• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: [UPDATED] 7 New Pokémon Leaked For Pokémon Sun & Moon

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    [UPDATED] 7 New Pokémon Leaked For Pokémon Sun & Moon

Apparently, Tapu Koko is revealed to be genderless. Given its guardian status I am highly assuming it'll be a Legendary Pokemon since legendaries are usually genderless.

The official Pokemon website doesn't have it listed under legendary though. It's under the other section with all of the other regular Pokemon.

Seems pretty mysterious.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    It is interesting with new pokemon having distinct teeth designs (Yungoos and Bruxish) Also, Grubbin's line has interesting mouth details. There are also two with strong jaw in the new set's abilities. I wonder what types of attacks are going to come about to add to ice fang and such.

Tapu koko's look is absolutely what I would hope for in a Hawaiian legendary... tribal warrior meets electric event dancer

To be honest though... I am shocked we have released more electric types than water in a region of islands

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    The official Pokemon website doesn't have it listed under legendary though. It's under the other section with all of the other regular Pokemon.

Seems pretty mysterious.
    I don't think Zygarde is listed under the legendaries either, so I think it's just a mistake.

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
    Didn't like most of these at first, but now Vikavolt and Drampa have knid of grown on me.

Still think Bruxish is ugly and wierd but somehow how still somewhat awesomish?

PandiRocks@17

The Mighty Hacker
    Years
    I think it's kinda weird that we have the first 2-word named Pokemon TAPU KOKO. I hope its just a tentative name. XD

My favorite is Togedemaru, and again, I'm having probs with the names, like, it sounds Japanese. I know some of the previous Pokemon have Japanese names but not as obvious as Togedemaru's. Maybe they should have used a Hawaiian word and mix it up with steel/electricity? That's just my opinion. Kay! =D

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Same, while I hope that the rest of the island guardians look like the one revealed, Drampa and Bruxish look like guardians to me.

Funny enough Bruxish has the typing I expect the third legendary to Solgaleo and Lunala to be.

Drampa does look like a guardian. I can see there being a town that sees the Pokemon as a protector despite being a normal Pokemon.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
    Honestly Charjabug is my favorite out of the seven.

It's a bug.

And it's a charger.

It's also cube-shaped.

Perfect Pokémon.

Years

Seems pretty mysterious.

I think they might be keeping its supposed legendary status a secret, because I think we had some legendaries that were at first not hinted to be legendaries.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I don't think Zygarde is listed under the legendaries either, so I think it's just a mistake.

That could just be because it's from 6th gen. So it's not being considered under "New legendaries for the Alola region". I could see why it would just be placed in "other".

Years
    • PA
    • Seen Sep 5, 2016
    Thoughts on the New Pokemon Reveals?

Hey guys! As you all know new Pokemon have been revealed for Pokemon sun and Moon! First off we finally have Grubbin's evolution line which I think looks amazing. I'm soo glad they gave Vikavolt levitate as an ability it works perfectly for his typing giving him a much needed resistance to ground type moves. Next we have the guardian of melemele island Tapa koko. I'm loving his typing of Fairy/electric. It also looks like he'll be able to change forms? I'm hoping this is true because I'm a HUGE fan of Pokemon with form changes. Next we have a new member of the Pikachu family, Togedemaru, who is slowly growing on me LOL, and many more. Lots of new information have been shared an I want to hear you thoughts! Comment below what you think of these new Pokemon. Also whats your take on Bruxish? Do you think her design looks stupid or is it just another weird product of nature? I've been hearing a lot of debates on the subject.

Official English trailer: https://goo.gl/U71bmx
    More Detailed info on Pokemon and the Region: https://goo.gl/UYB5yw

Discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC2xw1SGs4s

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
    I got so excited when I heard about the new pokemon that were revealed.

I really loved Grubbin's evolution line. Its first evolution is super adorable and I loved that battery concept :) About its last evolution stage..... I LOVED IT. Vikavolt looks so BADASS. Its design is awesome with those pincers or whatever that is, and I really liked its typing. Usually I'm not a fan of Bug-Type Pokémon, but I promise u, he will be on my team!

