• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games You'd like to See as Movies?

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
Fallout. The various fan-series and fan-movies have proven that it's a source ripe for building on in cinema. The best thing is that with Fallout, you wouldn't have to use established characters to make it feel right; What makes Fallout Fallout is the world.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
I know this is in the works already but I always wanted to see one of the Uncharted games in a movie. The game plays like one so it wouldn't be too hard, I would think.

Otherwise Catherine would be pretty interesting too.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
The Last of Us is my first thought. Then again, the points you guys bring up about it being too great in its original media are true. It would be somewhat weird to change something that epic into a movie, something would be lost.

Something I've always wanted to see as a movie is Deus Ex. It's story is deep and it would have action and political criticism and deceit and loyalty and story twists all in one movie. Really, it would be great.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Otherwise Catherine would be pretty interesting too.

That would be such an Inception-esque movie nobody would want to see it, but it'd be amazing regardless.

I also feel The Last of Us is a one hit wonder and shoudn't be made into a movie, because it would only be for money. The charm of the game is that it captured the gamers from beginning to end with no hiccups in its gameplay or raw emotion, and left them feeling like less of a person from how crazy angsty it is. ;__; At least, that's how it was for me.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
no hiccups in its gameplay
Wait, are we talking about the game in itself? Because there are several big issues with the AI, combat, level design, enemy variety and particularly frame rate. It could very well be turned into a movie with no losses, only except the narrative will be criticized harsher (in relative to things like Children of Men) because the standards are higher, which is really the only reason it works well as a video game, but then the gameplay kinda falls compared to something of much tighter design like Resident Evil 4. Still a great game mind you.

But this isn't the thread for that.

Last edited:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Wait, are we talking about the game in itself? Because there are several big issues with the AI, combat, level design, enemy variety and particularly frame rate. It could very well be turned into a movie with no losses, only except the narrative will be criticized harsher (in relative to things like Children of Men) because the standards are higher, which is really the only reason it works well as a video game

I didn't mean how the game itself ran. I for one was not as scrupulous as most hardcore gamers when I played it the first time; I played to enjoy the game and nothing more.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I didn't mean how the game itself ran. I for one was not as scrupulous as most hardcore gamers when I played it the first time; I played to enjoy the game and nothing more.
I'm pretty sure we all play games to enjoy them, and I definitely don't play TLoU to criticize and pinpoint its flaws. What I said were what I discovered trying to enjoy it and nothing more, and the game definitely has hiccups in both its game design and technicality, but that doesn't stop me (nor should it stop you) from enjoying games if they're good.

Back