• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Vista

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • wtf I love you. DX *wasn't sure where to look for that* XD;

Anyway...this is the admin account that set up the computer. o_O; Shouldn't it be authorized to make all these changes? That's stupid.

Years
  • wtf I love you. DX *wasn't sure where to look for that* XD;

Anyway...this is the admin account that set up the computer. o_O; Shouldn't it be authorized to make all these changes? That's stupid.

Heh... I cracked up when I first knew of that feature.

Anyway, I don't think I'm getting Vista soon. I wouldn't be fully running it with this now inferior computer anyway, and the supposed lack of drivers is a turn off... I'll be simply sticking with XP.

512... wtf... ._.;

Years
  • I played with Vista at a friend'd house. I'm going to pass on it for now. Dual-booting ZETA and Ubuntu on my desktop and having XP on my laptop works for me.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Vista looks awesome - unfortunately my laptop won't be able to support it effectively so I'll simply buy it with a better computer!

The glass feature looks yummy.

Years
  • I run Vista Ultimate Release Candidate 1, which will expire on June 1. I'll be purchasing the final copy soon, though.

Both my laptop and my dad's desktop run it. My laptop can't run Aero, which is just sad, so I'm getting my dad's laptop (which supports Aero Glass) once he gets a new one for himself.

Why can't your laptop run it? o_o; Even onboard graphics should be able to do Aero glass. How old is it again?

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
  • I got a Dell Notebook for Christmas, and I was sad, I like barely missed Vista. I dunno anything about it technically, it just looked pretty. Buuuut, XP is doing just fine for now.

Cherrim

Years
  • How do I go about doing that?
    Whoa, long time no see. :o Anyway, you should be able to go back to where you bought it and ask for the upgrade. Almost every retailer advertised free upgrades for all Vista-capable computers sold in the last two or three months. So if you just got yours, chances are you can get the upgrade.

Anyway, the more I use Vista, the more iffy I am. Currently, I'm not sure what happened, but the windows on my taskbar are suddenly aligned to the right and Firefox won't open at all. o_o; So, yeah. Not sure if I did something (and if so, can't imagine what) or if I'm just finding bugs or something.

Years
  • Architectural requirements? Do you mean the AACS stuff, or something else? o_o; Writing a Vista driver shouldn't be that hard; you can even omit the HD-DVD stuff if you want.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • About the business upgrading, its going to be funny at the University I go to when and if they decide to make the switch over, as over half the computers on campus might have trouble running the Business version, or even Business. Most of the student worker computers only have 256MB of RAM, 32MB GFX card, and P4 1.8Ghz, and they already crawl with XP. Even the ones that we'll soon be using to replace them only have 256MB-512MB of RAM, 32MB GFX card, and P4 2.4-2.8Ghz. And due to the computers age and warranty's, they will not even looking at getting upgrades for them. Hell, half the computers bought 2 years ago are going to have fits, as they only have 512MB RAM and on board Intel video (BLARG!!!!), with the good parts being they have 40GB hd's and 3.2Ghz P4's. Lets not get started about the Laptops ...*Throws Up*.

My Vista test machine is a P4 1.8Ghz, 768MB RDRAM (Rambus), 32MB GFX card, 20GB HD. From my experience, Vista Ultimate runs ok, but in the educational setting it will be interesting as from what I have seen, some professors depending on the field are computer challenged. It's going to be FUNNNNNNNNNNNN. *Sarcasm*

Last edited:

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
  • Whoa, long time no see. :o Anyway, you should be able to go back to where you bought it and ask for the upgrade. Almost every retailer advertised free upgrades for all Vista-capable computers sold in the last two or three months. So if you just got yours, chances are you can get the upgrade.

I know, right! :)

What if I purchased mine over the phone? Would I have to call Dell?

Cherrim

Years
  • I think so. I know the straight-from-Dell retailers here had the special where you could upgrade, so it should be the same there. Either way it never hurts to call and ask. :x

Years
  • I could.

...why would I write drivers for a a chipset I don't have, to work on an OS I don't have again? XD;

Years
  • Wouldn't you be more capable, Miss? You're far more experienced! I've always admired all the talents you've built up, and coding is one of them.

Back