• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VS. Seeker, the irony

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
  • Back when I became active on here, I noticed threads that compared HGSS to Pt. I saw how some complained about the VS. Seeker being a pain, the steps you had to take to charge it especially. It made me wonder, "Are there people nuts?" The VS. Seeker was no problem at all, in fact, it was fun. There were these 3 female trainers just outside the Battle Area who I always trained with.

Now, after HGSS and now BW have had no VS. Seeker, people are longing for it back. Hearing that BW don't have this item have put me off them a bit as I know what a pain it is to level up in HGSS. I started Pokemon with Trainers' Eyes so I've always been used to rematches.

Now my questions, and be honest, where you one of those who didn't favor the VS. Seeker at first but now want it back? Are you one who still doesn't like it. Do you want a new training feature, maybe Trainers' Eyes back? Discuss.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I have loved the Vs. Seeker from the first moment it appeared in FRLG (but I hate FRLG so lol). I complained about HGSS lacking it, since HGSS is probably my favorite. But really, 100 steps is a small price to pay compared to just not having a rematch system at all -cough- Black and White -cough-

Years
  • I have always loved the Vs. Seeker, and I am really sad that it isn't in HGSS :(

It was a great tool for training.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I would like too see a rematch feature in BW(if they don't have one already). Vs. Seeker would be nice because you could rematch any trainer and it is not limited to a certain select about of people. Also I wouldn't have to hear some stupid phone call every 20 minutes.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • Eh,Vs seeker i never used.I just saw it pointless because it took forever to recharge.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • It's not irony. I hated the Vs. Seeker and still do but I'd rather have it than guess which trainers I can verse each day.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I do miss the Vs. Seeker in Emerald. Even though to start with I missed the PokéNav, now I really miss the Vs. Seeker.

In HeartGold and SoulSilver I haven't missed it that much (I've only ever completed those games once, and I levelled up against Gym Leaders using clock manipulation), but in Emerald I miss it a lot.

In Diamond, I've never used it due to lack of post-E4 storyline. However, in Platinum it helps me so much. Particularly as I actually lost to Team Galactic Commanders Mars and Jupiter in Stark Mountain the first time.

So overall, I like the Vs. Seeker, and am very disappointed to find out you can't get it in B/W. However, you can catch lots of evolved pokémon in those games, so that makes up for it.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • I was going to add a poll but internet ran out. I can still do though... Or not xD

Thanks for the comments so far :)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I guess it makes the games harder, but ever since it was introduced in FR/LG, I loved the VS. Seeker! it was SUCH a huge help in FR/LG/D/P/PT, especially training on the trainers around the Battle Frontier in Platinum, I am dissapointed that it was not and is not in Pokémon HG/SS & Pokémon Black & White as it results in alot more grinding and more effort.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • That's why I love Platinum for challenges. It's fast (compared to DP) and it has the Vs. Seeker for quick rematching. What else could a challenge addict ask for ? :/

And yeah, I am really disappointed in this feature not being in HGSS/BW. Now I'll have to grind against wild Pokemon... but maybe the deep grass will help a little...? Dunno. Haven't played BW carefully enough yet.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Dude I effing love the VS. Seeker. I was disappointed when they took that out in Heartgold and now Im hearing that Black and White doesnt have it. Ugh this is going to be soo much fun leveling up (sarcasim lol)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • And yeah, I am really disappointed in this feature not being in HGSS/BW. Now I'll have to grind against wild Pokemon... but maybe the deep grass will help a little...? Dunno. Haven't played BW carefully enough yet.

You get the Exp. Share and the Lucky Egg fairly quickly, and the double grass does make a huge difference, trust me. It's not too bad to level up, but it's still a challenging game. And I'm more or less speaking from a post-game stand point. I found grinding difficult during the main game, but post-game is a lot better with grinding.

Also came back to say that I will cry if the third game for BW doesn't have the Vs. Seeker, since there's so many high level trainers post-game. It'd be greaaat to rematch them.

Years
  • I have always loved the VS Seeker, and I dont get why some people complain about it making it harder to train pokemon, when you can just repeatedly challenge the Elite 4. It just makes it easier to train to the right level for gyms, but I get addicted to training with it at times on Platinum, and I do what I did to my Golem when I was training it to level 50 and ended up with it being level 76.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • The Vs Seeker is boss. It's because you're pretty much in control of who you want to rematch... unlike the other methods where you can only re-battle a preset selection of trainers. And 100 steps to recharge is nothing.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I have loved the VS. Seeker ever since it was introduced. I used it to battle against others whenever I train my Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2012
    I'm also for the VS Seeker. I cannot believe people are complaining about the 100 steps required to recharge the item. Seriously?? Without it grinding is absolutely horrible. And I'm speaking as someone who has played all versions (gosh, I'm old) of the franchise. It's SO boring and tedious battling the same wild Pokemon over and over I'd rather watch paint dry.

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    How could anyone not like the VS Seeker? Not only was it handy, it looked really cool. I was sad it didn't make it in HG/SS and steamed when it wasn't put in B/W either.

They better bring it back come the next main series game.

TehPsychicTypeMaster

"I See Greatness In You..."
    Years
  • Personally, I loved the Vs. Seeker, I helped a lot in grinding experience points for my Pokemon. But I hated that you had to walk a set number of times before it recharged again. It helped me alot when I played Pearl, but I was dissapointed when it was taken out of HeartGold/SoulSilver, it would have def help me level grind when I had to face Red.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I was always a fan of the vs seeker. I usually used it to EV train, like against the magikarp fisherman next to eterna in platinum. It's a pity that it's not returning in B & W. :( :(

Mozarch4

Beginer trainer
    Years
  • yea i loved the the vs seeker but in HGSS its not a big problem that it doesnt have it , caz actually its easy to level up a pokemon in HGSS ,from lvl1 to 50 u can just give him exp share and battle the E4 then when he reaches 50 battle gym leaders over and over again until it reaches 70 and when it does just make him battle E4 and red so yea its easy and quick i got my jolteon from lvl 1 to 70 in two days and not much hours

Back