• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

User feedback and questions.

Years
    Some threads are already getting ignored, or at least significantly less attention than others - once this gets opened to the public, that will only increase. Don't you think it would affect some member's self-esteem (see: justinrpg) if no-one responds to their thread? And if people who aren't really interested go and ask questions, it would get superficial really quick and then it would seem dishonest. Just my opinions, it is fun reading these threads but I'm not sure how practical it will be in the long run D:

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Some threads are already getting ignored, or at least significantly less attention than others - once this gets opened to the public, that will only increase. Don't you think it would affect some member's self-esteem (see: justinrpg) if no-one responds to their thread? And if people who aren't really interested go and ask questions, it would get superficial really quick and then it would seem dishonest. Just my opinions, it is fun reading these threads but I'm not sure how practical it will be in the long run D:

Yeah that could be an issue so I'm just wondering how do you prevent that ? You can't just disapprove of a thread if you know the person will get angry if they're ignored, or can you banned them from creating a thread cause they're or close their thread cause of them complaining too much could you? So how would the moderator handle a situation like that?

I still think this is a neat idea and if we can find the best way to handle it and it does become a forum, then I'd be happy.

I think myself the "member for a month" or number of posts in a x number of months would work best to prevent the new members for making thread that would just go inactive. Once they've been here for a certain amount of time posting often, they will gain some notoriety around here and have a decent amount of friend who'd ask them questions. I think if a user isn't too known and at least seen a few times, their thread will likely go dead.

Two other questions would a lack of info be something that might cause a thread to be not approved of? What qualities would a thread require in order to be approved of?

Her

Years
    • Seen today

I suppose I'll have to be that guy and say it: maybe, instead on focusing so much on how other people are going to interact with the 'unknown' person, maybe we should focus on the unknown person himself. I can't help but think that we're putting too much focus on what other people are doing. In order to become 'popular', the member has to throw himself out there, correct? Engage the community, talk to people, etc. Be someone that stands out amongst the crowd. I'm not saying the member has to emulate freaking BeachBoy or Razor Leaf, but if the person cares so much about the amount of people who reply to his thread, maybe he should become someone that the community wants to know about.

Maybe he should become interesting.

Last edited:
    Years
    I suppose I'll have to be that guy and say it: maybe, instead on focusing so much on how other people are going to interact with the 'unknown' person, maybe we should focus on the unknown person himself. I can't help but think that we're putting too much focus on what other people are doing. In order to become 'popular', the member has to throw himself out there, correct? Engage the community, talk to people, etc. Be someone that stands out amongst the crowd. I'm not saying the member has to emulate freaking BeachBoy or Razor Leaf, but if the person cares so much about the amount of people who reply to his thread, maybe he should become someone that the community wants to know about.

Maybe he should become interesting.

Okay no yeah I agree with you, you're completely right, I didn't even think of that.

edit: sorry if my post sounded ingenuine! I really mean it, that's a great reason!

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I don't think dishonest questions are really a big deal, tbqh. As long as the question is about the person in some way or form, it should be a fair question. Don't ask stupid questions like "Whats the weather like in your place" or stuff like that though, obviously.

As for ignored threads, I don't know if people would actually be self centered enough to actually point out to others their thread got more responses. Wouldn't be surprised if that did happen, though. I still feel like putting a cap would be a better idea, but if that can't be the case, than I guess we could try something else. If we're going to make this go organically, then perhaps we could stimulate activity with an emblem or something?

Edit: Forgot to specify. The emblem would be for the member who manages to ask the most interesting questions around the entire MIC. Or something like that.

Last edited:

Treecko

Years
    I honestly hope there isn't that many self-centered user on PC who actually complain about thread not getting enough responses. But I wouldn't expect it in the least that there are some people on PC like that.

I love the idea of emblems for most interesting question. It would give recognition to people who can think of great questions. What about one for people who give interesting answers too? I think emblems would work out well for making it this section more organic and lively.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Ehhhhhh, I don't think one for interesting answers would quite work the same way. To ask interesting questions, your not restricted to anything. To answer questions honestly, however, you're restricted by what you've experience in life. Don't think it'd be fair for a person who's lived the average Joe's life to not be able to give interesting responses, simply cause they haven't lived an interesting life. Does that make sense?

Treecko

Years
    Yup that makes total sense. I do still like the idea for emblems for this section for more interesting questions.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I think it's way too early in the game to be pointing out that members are going unnoticed. Maybe in a few days, that would be a fair thing to say for the people who made threads, but I think time is necessary to really be able to tell if members are indeed going unnoticed, and if that's the case we would need to find a way to fix that.

I think its important that everyone gets some questions in, but I also don't think its very fair to expect people to ask everyone questions. The more genuine the interest in getting to know someone is, the better chance at the purpose of this forum shining through. This section isn't to boost anyone's self-esteem and stroke their ego from being the one with the most questions being asked. It's to provide an opportunity for you to get to know someone you've wanted to learn more about and potentially make friends with them by learning more about them.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I have a small question about this forum, but I swear that post count is disabled on this forum, but chit-chat and polls isn't. Seeing as this is more of a member q and a allowing for a good amount of discussion value and thought to go into posting, I think post count should be enabled, at least as the other places which lack post count are usually areas where most posts are only a little bit other the 3/25 limit for 85% of the time.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Huh, weird. I'll ask an admin to fix that along with another little issue or two that's been reported since I'm fairly certain it's not intentional (although if someone knows otherwise then please do feel free to correct me). Thanks. :]

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Maybe I'm late on this, but I think everyone should make a concious effort to ask the same amount of questions, maybe more if you'd like, in someone's thread if they ask you any. Example, Drakow asked me a question once in my thread, so I asked him one in his. He asked me another question, so I'm about to go back to his thread and ask him another. See what I'm saying?

That and it's not hard to see someone's thread with little to no replies and think, "hey, let me check out this person" and ask them something. Really. It's not hard to avoid this, imo.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    On one hand, that sounds a bit like forced interest. On the other, it sounds like a really great way to help evenly distribute activity and to help people get to know others who they'd not normally get to know. I'm going to do this from now on and it might be good for other people to do so, too! Although it could just end up as question whoring which is annoying.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    On one hand, that sounds a bit like forced interest. On the other, it sounds like a really great way to help evenly distribute activity and to help people get to know others who they'd not normally get to know. I'm going to do this from now on and it might be good for other people to do so, too! Although it could just end up as question whoring which is annoying.

I'm not saying it needs to be a rule or forced, but to those that are so concerned about it, then just do that so you know that you're contributing and that you're not the cause of people being ignored.

droomph

weeb
    Years
    I'm not saying it needs to be a rule or forced, but to those that are so concerned about it, then just do that so you know that you're contributing and that you're not the cause of people being ignored.

Well then, we should put it in the rules so that people can see it. I think it's a great idea, kinda sweet actually :3

Years
    I was just thinking, would the revival rule apply here? I mean, what if someone added the link to their AMA thread or something in their signature and someone sees it after a month, it would suck for them if they couldn't ask a question and I think a revival rule just wouldn't work in this forum.

droomph

weeb
    Years
    I was just thinking, would the revival rule apply here? I mean, what if someone added the link to their AMA thread or something in their signature and someone sees it after a month, it would suck for them if they couldn't ask a question and I think a revival rule just wouldn't work in this forum.

It should be that if you're inactive for over a month then you should have the thread locked but otherwise it doesn't really apply.?

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Personally, I feel like the no-revival rule shouldn't be intact. A whole thread would show off a lot about a member, assuming he or she got asked many questions. Having to start over would neglect all that past information. Maybe that's a personal preference though.

Back