• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

User feedback and questions.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
  • I'm considering to remake my AMA thread, and the rules says that I have to make 25 posts across this section to create one. Are the posts that I made in my first AMA thread are counted or not?

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm considering to remake my AMA thread, and the rules says that I have to make 25 posts across this section to create one. Are the posts that I made in my first AMA thread are counted or not?

When I remade my thread (just gonna plug it right here, thank you), I just made it like a normal thread and waited for mod approval. Asking for the previous thread to be closed, naturally. I certainly had not made 25 posts in the section beforehand.
    Besides, you already have an AMA, I'd be puzzled if you weren't allowed to remake it immediately.

Years
  • A little belated but yeah, posts made in your own AMAs before the 25 post requirement was put into place count towards the limit. And you're more than welcome to submit a new AMA if you no longer want to keep your old one open, I always check before approving and would close the older one in favor of the new thread anyway. :)

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    perhaps not the same people flooding the same threads constantly would be helpful as well

srinator

yeah what if some guy is doing a survey as to how everyone can describe themselves in three words, you can't stop freedom man!

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
  • I have made a grand total of less than 20 posts in this forum. However, I have a thread here that is two years old. Am I able to necro that thread, or would it be the best course of action to garner 20 posts and submit another one for approval?

Years
  • I'm pretty sure you can revive it honestly, I don't see any rule regarding reviving threads so I'd say go ahead!

I did read the rules and there was nothing mentioning revival of threads, so it's safe to assume you can revive threads here at any time, even your own if it goes for a while without activity.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I did read the rules and there was nothing mentioning revival of threads, so it's safe to assume you can revive threads here at any time, even your own if it goes for a while without activity.

I've checked it and yes, reviving threads here is not against the rules.

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
    Years
  • So we really need to post 25 posts in here to make a thread?

IM NOT GOOD WITH SHOOTING QUESTIONS /sweats ;A; i make uncomfortable ones... kind off dont wanna mess up

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
    Years
  • pretty sure it's 20 now; I vaguely remember Janna making an announcement about it a few months back.

Oh, thanks!

I actually just notice what's written underneath the Title of this section just now... orz...

Years
  • Does the "no posting in old threads" rule apply here? I assume it doesn't, seeing as you're only allowed to have one thread. Just making sure.

If you're asking in someone else's thread I'd personally recommend checking if the owner is still active first. No point in asking a question to someone if they haven't logged on in two months, right? If they have unanswered questions and are still around then you can always inquire if they're still checking so you don't end up talking to thin air haha.

If it's your own thread you're bumping after a while of inactivity then that is totally fine.

People actually can remake their threads if they so wish, I'd just close their previous one in favor of the new one.

Years
  • Why is "copy/pasting" the same question across different threads spam, yet rewording the questions even a little isn't?

If I saw a user posting the same questions continuously/in a short timeframe (obviously trying to speed through the postcount requirement) and just rewording them I'd have probably deleted. Lately it hasn't happened often though and we hardly get much activity in this forum to begin with so I've been trying to be more lenient unless it's obvious, blatant spam.

Back