• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Vi sitter här i venten och spelar lite DotA

Are you fluent in a language other than English?

• Total voters
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Spanish. My mom is Spanish, which makes me half Spanish, so when she speaks Spanish I know what's she's saying. I can't really speak it myself, though. XD; Only some of it.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    No.

I learned French and Spanish at school..

I recently did a GCSE in French..I'll get my results soon enough.

Didn't carry on Spanish though.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • My native language is English, but I know quite a bit of Spanish, and a fair bit less of Japanese. My Spanish fluency is to the point that I can understand any given text I see in the language, but have me interpret a native speaker... and I'm stuck looking like this. -> o3o

As for Japanese, well, let's just say I'm workin' on it, m'kay?

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Well my motherlanguage is Spanish but I have to admit I am more fluent in English. I am also sorta kinda learning a bit of Japanese and Italian a little bit XD. And I guess I can be familiar with Latin since I know both English and Spanish fluently.

I can speak in pig latin without catching swine flu. It's quite an achievement.

Inway XD. Osay ancay Iway

Years
  • I know enough Japanese get on with native speakers as long as the conversation doesn't slip to far toward difficult topics like politics, in which case I'm up a creek without a paddle. Still, every time it's a challenge to my vocabulary.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I took some Spanish classes like two years ago for like a few weeks and now I've forgotten all of it.

However, I can speak Chinese and I'm currently learning Japanese.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    I can't speak any other language fluently apart from English. Want to learn Japanese though.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • one-and-a-half. XD

I sat this because my secondary language, Spanish, I can comprehend written Spanish rather well, but I have problems comprehending it as it is spoken. :P

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • I am proficient in English. I know how French and Japanese work more or less, but my knowledge is quite limited in both. Since I can't really communicate in either, I will say I am limited to one language.

Years
  • Just English. I took like half a year of Spanish, but my friends say I'm too white to speak it. XD I can't like- roll my R's or say things right, so... I kinda gave up on it when I quit that school. I can understand and write a little bit in Spanish, but out loud... not so much.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
  • *Cracks Knuckles*
    Alright, these are the ones I can carry on detailed conversations in
    - English
    - Hymmnos (Made up Video Game Language, yes, I know it. XD )
    - Japanese
    - Spanish
    - Italian
    - German
    - Dutch
    - Russian

Here are the ones I only know a little of (Learning)
    - Korean
    - Greek
    - Latin
    - Chinese
    I've always been good at languages, it just comes naturally.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Only 1, babe. I speak English and only English.

But I used to know both English and French. However, I forgot most of them. I also know a bit of Hawaiian and Japanese.

Back