• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

User feedback and questions.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Spur of the moment thinking, but I'm aware that people in the Staff Feedback thread have been asking for staff bios and the like.

I don't mean to put the staff on a pedestal or anything, nor do I know if this idea is original, but perhaps when the real thing happens, we can have a subsection dedicated purely to the moderators? There wouldn't be anything unique about our threads, it'd just be seperate from the rest of the members' threads. Thoughts?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I think putting staff in a separate area will create a gap. Or widen what already is, anyway.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I mean, the current idea (one section with everyone) is not a bad idea at all, it's a good one. It's simply that I was aware that people wanted to learn more about the staff, and while bios are good and all, these AMA threads could work just as well, if not better. That being said, perhaps it is a bit unnecessary for segregation to happen. If a member's curious about a staff member, they'd just post in the thread, the separate section is completely unnecessary. I only pitched it as a possibility.

Again, personally, I don't care. As long as I can answer questions, I'm content. =D

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I see where you're coming from, Dipu. In fact, I think that, once these threads are out to all members anyway, that having them as well as a bio thread for staff members will be redundant. These threads are honestly a better way to get to know staff members rather than a bio thread or blog. Besides, we have about me sections on our profiles. It's not hard to say, "Hm, this staff member looks interesting" and click on their profile and just read the bio, provided they have one. And if they don't, there are these threads. A staff bio thread seems unnecessary with these other two things.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    Just to add onto the agreement of this, staff members are just that -- members first. Sure, they have fancy bolded names and more responsibility, but they are still members of the community. Isolating them out just doesn't make sense when they are part of the community, especially when it seems like that you guys are focused on trying to take away the intimidation some members feel when it comes to approaching staff.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I some ideas that I think would be really useful for this section, particularly for users new to the section.

We should have a sticky thread that indexes all the members who have threads approved here. Such thread would be useful and people could just search the index thread for the member they want to post to. When a mod approves the thread, they also edit this list and update the waiting list for members who may be on modQ so that everyone gets a fair chance at a successful thread. This thread would also be the perfect place for the mods to prominently feature categories like "New threads", "Quality Threads" and other such things and pick out select threads.

Another good idea would be to have another sticky thread like this one where newcomers can post and ask things like "Is my account old enough to post a thread here?", or for older members to be able to post things like "I'm back/away for/from a significant leave, would you close/open my thread?"

droomph

weeb
    Years
    I like those ideas :)
    Another good idea would be to have another sticky thread like this one where newcomers can post and ask things like "Is my account old enough to post a thread here?", or for older members to be able to post things like "I'm back/away for/from a significant leave, would you close/open my thread?"

but okay with this you should just ask the mods through a vm or something, that would be better honestly.

To make it easier on those of us who don't want to go through searching (like myself) can you perhaps explain what the idea was? I really don't remember. .___.

okey what she said was to make a thread where the staff could have all the bios of the staff members listed up, but with the whole "go to the profile" thing works better tbh

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I agree with droomph. It'd be simpler to ask a hstaff member. And even if they ask a mod, who wouldn't be able to lock/reopen a thread outside their forum, they could just let an smod or someone know and it'd be no biggie. I don't like the idea of a thread just for that cluttering the forum though. But I do agree with being able to have it locked/reopened for leaves and such.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I like the idea of a sticky index thread cause they definitely makes finding other threads easier cause you wouldn't have to search through pages of threads to find yours or to find another user's thread.

Also I thought I to mention that I feel allowing the OP or other users to revive thread works best for threads like this since these thread aren't supposed to be short-lived in the first place and if taken care of properly, will last long.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    We should have a sticky thread that indexes all the members who have threads approved here. Such thread would be useful and people could just search the index thread for the member they want to post to. When a mod approves the thread, they also edit this list and update the waiting list for members who may be on modQ so that everyone gets a fair chance at a successful thread. This thread would also be the perfect place for the mods to prominently feature categories like "New threads", "Quality Threads" and other such things and pick out select threads.

I think using the search bar would be just as easy. You could just search for a thread started by that person.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'm all for:

- No revival rule from thread creator only. After a month has passed only the thread creator can revive it (especially if it's piling up with questions and the thread creator has no interest in replying).
    - One thread per person.
    - Members designated to go through and reply to older threads when the thread creator was last posted (up to around a month ago). These members would nominate themselves to be a part of this, but their job would be to come up with differing questions for members who haven't had any replies in a month, and were last posters, so nobody's forgotten. If they weren't last poster then their thread remains as it is so it's not unnecessary bumping.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm all for:

- No revival rule from thread creator only. After a month has passed only the thread creator can revive it (especially if it's piling up with questions and the thread creator has no interest in replying).

This I also give wholehearted support for.

Treecko

Years
    I think using the search bar would be just as easy. You could just search for a thread started by that person.

Well as I mentioned earlier, with the number of pages this forum could get, searching for thread would take a bit longer than having a stickied index of all the threads in one.

I'm all for:

- One thread per person.
    - Members designated to go through and reply to older threads when the thread creator was last posted (up to around a month ago). These members would nominate themselves to be a part of this, but their job would be to come up with differing questions for members who haven't had any replies in a month, and were last posters, so nobody's forgotten. If they weren't last poster then their thread remains as it is so it's not unnecessary bumping.

If the last one were to become implemented, then I'd gladly sign up to be of of those users. Asking questions on this thread is really fun to me.

Also for the revival rule as well.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Done.

Not going to do this one because
    a. Too many stickies.
    b. Threads aren't going to be closed.
    c. Anyone can make a thread.

I'm all for:

- One thread per person.
    - Agreed
    - Agreed
    - I don't like that because I'd rather, if a thread creator wants questions to be asked, then they can just bump their thread themselves after it's been a month, assuming they were the last person to post.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    We're just testing out different ways to handle new threads now that we've got a substantial amount for now, but assuming this section goes public and a moderator is promoted, it'd be under their jurisdiction on how to handle it and they'd be the ones to do that.

Reactions: Her

Treecko

Years
    Hey question; I wanted to change the title of my thread, but when I hit "Save Changes" it didn't change it. Instead it went back to my original title. Was that supposed to happen? Are we not gonna be allowed to change the title of our threads?

Back