but we're still on decent terms I guess so that's nice. It was definitely fun while it lasted!

Ace.

Love Yourself
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2015
    HELLO RAZOR :]
    - what do you think of my caps greetings? :3
    - which do you prefer: Mod or Smod and why?

Nihilego

Years
    - what do you think of my caps greetings? :3

I mix them up with everyone else haha, especially when people's server names change like every 10 seconds most of the time I have no clue who greeted me. d:

- which do you prefer: Mod or Smod and why?

This'll sound dumb, but what do you mean? Looks-wise or position-wise? I'll answer both anyway - looks-wise I don't care at all because they're both bold and one's just brighter than the other.

Position-wise, I usually prefer being a smod, although not always. Quite a lot of tough decisions have to be made, a lot of the time something you really want/don't want to happen, doesn't happen/happens and even though you're in a position to help stop that you were ultimately unable to, sometimes people fall out and you end up dramaing everywhere (although I guess that's also true of being a mod, haha), etc. While I've not really thought it just yet, I know there'll be times down the line where I'm thinking "God, I wish I didn't have to deal with HQ right now" or something to that nature. However overall I think it's more rewarding, definitely. I'd not say it's easier or something that lifts some responsibilities, but it's a good feeling when something you wanted and argued well for goes through. Also promoting people is fun and I don't think anything I do on PC makes me more excited than that. d:

Ace.

Love Yourself
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2015
    Yeah shouldn't have had used the colors lmao. Can you play any instruments?

Nihilego

Years
    Can you play any instruments?

I've been playing the guitar since I got given an old one from a charity shop on my 7th birthday. In hindsight, it was awful, but I really loved it all the same. So that's 11, nearly 12 years now, which is pretty cool! I've taught it before and worked in a guitar shop for a few years (although that's stopped now that I've moved away to uni) so it's more or less paid itself off, which is really great! Certainly glad that I started. I can also play piano sort of well-ish I guess? Although I only did that for a couple of years because I felt like I should, more than anything else; long story short, and without my knowing, my school at the time got bloody Oxford involved and they said I could be in on one of their music courses if I could show at least some skill on the piano given how long I'd been at guitar for. In the end though I turned that down anyway and kinda stopped playing there. A bit of a shame, really; I'd have liked to keep it up.

/unwanted information 8D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back