• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Vacation / Trips

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Do you go on vacations? Do you travel far or stay near to home? Which was your favorite vacation?
    [Insert other vacation and travel-related questions]

I must say that my favorite vacation was probably when my aunt invited me and some other family to stay in her beach house last summer. Lots of interesting/amusing memories, including staying up late with my cousin and her friend as well as two other family members.

Then, to end it, we surprised my future brother-in-law's mother by taking him to visit her. She was so happy to see him again, considering we all live in a different state than she does.

Last edited:

Kitori

[FONT=impact][COLOR=#000000][I][b] V A L K Y R I E
    Years
  • My favorite vacation was two summers ago I went to Blizzcon in California. ^_^; It was a lot of fun even though I ended up spending way more than anticipated... We were supposed to stay and my ex's grandma's house but when we got there I saw a cockroach and nixed the plan. We ended up getting a hotel room down the street from the convention center but it was several hundred dollars since it was the day before the convention. @_@ Not my best impulse buy... But we got to go to Disneyland for free before we left because of family who worked there! :3

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I've been to the Orlando area / Walt Disney World four times.

I've been to New York City three times. I've been to Washington, D.C., Ottawa, Québec City, Los Vegas, and Montréal all once.

I've been to France for three weeks. Starting in Paris, making our way down to Juan-les-Pins and the Côte d'Azur. With a stop at Disneyland Paris inbetween.

Most recently I visited Southern California. Focusing on Los Angeles and the surrounding area. Ending in San Diego. Also went to Disneyland.

Spend time "up north" at the beach in cottage country for a long weekend or a week almost every year. Visit Niagara Falls and Niagara-on-the-Lake somewhat relatively often too.

I like travel and I'm glad its something my family's instilled in me.

Last edited:

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • my favorite Vacation was a once in a life time trip to Atlanta Georgia last August. Although when I was younger I did go to Disney land Paris and Blackpool Pleasure beach a lot.

Normally we just go to England or Sweden to see my parents or my daughter's other grandparents.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I think my biggest vacation was when I went to Queensland for ten days when I was ten years old. I was so excited by it that I woke up on the morning with chest pains and thought I was dying, and then I got a headache and spent the whole ten days freaking out that I had a brain tumour and not enjoying myself at all.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • I always go on vacation at my uncle's house in Vladivostok. After New Year and summer. It's the only time I could go snowboarding and drive my car. I couldn't do those things here because of school and job.

Years
  • Not really these days. I only get one week of paid vacation a year, and I don't have money to go anywhere extravagant. As a kid, we didn't do them much either, but at least my parents had the funds to do it on occasion.

As a kid, we had a few days of layover in Hawaii when we moved from Japan to Kansas. My stepdad set up the flights so we can hang around there a few days before moving on. It was pretty sweet. We got to go swimming and snorkeling and other stuff I can hardly remember. But it was fun!

The biggest vacation I had as an adult was when I went to Wisconsin in 2010. It was my great-grandma's 90th birthday so my sister and I made arrangements to get up there. We stayed with my parents and it was all pretty fun.
    I've taken a week off every year since 2010 but the other two years I didn't do much of anything due to not having the money for it.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I went to New Jersey a month ago to stay with my boyfriend - I had a blast, and we went to NYC for a day. I don't really vacation often though, the last trips I remember were in 2009/2010 when I went to Chicago twice and to Las Vegas.

MoonLight

The Stars are Pretty
    Years
  • My last vacation was last year went to Hawaii so beautiful there , prob being going on another trip in a few years back to Walt Disney and prob go down to California hopefully. Im going to Ontario in the summer but it's not really that far of a trip since im from Nova Scotia

Years
  • While I was living in Hokkaido, in the north end of Japan, I took a trip to Kagoshima, which is at the very south end of Japan (not counting Okinawa), and experienced a whole bunch of things that were new to me, like driving around the summit of a volcano ash it spewed out clouds of ash (which is does all the time so it wasn't dangerous) and swimming in the clearest water I've ever seen. The area had such lush vegetation like I'd never seen in person before. It was just an amazing chance to go there.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • Not rly, my school doesnt give me big vacations :( Were having one rn but back to class on Monday ;; Anyways, my biggest vacation when i was in Walt Disney,Orlando, Florida omg that was goooood

Aeon.

Carrion
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 22, 2016
    I haven't gone out of my state for the purpose of vacationing for five and a half years. I've been to LA twice when I was 8 and 9, and Orlando when I was 13. My family attempts to organize a vacation to another place, but is thwarted at every turn.

Years
  • I never went interstate or overseas because I'm prone to homesickness, but when I was younger I used to sometimes go over to my grandmother's house and stay there during school holidays but now that I have a job that never takes a break I don't have time for that anymore.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • I haven't been on a vacation since I visited my family in late 2011. Half of that trip was a vacation and the other half was a funeral so it was kind of mixed. Aside from that, I haven't been on a vacation in years and years.

Years
  • I live in Europe so I've been abroad a few times. Have never been outside Europe but I have seen Africa from a distance.
    Ireland, England, Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, Germany, Poland and have been on the border between Poland, Slovakia and Czech Republic but I've never been to those two properly. And I've been to islands in the Mediterranean, Atlantic ocean and Gibraltar.

I like travelling and I want to visit every city in the UK some day.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I've been to Spain that many times... that my favorite 3 places were Benidorm, Torremolinos and Palma Nova. I've been one time to Gibraltar, and I'd love to go there again.

Crux

Evermore
    Years
  • I've only ever been on one vacation, though I have travled around alot.
    To Florida, which was across the country. Then moved there. c:
    Then moved again. :c

Back