• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Watch out for Ghosts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    100 - I think that combination would be pretty hilarious, and pretty fun. Reminds me of Volcanion, which is Fire/Water. I can't wait to see how that plays.

I'm a spooky Giratina! :D

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    BOO!

Gonna build up one more Regular Ghost before I stop BOO-ing for a while. :D

I think that combination would be pretty hilarious, and pretty fun.

Yup, I think so too! But since it got buried at the bottom of the last page, I'll say it again.

What would you guys think if the three starters in Gen 7 were Grass/Fire, Fire/Water, and Water/Grass?

I'm a spooky Giratina! :D

Gotcha! ^^

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    4 - I think it's possible, even it it isn't a starter. (I think the dynamic of having them be starters would be a lot of fun, versus just regular Pokemon.)

What if it were switched up a little? What if Grass/Water, Fire/Grass, and Water/Fire? (Slightly different, but the secondary types got switched around.)

Meadow

Years

I also think having starters of those combinations would make for some very interesting rival battles. I would want the games to have two rivals so that all the combinations can be played.

I think it can be done. Look at Volcanion: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Volcanion_(Pokémon)#Type_effectiveness

It still has weaknesses.

You know what's cool? I think they would all have the same number of weaknesses, too!

Grass/Fire - Poison, Flying, and Rock
    Fire/Water - Ground, Rock, and Electric
    Water/Grass - Flying, Poison, and Bug

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    8 - Oh, oh, oh! What if the starters were monotyped, but their mega-evolutions took on those second types! Huh? Wouldn't that be cool?

So your grass starter could go "flame on" and mega evolve into a firey force to be reckoned with, like a chili pepper!

Meadow

Years

Oh, oh, oh! What if the starters were monotyped, but their mega-evolutions took on those second types! Huh? Wouldn't that be cool?

So your grass starter could go "flame on" and mega evolve into a firey force to be reckoned with, like a chili pepper!

That sounds mega cool indeed (no pun intended), but a part of me would still probably wish that they always had those secondary types, haha.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017

That sounds mega cool indeed (no pun intended), but a part of me would still probably wish that they always had those secondary types, haha.

What if the grass started represented the earth and had a leafy exterior, but a molten hot interior?

The fire/water starter could have something to with steam. It makes steam?

And the water/grass starter can be a tropical animal, from a famous island. (Hawaii, New Zealand, Galapagos?)

Meadow

Years

What if the grass started represented the earth and had a leafy exterior, but a molten hot interior?

The fire/water starter could have something to with steam. It makes steam?

And the water/grass starter can be a tropical animal, from a famous island. (Hawaii, New Zealand, Galapagos?)

Not bad! I'm really liking the sound of these. ^^

How about their signature attacks (power/effects), or even their names? Does anyone have any ideas? :D

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    How about their signature attacks (power/effects), or even their names? Does anyone have any ideas? :D

Well for the grass/fire starter, if we keep the theme of it representing the earth, it can possibly use Eruption or Lava Plume. (Volcano)

For the Fire/Water, perhaps Steam Eruption?

And for Water/Grass, maybe Petal Blizzard or Solar Beam?

Last edited:

Meadow

Years

Well for the grass/fire starter, if we keep the theme of it representing the earth, it can possibly use Eruption or Lava Plume. (Volcano)

For the Fire/Water, perhaps Steam Eruption?

And for Water/Grass, maybe Petal Blizzard or Solar Beam?

That makes sense! But hmm, do you think they might also have brand new signature moves?

I still feel there should be a water electric starter.

Sounds interesting! What do you imagine it'll be based on? Would a jellyfish qualify as Water/Electric?

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years

Sounds interesting! What do you imagine it'll be based on? Would a jellyfish qualify as Water/Electric?

I believe it could! Then you have your eels and rays... There's the electric ray, for example. :) Granted, it is a little odd-looking... Anyway, I imagine there are a number of ocean critters out there that could qualify, only I can't quite see them as starters hehe.

I for one would love to see a Fire/Fairy starter! Also, they've made Fire/Fighting and Grass/Fighting, but no Water/Fighting yet! That might be interesting. :)

All in all, it's hard to say, considering there are so many cool typing possibilities!

Meadow

Years

One of those evil man o wars >.>

Like from Dragon Quest? Haha, yeah. xD

I believe it could! Then you have your eels and rays... There's the electric ray, for example. :) Granted, it is a little odd-looking... Anyway, I imagine there are a number of ocean critters out there that could qualify, only I can't quite see them as starters hehe.

I for one would love to see a Fire/Fairy starter! Also, they've made Fire/Fighting and Grass/Fighting, but no Water/Fighting yet! That might be interesting. :)

All in all, it's hard to say, considering there are so many cool typing possibilities!

Yup, eels and rays are out there too, as you said! But then what if Game Freak wanted to boggle our minds, and decided to make it a machine instead? Like maybe a submarine Pokémon? xD

Watch out for Ghosts...

Fire/Fairy and Water/Fighting sound really interesting too! Now I wonder what they might be based on. :o

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back