• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Watch out for Ghosts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years

I think Decidueye has sealed Rowlet being the popular one, with Primarina being second most popular, and poor Incineroar's typing wasn't enough to have its design cause Litten to be the least chosen starter.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

Cat fanatics and/or pyromaniacs will probably still pick Litten over the other two so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Someone should make a poll over in SM once the game actually comes out. It'd be interesting to make a little pie chart on it.

Years

I voted in a Strawpoll for the Alola starters when browsing Tumblr and unsurprisingly Rowlet has a huge lead, with Litten and Popplio tied behind it. Still feeling the overall popularity will be this - Rowlet as most popular, Popllio being second, and Litten being the least popular.

I'm also assuming Sun will be the most chosen of the two versions based on me seeing more people prefer Lycanroc's Midday form over its Midnight form. The mascot legendaries I feel are more 50-50, along with Oranguru/Passimian.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years

Its same to assume that those staring their adventure with Rowlett won't have any regrets considering how cool it looks. But that Type change from Grass/Flying to Grass/Ghost was something that I didn't expect. That signature move it has though is pretty neat.

For you who plan to play SM, do you already have an idea what Pokémon you're going to use?

Litten and obviously most of the new Gen and Alola forms exclusively, then building a team around it. Oh and Tsareena's obviously in my team for very obvious reasons.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years

I think Rowlet is the most popular, but Ive always still loved Poplio best and I love its cute evos theyre amazing. QAQ I actually cried when I saw the trailer though that was more in relation to the whole Wally and Red and Blue thing. And Cosmog is great. Amen.

Ive still seen a lot of love for Litten's line, especially because of its typing. Actually saw someone talking about its typing possibly being dark for reasons and I believed it and it was dark typed God bless. My sister likes Litten best still too. All I know is Primarina is a gift. Also if I could get a lesson on how to prounonce Rowlet's evos that would be great aha..

Ive planned my team out and while I usually feel bad about doing that especially in the first run Im actually realllly happy with this.~ Popplio, Alola Vulpix, Togedemaru, Pikipek, Rockruff, and I did have Jangmo-o on there but Cosmog wINS. If I absolutely cant get one of them before the end of the main game I'm using Jangmo-o and maybe some other unannounced Pokemon.

Lol I thought Rockruff would be the normal type Rattata of the region but its pure Rock and Yungoose was thrown at us and thats just even better that it worked out like that. They tend to make those "Rattatas" too weak for a lot of the game but strong against others in the beginning, Im glad Rockruff might stand a better chance.

Years

My planned team seems to be new Pokemon and Alola Forms. Granted, there are not many past-gen Pokemon I like in the Alola regional Dex.

Years

I'm still debating on using Raichu or Ninetales for my Alola Form. I can get the former very early (Pichu are like on the first route) while the latter I have to wait for Ula'Ula Island with its snow capped mountain. Ice/Fairy typing on Ninetales will also be redundant with my future Water/Fairy Primarina.

Lycanthropy

Years

I'm not entirely sure what my team would be. There are enough cool Gen VII Pok?mon and Alolan forms to fill one, so I definitely stick to those. Lycanroc and Alolan Sandslash are a must, but I haven't decided about the rest. I'm thinking maybe Pikipek, Wimpod, Sandygast and Salandit. But Rowlet, Marowak, Vikavolt, Minior, Oranguru, Cosmog and Jangmo-o are all so cool too and aargh I don't know.

Also if I could get a lesson on how to prounonce Rowlet's evos that would be great aha..

https://vocaroo.com/i/s13KKISMBv0c

Ive planned my team out and while I usually feel bad about doing that especially in the first run Im actually realllly happy with this.~ Popplio, Alola Vulpix, Togedemaru, Pikipek, Rockruff, and I did have Jangmo-o on there but Cosmog wINS. If I absolutely cant get one of them before the end of the main game I'm using Jangmo-o and maybe some other unannounced Pokemon.

That sounds like a pretty cool team. I don't think there are many unannounced Pok?mon left from what they gathered from datamining. Bar legendaries and evolutions, we only have another electric spider, something that looks like an anchor and something I have no idea what it is.
    Spoiler:

I'm still debating on using Raichu or Ninetales for my Alola Form. I can get the former very early (Pichu are like on the first route) while the latter I have to wait for Ula'Ula Island with its snow capped mountain. Ice/Fairy typing on Ninetales will also be redundant with my future Water/Fairy Primarina.

Ninetales would be a good choice to counter grass types that might threaten your starter, but its Fairy typing would be a bit redundant with Primarina on your team. Raichu would be an excellent choice for the water routes that the region undoubtedly will have (island region: too much water?) and Psychic is a really cool bonus as well.

Years

I do have Salandit in mind for the team (since I go with a Grass/Fire/Water trio, which Primarina and Tsareena are already covering Water and Grass) since it's the only good Alola Fire-type outside of starters. Poison and Fire does counter Grass a lot.

Lycanthropy

Years

My team still lacks Grass, but with Wimpod, I think I can manage at least against Rock and Ground types. Water might still be a problem challenge.

Alolan Marowak is a pretty badass alternative for a Fire type. Or you could start with Litten instead, but that's probably out of option for you. Right, Nichole? :)

Years

Incineroar is actually my least fave of the final evolutions for the starters, if I had to rank them. Besides I wanted a majestic female-appealing Water starter for so many generations now and there are not a lot of good Water-types as far as new Pokemon options are concerned. Most of my planned team seems to be available as early as Melemele or Akala Island, which isn't bad.

Lycanthropy

Years

Incineroar is actually my least fave of the final evolutions for the starters, if I had to rank them. Besides I wanted a majestic female-appealing Water starter for so many generations now and there are not a lot of good Water-types as far as new Pokemon options are concerned. Most of my planned team seems to be available as early as Melemele or Akala Island, which isn't bad.

Wait, we already know where all the Pokémon live? Is that because of the demo?

Years

Yes, the dataminers also leaked the regional Dex and coloured the pic into sections for each island - Yellow (Melemele), Pink (Akala), Red (Ula'Ula) and Purple (Poni).

Years

Who thinks the latest Sun & Moon trailer (aka official reveal of Alola starter final stages, Tapu guardians and Cosmog) might be the last trailer we'll get before release? Or do you think we'll get one more next month?

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years

*peeks in and shuffles away* :3
    also i think we have one more trailer to go probably :o

MonEvolutions

Harry Potter Lover
    Years
    I'm honestly hoping for more trailers because getting all of that data from the data-mining has made me hope there would be more.

Years

I loved watching how TheOneIntegral was speculating the types of all the datamine leaked Pokemon. He did get Incineroar's Fire/Dark, Primarina's Water/Fairy and Tapu Lele's Psychic/Fairy typings right as far as what was revealed in the latest trailer went. He did also at least predict Cosmog correctly being at least a Psychic-type, though he didn't expect pure Psychic.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back