• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VPP DCC ☆ Ask questions & chat! *OLD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Ah, I got lucky and had some Pokémon enthusiast friends out there with link cables who were happy to do some trading! Provided it was Pincer for Scyther lol. Still, those days were nostalgic. Completely overly complicated and annoying, but nostalgic. (´∀`)♡

Honestly, that's why I like VPP too. You get to obtain Pokémon at your own pace, work with other trainers, put real effort into earning rare ones.. it's challenging and rewarding the same way the old school games were and I like that! :)

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
Except I wish I had a cheat guide for VPP like I did for every old school Pokémon game...lol.

pkmin3033

No more complicated than SnS' password system I don't think, hahaha.

VPP is another reason to post literally everywhere and something to work towards, which is appealing. I just wish it didn't take *quite* so long to get something to level 100. xD

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
Good thing you weren't playing back in the day when it started on PE2K you would have needed like 400 posts to complete ONE Pokémon and that's not even a legendary. And you had to claim a legendary from the generation that was in rotation and hope no one claimed it before you or you'd be screwed.

pkmin3033

If it was 400 posts per Pokemon nobody would ever get anything done! xD

I was never on PE2K, although I used it a lot for sprites back when I used to do fusions, haha.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
Back then every forum was crazy active so it didn't seem like THAT much back then unlike now a days.

pkmin3033

PC is fairly active, although it does have its quieter moments in early morning - mid afternoon for me. But yeah, the forums I used to be on would move too quickly for me to keep up with them sometimes.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Jeez if VPPs needed 400 posts I'd insist on an Game Shark / Action Replay item to drop it down to the current post requirement lmao.

pkmin3033

Imagine having an Action Replay for the forum...ohohoho... /shot

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Are we allowing tag team for the Halloween event?? Anyone wanna go halfsies on a Drapion or Mimikyu with me? (。・o・。)

pkmin3033

OK, I could really use some CSS advice for a flashy basic table so my VPP thread is a little more spiffy and easy to organise/read before I update it, please? I am...miserably behind. I've raised three Pokemon since that Togepi. xD

Also I will gladly collab if anyone wishes...I've been hitting Trivia a lot recently. xD

Years
OK, I could really use some CSS advice for a flashy basic table so my VPP thread is a little more spiffy and easy to organise/read before I update it, please? I am...miserably behind. I've raised three Pokemon since that Togepi. xD

Also I will gladly collab if anyone wishes...I've been hitting Trivia a lot recently. xD
I too have been hitting up Trivia. Wanna raise a Pokemon together? :seduce:

pkmin3033

I too have been hitting up Trivia. Wanna raise a Pokemon together? :seduce:
What did you have in mind? :o
I really want a Spiritomb but I might ask for that for my birthday so idk

pkmin3033

Double post but I have a somewhat important question regarding Legendary acquisition - the 10 VPP rule is straightforward enough, but for their type requirements, do those have to be part of the 10 VPP in between Legendaries, or can they come from any Pokemon you've raised prior to that?

As an example:
1. I raise three dark-type Pokemon as part of 10 VPP
2. I claim a Legendary that doesn't use dark-type Pokemon
3. I raise another 10 VPP and none of them are dark types

Would I be able to claim Darkrai using those 3 dark types I raised earlier, or would I need to raise 3 dark types as part of the 10 VPP I raise between that other Legendary and Darkrai?

Sorry if that's a garbled mess. xD;

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
Double post but I have a somewhat important question regarding Legendary acquisition - the 10 VPP rule is straightforward enough, but for their type requirements, do those have to be part of the 10 VPP in between Legendaries, or can they come from any Pokemon you've raised prior to that?

As an example:
1. I raise three dark-type Pokemon as part of 10 VPP
2. I claim a Legendary that doesn't use dark-type Pokemon
3. I raise another 10 VPP and none of them are dark types

Would I be able to claim Darkrai using those 3 dark types I raised earlier, or would I need to raise 3 dark types as part of the 10 VPP I raise between that other Legendary and Darkrai?

Sorry if that's a garbled mess. xD;

You can use any and all Pokémon that you have raised at any point. So you can even use Legendary for a Legendary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back