• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Username Origins

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Let's just say that i am not creative at all. My username is my real life name. xD

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
    Years
  • Well... mine is somewhat interesting....

So, thought up a cool name about guns (which I don't really love at all, which is pretty ironic lmao) and thought about the word "Gunner". Now that's where the gunner part of my name came from.

"pow" was something that I thought of when I added Gunner in it.

Now the 7, I just added it since it is my favorite number along with 4.

Now, come to think of it, it does sound pretty cool and yet boring... Now, I feel I want to change it to Petal Master since it is the username I use in other forums... :/ And it sounds more professional imo than gunnerpow7...

Last edited:

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
    Years
  • That's a nice philosophy. I feel the same way about other animals too - I hate how there's so much violence between them but there's nothing we can really do about it so we just have to try our best to live in harmony with the rest of the planet.

You vegan?

Hey, they put asteristics in that name ;_;~~~~

If you're talking about wild animals, really there's nothing we can do.

Yep, I'm vegan.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • It's pretty straightforward for my case (or rather for myself lol). My username is mainly derived from my last names (which I am not revealing here for privacy reasons) to make up the word 'synerjee'. It so happens that 'synerjee' also sounds and looks similar to the real English word 'synergy', which has a pretty cool meaning in my opinion haha. This wasn't really part of the plan; I was playing around with my name while searching for a nice username because I was bored of just using my own name for usernames..and suddenly this inspiration hit me, thus synerjee was born. This has been my preferred username ever since. :)

Altomare

Purupuru!
    Years
  • My Username...well it's the first thing that came to mind, honestly. Just watched the pokemon heroes movie before registering here, and I though Altomare sounds like a nice name.

Yellow Silver Nostalgia

Those Were The Days
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    Hey, they put asteristics in that name ;_;~~~~

If you're talking about wild animals, really there's nothing we can do.

Yep, I'm vegan.

Maybe, when all the humans become vegan, we can eventually develop a technology to make the rest of the world more peaceful.

Good stuff. I've taken it a step further and gone fruitarian. :D

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Airbourne Bubblun came about back in 2009, but was originally just called Bubblun before the name change. Realising there was another person under the same name on another forum, I decided to go with Airbourne, from the wrestler named Evan Bourne, who was nicknamed Air Bourne, so I merged those 2 together.

Bubblun has been my favorite VG character since 1992.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Back when I first joined here, I had a name based on a fancharacter. I wanted to get away from that, but I didn't know what to change my name to. At this time, I was reading the book series DragonLance, and reached the chapter about the character Astinus. Based on what Astinus does in the books and how he acts, I used the name.

On other sites, I might toss a title in front of the name. Like "Speaker" in reference to my favorite book. I also used "ninja" once, because on a completely different site there was someone named "pirate_asty", and since "Asty" is one of the nicknames for "Astinus", I used ninja in reference to pirates.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
    Years
  • When thinking of a username, I was thinking about dogs(cuz I like dogs). Dogs are couragous and...well are hounds. So put them together and ya got CourageHound.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Pretty simple, it's just my irl nickname together with my abbreviated birthyear. I don't even remember why I came up with something as generic at that, but I think it was when I set up my email for the first time and had no idea to what to call it, and then the Olli97 just stuck and has been what I've used pretty much anywhere if I couldn't think of anything :p

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    As I was registering, my sister told me a really hilarious joke that caused me to laugh so hard. Thus, Laugh was born.

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2014
    My username comes from the types of Starter Pokemon: Fire, Grass, Water. I made the order Water, Grass, Fire. I used Rainy, 'cause rain's related to water, ...it's water anyway, then comes Garden, because gardens have plants and grass...and then Fire, which says the thing that it is -- fire. So, that's the whole cause of Rainy Garden of Fire.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2014
    Its pretty simple for me.I like glitches and i'm a guy so it became glitchguy.

I didn't make it Glitch Guy because it really didn't look right to me.idk

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
  • I used Green goblin because green is my favorite color, Green Goblin is my favorite villain and I was watching episodes of spectacular spider-man when I was deciding to change my username.

Years
  • My username was basically my nickname that I got around 3rd grade, strangely enough from two different people (one of my friends and a cousin), who would always say "Yo, yo, yo, Brendino!" despite having never even met each other. And it stuck pretty well, as I've either used Brendino or a variant of it more mostly any username I make.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Mine came from the Shining Raichu Pokemon card that I got in a booster pack as a kid. It was the most exciting Pokemon-related memory I could conjure up when I joined the site :P

Back