Tapu Koko looks awesome too. I loved its design. Those "shield looking things" on its hands, when together, form what looks like to be a head of a totem. It really looks hawaiian, so I think it matches its region perfectly. About its typing, I really can't see any fairy caracteristic in it, but I think Game Freak needs to create more fairy-types, so there's no problem. Many people think he is a legendary Pokémon, I don't know .... maybe?? Let's wait and see ^^

Togedemaru looks super cute, it's like the Dedenne of the Alola Region. I don't know if it's going to have an evolution. A part of me wants it to have one, but the other part of me doesn't want to ruin its cuteness :3 But yeah, I really liked Togedemaru.

Cutiefly is a mystery to me. It's super cute, but I really don't know if it's going to have a cool evolution line, or if it's going to be like the Klefki of the region, like someone in this forum said (sry i don't remember your name :c).

About the new Dragon-type Pokémon, Drampa, I think its name fits it perfecty ( Dragon + Grandpa), he is the Grandpa of the Dragon Pokémon ahah :P . It's design it's a little weird though. At first I didn't like it that much, but he is slowly growing on me!

Now ... about Bruxish... I don't even know what to say. I guess it looks hawaiian as well (all look a little bit hawaiin, but that's obvious, the region is based on Hawaii after all), but I'm not a fan of its design. I usually love all water-type Pokémon, but this one just doesn't match me ... I don't know if it's because of its eyes, or because of its mouth .... It just creeps me out ... But maybe with time, I'll start liking this Pokémon...

Anyway, I think all Pokémon revealed so far look absolutely great. I'm looking forward to see new information regarding new Pokémon, etc.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Tapu koko looks freaking amazing! It moves so rythymitaccly (ROFL can't spell) and looks fast + strong. I always like signature moves/abilities too :) It's ability will be really interesting, not sure how useful it will be though. It's move looks OP. Overall, it's design is pretty good, 10x better then I imagened lol.

Charjabug looks amazing, yes it is my 6th favorite but it's awesome. It's a cube! Cube!!!

Vikavolt looks pretty cool.

Bruxish is ugly as heck, but that's not bad, some pokemon have to be ugly. Imagine if we didn't have muk ;_;

Cutiefly is really cute. enough said.

Togedemaru is sorta cute.

Drampa is just rofl lol.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Can I just say it's hilarious how 4chan leaked this and Joe wouldn't acknowledge it at all. Because they post the image of his tweet where he says that if it's from 4chan it's fake.

That said, love these designs. Tapu Kau, drampa, and grubbin's line are cool. The others have a lot of potential so I wonder what they will do with them. New abilities are cool to see as well.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Spoiler:

Pokenchi actually shown some gameplay footage including Kukui having his own Rockruff. I love the smaller details like these, it really gives the characters extra depth.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Can I just say it's hilarious how 4chan leaked this and Joe wouldn't acknowledge it at all. Because they post the image of his tweet where he says that if it's from 4chan it's fake.

That said, love these designs. Tapu Kau, drampa, and grubbin's line are cool. The others have a lot of potential so I wonder what they will do with them. New abilities are cool to see as well.
    I heard that the leaks didn't come from 4 Chan, just that they were the first to really appropriate them. Either way they trolled Joe...

I wonder how common these Pokémon will be (apart from Tapu Koko which is all but confirmed to be a unique Pokémon).

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I heard that the leaks didn't come from 4 Chan, just that they were the first to really appropriate them. Either way they trolled Joe...

I wonder how common these Pokémon will be (apart from Tapu Koko which is all but confirmed to be a unique Pokémon).

From what I've seen, someone on 4chan seemed to be first. They kept uploading to a mysterious imgurr and posting the embedded pic from there. But who knows. A common pharse they have used is meme magic. It's where their memes have changed pokemon. So far they are 3 for 3:

Memed the "leaked" grass owl, then we got an owl for the grass starter

They made the rottom elevator pic a meme, now rottom has a new form.

And then they memed Joe Merrick's statements to be true.

It's pretty funny and ironic.

As for commoness.

The bee and grubbin could be in the first forest.

Maybe Drampa is early on but I don't see the first cave given us a dragon.

Iwanko could be in the cave or first route or to.

Nekkrola could be in the forest to.

I think they will try to keep the future info focused on early stuff so that we go in with more surprises then XY.

Next Batch I suspect will focus on the evil team with one new pokemon, hence our large info dump this month.

Kind of hoping we get Tapu's friends to though. It be neat to see the guardians be elite 4 or gym leaders, or maybe even have one of them be evil. I really look forward to what they will do.

Back