• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Watch out for Ghosts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years

Ya linoone can be pretty powerful if you use it right, i never found the use of an hm slave in any of my games (except for bibarel sorry but that thing can learn everything but fly)

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

Vine Whip! It's so good in the anime yet it's shit in the games

I agree! At least they improved it a bit in Generation VI, but I still wish it was better than that. <__<

Linoone is my favourite out of all the starter rodents, it can actually learn some decent moves.

YES! And it's super-cute, too! <3

I never used an HM slave, I just spread out the HM moves through my team

I used to do this as well, but then I eventually got sick of wasting move slots on my team members. :c

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    45 - Except for Surf, I don't really use HMs unless I *need* to right now. So, I just keep a few Pokemon in the PC for just that occasion. Some are loaded up with HMs, some just have one or two. I try not to think of them as slaves, but HMs are their only purpose. They fulfill it well, and for that, I am grateful. They usually get a lot of levels and amie affection too, so it's not as if they're unloved.

Years
    46 I find moves like cut aren't really needed later in the game so I just delete it and replace with something else if that's the case.

Meadow

Years

I honestly just wish that Cut never existed in the first place... Like, it's completely redundant by design, let alone its use in battle. >.<

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years

Yea HMs are bad. Well, except surf, waterfall, I guess strength and rock clim. And yea I think cut is the weakest of them.

Meadow

Years

I also miss being able to cut the grass, haha.

And I remember Rock Climb! I wasn't fond of its accuracy, but it was a pretty fun move to use! :D

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    53 - Rock climb had a really neat animation in Gen 4! Defog was a weird HM that they briefly had.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years

ayyyyy.. What? I didnt not get on yesterdya pft youre crazy...

I like Waterfall and Surf, but the other hms just take up a slot imo... Flash is ok if you plan on keeping Sand Attack the whole time but you never know what moves youll want to teach your Pokemon, even if you look it up. i feel really bad for teaching Cut to a dead Pokemon in a nuzlocke instead of my then only living Pokemkn that could learn it just because I didnt want Partrat to be semi useleess QwQ;;

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

Surf and Waterfall are solid moves but I am not a fan of HMs in general.

In my Heart Gold Grass Monotype I caught a Shiny Golduck. Since it isn't a Grass Type I couldn't use it on my team but I could use him as a HM Helper....

blue

gucci
    Years

The only HM move I find useful is Surf, it acts as a powerful Water move and it's probably the most used HM for getting around. Waterfall is good too, obviously if you have a physical attacker then it's beneficial to use Waterfall over Surf.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back