• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Videogame music that helps you concentrate eg. for exams

Cid

Years
    Final Fantasy! It's a great franchise in terms of VGM, and they have an official playlist on Spotify. I have that playlist on speed dial.

There's also Pokémon, Kingdom Hearts, Super Mario Galaxy (great orchestral soundtrack), Undertale, Stardew Valley, and even the Mother series. It helps that VGM often don't have lyrics. Lyrics just distract me because I'm inclined to process the words and sing along.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Ib, OFF or any calm ost actually. Though some of Ace Attorney's work too

Aldo

Survivalist
    Years
    • Seen today
    Playing music from mystery-solving games you've played before always does the job

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Stellaris.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Time for the obligatory Xenoblade and NieR soundtrack post!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

...and a Metroid compilation, because the Prime games have some of the most relaxing music for overworlds I've encountered in a video game.

I could find more.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Animal Crossing music. It's literally the perfect background music for life.

Years
    .... From my favorite's or playlist of vid-game music from Obscure Titles, *Ahem*

MagiNation - TitleTheme/Battle Theme 1
    Spoiler:

Vectorman - Day 1, Terraport
    Spoiler:

Vectorman - Title
    Spoiler:

Cave Story- The Last Battle: Cave story ain't so much an obscure title, but it's still worth every beat to be in any playlist
    Spoiler:

Card City Nights - Things
    Spoiler:

Card City Nights - Chaotic Bigness
    Spoiler:

Dot.Hack\\Sign Parts 1-4 for PS2; It's too much effort to track down every single one; forgive me.

Terranigma - Everything, surprisingly, someone ripped out a good number of the tracks and put them into this handy convenient video.
    Spoiler:

This list is only the surface.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
    There are a few. Listed below are the themes from the games, written in this format: "Theme,Game to which the theme belongs - URL" I was unable to get these links as videos here, but at least these URLs could help:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I remember that I used to listen to Song of Storms from Zelda with rain in the background (had Rainymood opened in another tab) often. It was relaxing and helped to calm me down. Piano covers of Pokemon soundtracks (and generally more mellow rather than upbeat tracks) are most helpful for me to concentrate properly - I think I used this one as almost the sole soundtrack I studied with during an entire exam block. I don't listen to video game music too often so those are the only two that came to mind for studying. :D

Years
    There are a few.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Yo, do you have broken links or what?

Sojiro

Hoo Boy
    Years
    I listen to a lot of game soundtracks when I'm concentrating on something. My favorite is probably Persona 5's soundtrack. A lot of good music to choose from, particularly this one:

I also have the soundtracks from the first 4 generations of Pokemon games + Mystery Dungeon games in a playlist on my phone. I'll often listen to them on shuffle while doing something. Every song brings back some sort of memory or nostalgia, adding to why I love listening to these soundtracks.

Years
    Legend of Dragoon's soundtrack is great for when I need background music when I'm doing something.

Final Fantasy music also works, especially older stuff (like pre-FFX), though I tend to use that more for inspiration than concentration. Because seriously, that music inspires me like not much else has.

Back