• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wat do you think needs to be improved across Pokemon Games?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I don't mind random battles much, really... Sure, would be neat to have the ability to change encounter rates, but then we already can clumsily do so - it's called Repel. Lead Pokémon with specific abilities (e.g. Intimidate) also changes it.
    My three year old actually brought this up and it's also my only real complaint. Why in the frickin heck do they have pokemon cries in the game and they say their name in the anime. Get it consistent game freak. At least they did right with pikachu. My kids favorite is scraggy and he got downright pissed when he heard the inaudible prattle that came out from the dex entry.
    Problem is that Game Freak only makes the games - the anime is made by a completely different group of people and they base it off the games with their own changes (e.g. different takes on characterizations, using Ash, their versions of Contests, and how Pokémon act).

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    1. Better Plot and Characters - I want crazy Final Fantasy level of Narrative Ambition

2. Challenge - Level Cap (raised with each new badge) / Better AI / Over-Leveled Pokemon will NEVER obey you...

3. Battle Diversity - like 60% Single 30% Double 10% Other

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    Plot and characters. I wouldn't mind at leas one game aimed at an older age group either.

Jack

ego
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2020
    A way to make the games less grinding.
    It's a long time and it can get really irritating.

Years

Yeah, I agree with you there.

I loved how you could easily access high-EXP gaining Audinos in the Unova games (they can be found in any patch of tall grass, excluding B2/W2's Route 19) which meant you gained loads of EXP just by defeating it. Sadly they took that away in X/Y but we still did get some Battle Chateau trainers using Audinos (sadly they spam Take Down which hits hard) so yeah I'll let that pass.

It was definitely in Johto where level-grinding was terrible because the wild Pokemon were too weak.

Minato Riku

My Japanese Sweetheart
    Years
    Additional 2 SuperBoss PokemonTrainer Ala RED/ASH and Final Fantasy V and VI:advance with opponent's 6 pokemons LvL100,the story plot and different Islands this is bonus content after the main story.....The more harder opponent the more excitement.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
    I'd like it if they'd improved NPC behavior. For example, each time you speak to someone, they'd be saying different phrases instead of the same. This would definitely make games seem less... robotic, I suppose. d:
    This could improve game experience. It makes you feel more immersed in the game and also makes the game less boring. (Imagine a few npcs with some rare easter egg quotes that could be interesting.) I understand the current mechanic though, it's to allow players to back track and find some things like NPCs hinting out a possible hidden item, but after everything is unlocked, the npcs are just plain boring.

My own changes would be for a more improved plot and also some side quests to do other than Gyms and Contests. An npc maybe asking for help catch a pokemon and they can give you some poke and maybe an item.

Burakki Tsuki

Now playing Pokemon again! :D
    Years
    Certainly more then one save would be a great improvement and more double/triple battles. Different game modes, like easy, normal, hard and extreme for the really hardcore players. A legit Co-Op mode would be really cool.

Elements1

Meh
    Years
    As meantioned above, the NPC's need to have something done about them. In the next game I'm hoping at least there can be like 4 different phrases for each NPC and they just switch off saying each phrase. I mean honestly, you can't remember all of them so each time you go back it will be like he/she is saying something new.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
    I definitely would want more things to do after you beat the game. More side quests, missions, stuff like that.

More trainers to battle too to gain experience points as well would be peachy.

Years
    Easier time fighting trainers you fought already (One aspect of X/Y I did not like) and Smarter AI.

Challenge modes would be nice. It was there in BW2 but wasn't as easily accessible especially if you had White 2. Levelling curve in some games is just stupid (i.e. Post-game BW, GSC/HGSS), but at least it's not a recurring theme.

Give me an option to sort my PC box based on name, Pokedex number, and etc. Then my life would absolutely be complete and I would be much more willing to collect each Pokemon - evolutionary stages included.

Still have my fingers crossed for that sometime! And of course, a hard mode (an actual hard mode, not just Pokemon's levels increased by 5 or something) available from the start for those of us who want a challenge. I always breeze through Pokemon games.

Elder

Pokémon Master
    Years
    I'd enjoy a longer story. Most of us know how to successfully maneuver through the games and beat the Elite Four with an effective Pokémon team. Each Pokémon game is a different, exciting experience with each having a new villainous organization (normally) to fend off; although, I'd enjoy seeing something more complex and difficult. Something with an actual challenge. Maybe difficulty levels? Make the likelihood of catching Pokémon harder and more strategy oriented (the use of status conditions as more essential), make shiny Pokémon even more rare to find, make legendaries more rare to find (no legendaries perched up on a mountain anywhere or at their respective location) and harder to catch with no Master Ball to aid you, give NPCs higher leveled Pokemon. Little nit-picky things like that, perhaps. Just some ideas on the top of my head as I came across this thread.

Give me an option to sort my PC box based on name, Pokedex number, and etc. Then my life would absolutely be complete and I would be much more willing to collect each Pokemon - evolutionary stages included.

Wonderful idea, Sheep. I absolutely love this and I would definitely feel more organized and compelled to complete the Pokédex.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years

The exp share being a key item and being able to turn it on and of in X and Y makes grinding easier and so does super training. I do wish they would of brought the rusting grass back cause Audino barely show up in the bushes and there's only bushes on route 6 with weak level 10 Audino. I'd love for more things like that though.

One thing I'd like is the ability to skip certain tutorials. As a person who's played Pokemon for about 15 years , I don't need to know how to catch a Pokemon for the billionth time. I don't need all this hand holding.

Edit: Oh and the VS Seeker needs to come back badly. I have no clue why they got rid of it since it was so helpful with grinding and I love re-battling trainers.

Back