• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Gaming Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years

• Video Gaming Event

Introduction

Bored of soloing the front lines? Looking for some team mates to help you in your adventures? Simply desiring a good time with the gaming folks here on PC? Then look no further, the Video Gaming Events team is here for you! Whether you're a beginner or veteran, we're all here to have fun and hang out during our gaming sessions. Some of us do have other games in our collection, so if you don't see a game you'd like, give us a shout and maybe a host will have it.

Your PS3 hosts
    OokamiReki | PSN: Dearu | Pacific UTC -7
    TwilightBlade | PSN: LightAquamarine | Eastern UTC -4

Your XBOX 360 hosts
    Nuke | Gamertag: vJonny | British UTC +1

Your PC hosts
    Griffinbane | Starcraft II: Griffinbane | Eastern UTC-4
    Krazzikk | Steam: codyyum | Eastern UTC-4
    OokamiReki | Steam: Dearu | Pacific UTC -7
    TwilightBlade | Steam: chaotic_emerald | Eastern UTC-4

Check time zones here

Some of us do have other games in our collection, so if you don't have a core game (those listed below in Gaming Events), give us a shout and maybe a host will play a different game with you. It'll count towards the emblem, too. Here's what we have so far:

TwilightBlade
    Other PS3 Games
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
    Grand Theft Auto IV
    LittleBigPlanet 1, 2, & Karting
    Uncharted 2 & 3
    Dust 514
    Battlefield 3
    Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
    Final Fantasy IV: A Realm Reborn
    On PC: Borderlands 2

Nuke
    Other Xbox 360 Games
    Forza Horizon
    NBA 2K13
    PES 2013
    OokamiReki
    Other PC Games
    Torchlight II
    Counter Strike: Source & Global Offensive
    Blacklight Retribution
    Combat Arms
    Primal Carnage
    Warframe
    Killing Floor
    Unreal Tournament GOTY & 3
    OokamiReki
    Other PS3 Games
    CoD 4 through CoD Black Ops 2
    Battlefield 3
    Medal of Honor & Warfighter
    Uncharted 3
    Soul Calibur V
    The Last of Us
    Dust 514
    Unreal Tournament 3
    Killzone 3
    Resistance 2 & 3
    Resident Evil 5 & 6

Here's the rad emblem if you participate in any of these gaming events. Just be sure to post here first and leave your gamertag/account name. Popular series may have an individual emblem, so stay tuned!
    Video Gaming Event

Gaming Events

PS3/XBOX 360

Video Gaming Event

Call of Duty: Black Ops (PS3)
    Day: Friday
    Time: 1PM to 5PM EST (6PM to 10PM GMT)
    Host: TwilightBlade

Video Gaming Event

Borderlands (PS3)
    Day: Saturday
    Time: 1PM to 4PM EST (6PM to 9PM GMT)
    Hosts: TwilightBlade

Borderlands 2 (PS3)
    Day: Saturday
    Time: 5PM to 9PM EST (10PM to 2AM GMT)
    Hosts: OokamiReki and TwilightBlade

Video Gaming Event

Left 4 Dead (360)
    Day: Friday, Monday
    Time: 7PM EST (12AM GMT)
    Host: Nuke

PC

Video Gaming Event

Starcraft II (PC)
    Days: Friday, Sunday, Monday
    Time: 11AM to 7PM EST (4PM to 12AM GMT)
    Host: Griffinbane

Video Gaming Event

DOTA 2 (PC)
    Days: Sunday
    Time: 1PM to 7 PM EST (6PM to 12AM GMT)
    Host: OokamiReki

Video Gaming Event

League of Legends (PC)
    Days: Monday, Tuesday
    Time: 2 PM to 8PM EST (7PM to 1AM GMT)
    Host: OokamiReki

Video Gaming Event

Team Fortress 2 (PC)
    Day: Sunday
    Time: 8PM EST (1AM GMT)
    Host: Krazzikk
    Server: 68.232.181.79:27015

Last edited:

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • Video Gaming Event

Starcraft II
    The Protoss fight to survive.
    The Terrans fight for dominance.
    The Zerg fight to devour all.
    Which race will you choose?

Basically, this is a real-time strategy game where you will have to build a base and army in order to annihilate your opponents. Plan how to use your resources carefully, there's only so much you can gather before your opponents strike!

Getting Started
    For those who do not own the game:
    You will have to do a few things before starting:
    - Create a battle.net account (it's a large download... it may take overnight)
    - Download and install the Starter Edition of Starcraft II
    - Once installed, log into the game with your battle.net account.

Unfortunately for Starter Edition users, the modes you can access will be extremely limited. However, there is a workaround for this! DO THESE STEPS AHEAD OF TIME PLEASE.
    - On the bottom of the right-hand side of your screen will be an icon that has a bubble that says Friend List.
    - Click on the icon and click on the Add Friend button. Then click on the Character Friend button.
    - Into the appropriate areas, punch in Griffinbane and 524. That's my character name and code.
    - VM me your character name and code. I'll need your information in order to see you on my screen.

Once these steps are completed, just show up on the appropriate time! I'll see you on my friend list and pull you into a party, so that you can play all the wonderful things that is now unlocked for you!

Note: What you access depends on which mode we play. In Wings of Liberty mode, everything is unlocked. In Heart of the Swarm mode, Zerg and Protoss will remain locked. If you don't mind being Terran, or if you really want to see the content that doesn't exist in WoL, we'll be sticking to HotS mode. If you want to play as one of the other two races, I'll switch to WoL mode.​

For those with the game:
    Just add Griffinbane, code 524, to your friend list. A note to those without the expansion: you will also be limited to just Terran if we select HotS mode. You'll also have to decide which is more enticing: new content or Zerg/Protoss.​

Help! I'm new to the game!
    Don't know how to play? Don't worry! I'm happy to help you learn how to play in Player vs AI sessions.​

Oh, looks like we have a stowaway. How will you befriend him?
    Video Gaming Event

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I'm signing up for Dota2 and Team Fortress 2. Hopefully I can make it to both of them.

