• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Using "cute" pokemon...

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2020
    You forget how powerful #151 is. Mew is the most versatile pokemon there is. Capable of learning any tm or hm you chose. Along with very decent stats. Mew is "cute" and, it's even cuter in card and anime. It moped the floor with Gen I & II, I think Mewtwo was the only on who really had a chance with it.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    I am one who likes to use "good" Pokemon. Nevertheless, looks do come into play when I choose Pokemon for my team, but it just so happens that Pokemon that I like based on looks I also tend to like based on stats. (Umbreon, Arcanine, ect.)

But no matter how much I like a Pokemon based on looks, if it can't take a hit, or at least deal some damage, (I prefer walls and tanks to sweepers so defense and special defense are big factors when I pick out my team.) it gets boxed, no matter what.

For example, if I can find a good Fire type (or maybe a suitable Ground type because I've already got a decent Tranquill to take out Grass and Bug types) I might trash my Pansear. Even though I am not bothered by the design, and it can take a hit, it does WAY too little damage, even when I got rid of Incinerate for a different fire type move that was more powerful, it still barely does anything. Even when I've used Work Up it still can't do anything. The only reason I've kept it as long as I've had is because it can take hits decently.

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
    Years
  • Cute Pokemon are some of the best Pokemon, IMO~ All of the tiny legends, Mew, Celebii, Jirachi, Manaphy, VICTINI~ <333 They are all very good. The Lake trio are also "cute" legends. :3
    Eevee and it's evolutions are all good as well, being all adorable! <3

And lets not forget about how amazingly cute and cuddly Whimsicott is! ;D <333

Just because a Pokemon is cute doesn't mean it can't kick butt. I wouldn't say I choose a Pokemon just because it is cute, but because it is powerful as well.~

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Well, all of the Pokemon I use are cute. (xD) But in terms of the word "cute" I use Chillarmy (Minccino), Shellos and Eevee. I'm more of a "cute but deadly" chooser.

レイジングブラスト

Back after a short break
    Years
  • I'll use a cute Pokemon every once in a while but the only one that I can use through an entire main game is Pikachu. I like to have at least four members of my team look a little rough around the edges so that leaves only so much room for a cute team member anyway.

RulerArceus

的なインターネッ? ??の最高級!
    Years
  • Well, Mews cute.
    See what happened to that.
    Cuties can become Arnold Schwaltznigger when they want to.
    ~Rura wa Arseusu

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • It depends what you define as 'cute'. i find Jellicent cute, while others may disagree, and I think it is useful in battle. I also find Meganium cute and used that in Soul Silver. i'd never use a baby Pokemon (widely considered to be 'cute'.) simply because it'd die all the time. I'd use Jirachi, if it was allowed in the Battle Frontier/Tower. :<

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I pick Pokemon that I think would be the best to my advantige. The only cute Pokemon I use is Cherrim. In Pokemon Pearl. I used to use cute Pokemon like Buneary and Pachirisu...but I gave up on cute Pokemon, I wanted tougher ones.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I don't tend to like Pokemon generally thought of as "cute", because... I just don't really like excessively cute things. It's like having a room dyed pink; it's sickening. Cute Pokemon in my eyes are Crobat, Sneasel, Glalie, Breloom, Azumarril, Audino, etc. Pokemon I've grown attached to.

What I'm saying is I'm not that great of a judge on what's cute. But things like Pachirisu or Emolga I would never battle with.

I think cute Pokemon can kill stuff just as well as everything else. (Though I have yet to see a trainer besides me who uses an Audino. Does no one like Audino?)
    I love my Audino, Joy~ She's on my main team. <3

Soviet Russia

The Chosen Nub
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    I use cute pokemon constantly for example, the tank on my competitive team is a Wigglytuff. XD

Last edited:
    Years
  • I like using Pokemon I like! So if one of the Pokemon that I like is cute I will use it!

Back