• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Watch out for Ghosts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
Years

I think that the starters are really... terrible. What the heck happened to Rowlet?! Is it in its goth teenage years or something?!

Litten's Evo's pretty cool looking, I guess.

Popplio's though. Why? It looks way too feminine for a Pokémon that's supposed to be 87.5% male.

I'm mostly just disappointed in Rowlet's Evo. It had so much potential. Now it looks like something that would come out of an animated Disney movie.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years

The fact Dartrix looks like a teenager doesn't bother me much... In fact, I've always thought the starters evolution lines represented child - teenager - adult forms, so... Why the hate on Brionne though? The thing looks cute as hell, why can't people accept it ;-;

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years

Went and checked out the new starter evos. They are all ok I guess. None of them particularly disappointed me. But middle forms aren't exactly important, what is important are the final evos.

Years

Last post didn't include the number arghhh

But anyways, starter middle evolutions... Brionne's my fave of the three, but they're all cool. The thing is that I know the leaked final evo art is looking very much likely to be legit now.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

Wow I leave for a bit and how did the whole DCC die? ;-;

I was a bit disappointed in the starter evolutions actually. Litten's cool but pretty bland, Popplio's looks cute but the coloring looks weird and WHY DID OUR CUTE LITTLE BIRD GO EMO? Good thing the final stages make up for them for the full 100%.

Starters are cool and all, but we have the full Dex now. I'm mostly excited about these two fellas here. What about you guys?
    Watch out for Ghosts...
    Watch out for Ghosts...

PageEmp

Years
  • Starters are cool and all, but we have the full Dex now. I'm mostly excited about these two fellas here. What about you guys?
    Watch out for Ghosts...
    Watch out for Ghosts...

Speaking of the new regional bird's line, I just realised something, the first stage was a woodpecker, but the final stage is a toucan, meaning it literally becomes a totally different species upon evolving 0-0. Not that it's weird, but it's actually kind of interesting to point out.

But to me, the most confusing evolution would have to be Clamperl and its evos. A clam evolving into 2 eels, whut? So for a new conversation what do you guys think is the most confusing evo line?

Years

Apparently woodpeckers and toucans belong to the same line of birds.

Also, I miss Revise... this section feels so dead lately.

PageEmp

Years

Apparently woodpeckers and toucans belong to the same line of birds.

Also, I miss Revise... this section feels so dead lately.

I never realised he hasn't been around lately until you mentioned it ;-;. When did he go? Probably before I returned?

Years

He was last active on the 7th. Said he was hit by a storm or something.

Someone will have to take over WTP should he not come back, that's a question.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years

Someone from a long long time ago asked, who would be Gen 7's "Gardevoir". Well Alola sure delivers with:

Watch out for Ghosts...

and surprisingly, i like its design. I like the smug look on her face. Heck, i like her name as well. Tsareena, an obvious pun to the Russian empress title.

Should i ever catch a Bounsweet in the efforts of raising it into a Tsareena, I'll definitely name it "Natasha" or "Aurelia", because a creature of such high class, elegance, grace, and probably nice legs as well deserve such a name of high nobility and character.

Years

Well I do know Bounsweet is my confirmed Alola Grass-type following the reveal of Tsareena. Considering the Budew line (which has been my usual Grass-type line) is not found in Alola, I'm glad to actually be using an entirely new Grass-type for a change.

Lycanthropy

Years

Tbh I was quite surprised to hear Tsareena isn't a Fairy type, it deserves the type a lot more than Whimsicott. Also I wonder if it's going to be female exclusive or if male Tsareena exist as well.

Speaking of the new regional bird's line, I just realised something, the first stage was a woodpecker, but the final stage is a toucan, meaning it literally becomes a totally different species upon evolving 0-0. Not that it's weird, but it's actually kind of interesting to point out.

But to me, the most confusing evolution would have to be Clamperl and its evos. A clam evolving into 2 eels, whut? So for a new conversation what do you guys think is the most confusing evo line?

Has it been confirmed actually that the tucan is an evolution of the woodpecker? They don't really look that much alike, could it be a separate line or is that too coincidental for them to be next to each other?

I always thought the most far-fetched evolution was Remoraid into Octillery, changing both the species and the entire color scheme. But Clamperl might even be weirder. I must admit though, I like an evolution that overhauls the entire Pokémon a lot more than one that looks exactly the same. (Looking at you, Poliwrath. >_>)

Years

I think the reason behind Pikipek's final evolution being a toucan might be because woodpeckers and toucans are from the same line of birds.

Lycanthropy

Years

That might very well be possible. A cool variant on the toucans are hornbills, which surprisingly are less related to toucans than woodpeckers. It'd be cool to see these as well.
    Spoiler:

For you who plan to play SM, do you already have an idea what Pokémon you're going to use?

Years

Well Popplio and Bounsweet are confirmed. Maybe Midnight Lycanroc, Alolan Raichu and Salandit? Going with mostly a new gen/Alola Forms team here, and for good reason since I don't like most of the older Pokemon in the Alola regional Dex.

PageEmp

Years

The water starter's final evo looks awesome so for sure I will pick that. I don't know any other confirmed mons, I'd personally rather see more info before deciding my actual planned team.

Years

Well, there is a new trailer coming out soon. We'll get official info on some of these leaked Pokemon such as names, types and abilities.

Lycanthropy

Years

A bunch of new stuff in the trailer. I was pretty surprised to see the owl evolve into a Grass/Ghost type, and its signature move sounds pretty useful as well.
    And I must say, the island guardians look really cool. They look alike, just like the lake guardians, but are on the other side completely different.

Well Popplio and Bounsweet are confirmed. Maybe Midnight Lycanroc, Alolan Raichu and Salandit? Going with mostly a new gen/Alola Forms team here, and for good reason since I don't like most of the older Pokemon in the Alola regional Dex.

Sounds like a well-balanced team. Myself, I'm thinking of Lycanroc, Sandshrew, Pikipek, Wimpod, Sandygast and probably Rowlet.

The water starter's final evo looks awesome so for sure I will pick that. I don't know any other confirmed mons, I'd personally rather see more info before deciding my actual planned team.

Yeah, that works too. Most of the time I pick my Pokémon based on their designs. Which admittedly doesn't work very well in situations such as when you think Ariados is a good choice for a Pokémon on your team.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back