Steam user: LilJz (Picture of Hamtaro)

Last edited:

Nakala Pri

Hey, can I do 3Ds stuff instead? I don't own those games. :c

TwilightBlade

Years
  • I don't have a 3DS, but maybe a host or participant does.

I have these games on PS3: LittleBigPlanet 1&2 and Karting, Uncharted 2&3, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, FFIV: A Realm Reborn (Beta), Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, Grand Theft Auto 4, probably some more. Anyone interested in gaming with me (Call of Duty Black Ops or your choice)? It's 1PM for me. :3

TY

I have both Black Ops aswell as Borderlands 1&2 so ill be active all day (night for me :S) :D

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I'll probably hop on to the Team Fortress 2 and League of Legends events. I'm already on the Pokecommunity group on Steam as oH!spoke, and my Summoner Name for League is: ShiverMeButtocks.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    BORDERLANDSSS!!!
    PSN: Eona04
    I have both Borderlands 1 & 2, although I'll like to play 1 since I'm still only a Lv. 10 on 2 >.< I also have Black Ops 1 and Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit. Dunno if I'll be able to join though since my internet won't let me connect sometimes ;.;

Reactions: EB

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    My steam name is ANARCHit3cht and my League of Legends names is the anarchitecht. I'll probably be attending both the LoL and TF2 events.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years

• Video Gaming Event

DOTA 2
    "Who wants to fight? The first punch is free... anyone?" -Tusk

[a id]Rules[/a id]Getting Started
    ~ NOTICE ~
    ~ If you don't have Steam, download the steam client and create an account for free here: https://store.steampowered.com/
    ~ If you don't have DOTA 2 and would like a beta key, go to my steam page and add me as a friend. Be sure to also post a comment on my profile stating you're from PC, so I know i'm not giving a key away to a random stranger. After I add you i'll gift you a DOTA 2 Pass. Click on the mail symbol on the top of your steam app and activate it, then proceed to download DOTA 2. (NOT THE TEST CLIENT!)

~ MATCH INFO ~
    ~ The matches will compose of the standard 5v5 in a private lobby. If requested I can change the settings to add bots or cheats for the -wtf command which allows infinite usage of skills, just for fun. However according to the amount of people who join and participate, I might flex the teams around a bit. If participants want to pub, i'm fine with that too but be warned that matchmaking with players of various skill levels can potentially lead to difficult gameplay.

~ OTHER INFO ~
    My Steam page: https://steamcommunity.com/id/FenrirReki

(If you have any questions or need any help, feel free to contact me via Steam, PC, or Skype)

Video Gaming Event

League of Legends
    "Let's make this fun..." -Warwick

[a id]Rules[/a id]Getting Started
    ~ NOTICE ~
    ~ If you don't have a League of Legends account, register for one free here: https://na.leagueoflegends.com/
    ~ If you have League of Legends, just add me.

~ MATCH INFO ~
    ~ Matches will just be composed of public parties matchmaking in either Summoner's Rift 5v5 or any other game mode in Normal.

~ OTHER INFO ~
    My summoner name: FenrirReki

How to add a summoner:
    -When you are in-game, click the bottom right corner of your League of Legends screen.
    -Click on "Add friend"
    -Type in my summoner name, and i'll add you back. Simple as that right?

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I don't have a 3DS, but maybe a host or participant does.

I have these games on PS3: LittleBigPlanet 1&2 and Karting, Uncharted 2&3, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, FFIV: A Realm Reborn (Beta), Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, Grand Theft Auto 4, probably some more. Anyone interested in gaming with me (Call of Duty Black Ops or your choice)? It's 1PM for me. :3

I have a 3ds and may be able to be a host, it depends on the day though.

Years
  • For Xbox 360 players who feel they may not be able to participate in the L4D2 event, I'd like to offer a few alternatives.

Anyone with a copy of Forza Horizon, NBA 2K13 or PES 2013 feel free to message me if I'm online for a game or two. I'll try to make myself available as often as possible over the weekend for this. I'd love to offer L4D2 across the weekend too as I guess more people would play that, but I have to borrow my brother's copy for that so that is a bit more difficult for me.

I apologise to anyone who would've liked to participate who doesn't own any of these games, I know my options are fairly restrictive and I would have loved there to have been another X360 host to offer a few more options. Hopefully I'll still get to game with a few fellow members though. :)

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • As for the other games I don't mind hosting,

On the PC:
    - Torchlight II
    - Counter Strike: Source & Global Offensive
    - Blacklight Retribution
    - Combat Arms
    - Primal Carnage
    - Warframe
    - Killing Floor
    - Unreal Tournament GOTY & 3

On the PS3:
    - CoD 4 through CoD Black Ops 2
    - Battlefield 3
    - Medal of Honor & Warfighter
    - Uncharted 3
    - Soul Calibur V
    - The Last of Us
    - Dust 514
    - Unreal Tournament 3
    - Killzone 3
    - Resistance 2 & 3
    - Resident Evil 5 & 6

If anyone wants to play any of these games feel free to let me know.

TwilightBlade

Years
  • I'm on my PS3 now, send me a message if you wanna game with me. I've added everyone's PSN. :-)

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • I guess I'll be signing up for both of the Borderlands events :p

PSN username is Orimasuta.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back