• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VPP ~ Virtual Pokémon Pet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    togepi.gif

Togepi for me please!!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'm really stupid, but can somebody explain what community VPP means? I've read and re-read the opening post but I don't understand ;;

it's all explained here on the vpp site! basically we all say a pokemon and she rolls which pokemon it'll be. whichever pokemon is chosen we all work together to make the number of posts to get that pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Ok, I choose Pichu ^^

Roll?

Also, is there anything more I need to do here, aside from making it look pretty if I want? https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9971688#post9971688

I use a dice roll site to do all the rolling for VPP. IE: shinies and events like this. As for your stats you can make them look as pretty as you want I just need to know how many points you have and what your Pokemon are used for. IE: Legendary, Master Pokemon, events. I'm real OCD with how mine look...lol.

Alolan Vulpix isn't a bad idea. I was thinking something pink like Audino for Valentine's Day. But Caite may or may not be doing something for VDay already so shrug.

I don't usually pick one Pokemon for Holiday events I just go with a type or two. So feel free to pick Audino if you'd like . :D

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I'm really stupid, but can somebody explain what community VPP means? I've read and re-read the opening post but I don't understand ;;

Basically you submit a Pokemon(like Pichu) and from the list of candidates, Caite will roll a die to determine which one gets picked. Whichever one luck favors is what the Community will raise. Since this a Community Pokemon, it will take 500 Posts divided by the number of participants. Each participants share will be that result rounded up so we may(or may not, up to Caite) do more or less than 500 total posts if 500 is not evenly divisible by number of participants. Progress on the Community Pokemon depends on each Particpant so it's a group effort! Once you complete your share of the Community VPP, you're done and can't supplement other participants. Furthermore, this is the only instance where Posting pays twice since you gain credit for the Community VPP and whatever VPP you're raising right now(which for me is Articuno).

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I wasn't sure since I remember past times when free Pokemon were given (though I suppose that Christmas was just the exception then!) so yeah I'll pick Audino for the list!

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I wasn't sure since I remember past times when free Pokemon were given (though I suppose that Christmas was just the exception then!) so yeah I'll pick Audino for the list!

*Cough* Get Together from last year yielded a shiny Vanillite and more if you were bonkers at Ice Cream ;) *Cough*

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    funny thing is that i was thinking about that vanillite too but didn't think someone was gonna correct me bc i don't know how to type lol

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Wait, I'm an idiot, sorry. My last VPP from 2018 was Togepi, I just never updated my Breeder Stats! In that case I would like to change my Pokémon to: Mareep! :)

mareep.png

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I thought I had no life but then CodeHelmet put me to shame. xDD

Scary thing is... I knew people from years ago who were far more active on Forums than I've ever been in my entire online career. Heck it wasn't even a PC record... Hikamaru holds the title, hence if she was still around... man she would be my pick to win it.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Basically you submit a Pokemon(like Pichu) and from the list of candidates, Caite will roll a die to determine which one gets picked. Whichever one luck favors is what the Community will raise. Since this a Community Pokemon, it will take 500 Posts divided by the number of participants. Each participants share will be that result rounded up so we may(or may not, up to Caite) do more or less than 500 total posts if 500 is not evenly divisible by number of participants. Progress on the Community Pokemon depends on each Particpant so it's a group effort! Once you complete your share of the Community VPP, you're done and can't supplement other participants. Furthermore, this is the only instance where Posting pays twice since you gain credit for the Community VPP and whatever VPP you're raising right now(which for me is Articuno).

Ohh thanks for explaining! So, do we all get one each of the pokémon we help raise?

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Ohh thanks for explaining! So, do we all get one each of the pokémon we help raise?

When the Community VPP is finished, each participant acquires that VPP to go along with their other VPP's :). Meaning everyone benefits but the wait may be short or long depending on how active other participants happen to be and the number of participants we have to begin with. So far, including myself, I count at least 6 so the threshold is below 100 posts. While the odds of your VPP being picked drop with each participant, your post share drops accordingly. Right now it's just under a shade of 90 posts per person.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Oh cute! Hmm but if it's not just for myself, maybe I shouldn't pick something like Pichu lmao. Maybe something more fun and odd........ BERGMITE!
    (it's really cold here now ok)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    When the Community VPP is finished, each participant acquires that VPP to go along with their other VPP's :). Meaning everyone benefits but the wait may be short or long depending on how active other participants happen to be and the number of participants we have to begin with. So far, including myself, I count at least 6 so the threshold is below 100 posts. While the odds of your VPP being picked drop with each participant, your post share drops accordingly. Right now it's just under a shade of 90 posts per person.

100? did Caite change the number but hadn't changed it on the site? bc rn the site says 5000 (not 500) divided by the number of people. Which imo seems a bit much especially for a first community vpp so smth like 1000 would be more feasible.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • 100? did Caite change the number but hadn't changed it on the site? bc rn the site says 5000 (not 500) divided by the number of people. Which imo seems a bit much especially for a first community vpp so smth like 1000 would be more feasible.

Probably. My brain is still reeling from a Fever I had yesterday. How I come up with coherent thoughts is a fight right now lol.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    The whole idea of VPP (to me at least) is give you a reward so to speak for posting on the forums by raising Pokemon. Something fun to partake in while not being to much of a burden or to much to worry about.

Back in the day when it was first started on PE2K you needed I think 300 posts (could be more) to finish just 1 VPP and other than Legendary Pokemon that was all there was to do. Then it was revived on PXR where things were added and changed slightly. I then took it over once it was getting forgotten again and that's when I started adding more things to it. I wanted to try and give a reason for the Pokemon you raise and just add more fun to it. That's when I brought it over here knowing it would get more use out of it and not just the one or two people it was on PXR. You guys make we wanna try and come up with more ideas and fun things to do.

I want it to be fun yet be a little bit of work. Not everyone will want to do everything there is and that's alright. That's why I'm always trying to give out Pokemon as prizes during events like the Get Together or holiday events like Christmas and Halloween.

If you guys have ideas or issues don't be afraid to speak up. If not in public feel free to send me a PM. This is never going to be perfect and things will forever be tweaked with the evolution of Pokemon.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I looked at the info again and noticed there isn't a time limit so hun make it any number you want we'll get there eventually!

that said though what you're doing here is amazing and i have no complaints keep it up!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back