• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VPP DCC ☆ Ask questions & chat! *OLD*

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmin3033

...the urge to bloat my stats thread by writing out detailed personality bios and drawings for all of my VPPs going forward is now overwhelming. xD

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    LOL....what's taking you so long. xD

Just so long as we can tell what Pokemon are used for what...Legendary, Challenges and where you may have gotten them from. Granted I keep track of everyone's Pokemon and points in Google Docs just in case something were to happen, if there was ever a dispute of some sort, or you forget to add a Pokemon to your stats.

pkmin3033

Laziness, mostly. I'm drawing every Pokemon in Procreate in order (up to Sandslash at the moment, I'm only doing one a day...two on good days) so if I start drawing my VPPs it'll mess up my order, which will wreak havoc on my stacks. I suppose I could just use the Home sprites and replace them with drawings further down the line, though...

Also I'm expecting I'll have to split my Pokedex up further once I get 50+ Pokemon in a single generation, or the coding will be a nightmare...does PC even have a post character limit? xD

I keep this post for tracking purposes, and I do try to keep it up to date...for my own peace of mind as well. I have a system in place for getting a full Pokedex that I need to adhere to, haha.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Nothing wrong with that. I'm just as picky with keeping everything in order as well. That way I know when I can do my next Legendary and get my next Master.

pkmin3033

Plus if I started now I'd have to do it for the 20 or so Pokemon I already have, and...ehhhh. I guess I don't really *need* to do it. I might split up my boxes by 30s though, if only to keep the CSS more managable...and because it reflects in-game PC boxes and I'll be able to have bigger float images. idk I want everything to be nice and neat and not a pain to sort through, but also stylish and nice to look at, so...eh, it's a work in progress.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I mean my CSS isn't very much for a Pokemon and I'm little over 60 right now. I think it may just have to do with how much CSS you want to put into each one. Though for me it's just about collecting and nothing really more than that. It's a game of who has no life and how much do they have to show for it. xDDDD

pkmin3033

I might actually take everything out except for when it hits Level 100 and if it's shiny or not. I'll be able to keep everything as it is that way and not worry about drowning in CSS later :D

I am going to have to make those Home icons in the float larger than 100 x 100 though...you can barely see some of them, haha. The reason I want to get it all set out as early as possible is so I can avoid doing it later when it's more work and I can't be bothered so it just gets in a mess and my motivation to do it completely dies. xD

I sometimes forget this was a thing before it became a separate forum section, though! I didn't post much on PC for about 6 months so I guess I missed it when it was active in Trivia...which is a shame, because if I could apply this retroactively to my posts I'd have close to 100 now, haha.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Do you have any order you go by when picking the next Pokemon?

I mean for me I tend to work on challenges depending on what's in season.

pkmin3033

Kinda. I go for challenges first, then seasonals. I'm going after the Legendaries in order (or at least I am now) so I'll pick one I need for that my master (and try to make it a fighting type too because I hate those xD) and now I'll get an Unown for my 9th towards a VPP (which is a 10th for my next Legendary) because only one of those counts towards either.

So, two of my next VPP between now and Moltres will be Unown B and either Pyroar or Delphox (since they're the only fire types that aren't Legendaries that would be seasonals) and otherwise it'll be ice-types for the challenge.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I'd like you all to bow down and welcome Dawn to the VPP team. They've been giving me a run for my money with how quickly they get Pokemon done. We'll even bribe you with 50 points if you do. :D

Years
  • henlo everyone

i was browsing other people's breeder stats threads to get some design/layout ideas and i noticed that a couple of them got +200 points as a starting bonus while others didn't (or didn't mention at least). read through the rules a couple times too and i didn't find it anywhere. so like, just wanna ask, does everyone get to collect starting bonuses or just a select few folks? :3

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    henlo everyone

i was browsing other people's breeder stats threads to get some design/layout ideas and i noticed that a couple of them got +200 points as a starting bonus while others didn't (or didn't mention at least). read through the rules a couple times too and i didn't find it anywhere. so like, just wanna ask, does everyone get to collect starting bonuses or just a select few folks? :3

It was a bonus event posted in Meet & Greet to get new people who joined to stick around and have fun instead of posting a handful of times and then disappearing. Meet & Greet also had their own Raise A Pokemon but that was strictly for the Meet & Greet section and in the end their Raise A Pokemon and VPP pretty much joined together.

As VPP even when it was still just a thread in the Pokemon Trivia section and it was just me running I always offered Pokemon and points to all Staff if they wanted to host an event or needed something to help boost their sections.

pkmin3033

I kinda wanted to do a VPP crossover event with Porygon as the prize in VG, but I'm...still working on it. xD

pkmin3033

Quick question: Rules state that "You can use your VPP's towards both challenges and Legendary Pokémon but only ONCE." - so does that mean you can use a Pokemon for both a Legendary and a Challenge, or only one or the other? I understand that you can't use a Pokemon repeatedly for different Legendaries and challenges, but I'm not 100% sure if you can use the same Pokemon once towards both of them. xD

I just realised I could be claiming extra Pokemon and cutting down on the number of posts I need for a full dex and I've been ignoring it. xD;

Years
  • Quick question: Rules state that "You can use your VPP's towards both challenges and Legendary Pokémon but only ONCE." - so does that mean you can use a Pokemon for both a Legendary and a Challenge, or only one or the other? I understand that you can't use a Pokemon repeatedly for different Legendaries and challenges, but I'm not 100% sure if you can use the same Pokemon once towards both of them. xD

I just realised I could be claiming extra Pokemon and cutting down on the number of posts I need for a full dex and I've been ignoring it. xD;

i mean i saw one person's breeder stats page say that they were breeding a Mime Jr. for both the Team Rocket James Challenge & getting Mew, so I think using one for both is fine. so long as it isn't to accomplish 2 Challenges or 2 Legendaries at the same time.

pkmin3033

That's what I thought, it's just 6:50am right now and I wasn't 100% sure because it wouldn't be the first time I completely misread something. xD

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    You can use a duel type Pokemon up to 3 times. 1 for a challenge and 2 times for Legendary for each type. Example: Charizard can be used Once for Fire and Once for Flying but NOT on the same Legendary like Moltres for example.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back