• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Watch out for Ghosts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmin3033

Cameos are usually fun! My favourite thing about the fifth generation games was that Cynthia was in them. I wish they'd stop bringing Looker back, though...I can't stand him =/

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years

966dbb89f86f612fcb58a4dde6385c38df88ba63e170c5c076699b6afd288390.jpg

I still love Looker so much, im glad hes still here, but it feels like theyre leaving him in Hoenn at least for a little while. At least ive got pokespe bw2 for current Looker adventures..

I looove cameos, but was (sm spoiler) Colress needed. QwQ;; i just felt mildly uncomfortable about it for some reason. But Red and Blue in it was a gift, beautiful. Although maybe Green/Leaf couldve been added too... :/

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

I looove cameos, but was (sm spoiler) Colress needed. QwQ;; i just felt mildly uncomfortable about it for some reason.

LOL, I had the exact same reaction about Colress! xD I was like "wait, why is he even here?" And after he left, I could've sworn he was going to reveal himself as part of the Aether Foundation (or at least some sort of antagonist), but apparently his role in the main story ended there... It was really weird. O_o

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
    LOL, I had the exact same reaction about Colress! xD I was like "wait, why is he even here?" And after he left, I could've sworn he was going to reveal himself as part of the Aether Foundation (or at least some sort of antagonist), but apparently his role in the main story ended there... It was really weird. O_o

I couldve sworn I saw him later in the game, maybe post game? I dont remember its been a minute, but I think he still hs another small spot somewhere.

pkmin3033

I dunno if cameos like this necessarily have to make any sense...otherwise they would have had a job explaining the PWT in B2W2. xD

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

I dunno if cameos like this necessarily have to make any sense...otherwise they would have had a job explaining the PWT in B2W2. xD

If I remember correctly everyone's presence at the PWT was explained by Cynthia saying everyone was invited for a tournament.

Of course that still leaves the question of why nobody questioned why Rocket Boss and known villain Giovanni was allowed to enter without anybody reacting.

pkmin3033

...and meanwhile, the societies of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh all collapse because their Gym Leaders/Elite 4 have irresponsibly abandoned their positions to take part in a tournament. xD

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

That's true ahaha, but Colress kinda caught me off guard in Sun & Moon because of how early he appeared in the story, only to not play any sort of role after that appearance. =p (Though I believe Flare is right about being able to find him during postgame!)

On the other hand, the PWT felt more like a bonus kind of thing, so it had "CAMEOS FOR THE SAKE OF CAMEOS" written all over it, heh. xD

By the way, any chances to revive the Pokémon Choice Quest? T'was pretty interesting but somehow died.

I miss Choice Quest too. =/ Gonna poke Lycan about it after he's all set with his WTP event!

pkmin3033

That's true ahaha, but Colress kinda caught me off guard in Sun & Moon because of how early he appeared in the story, only to not play any sort of role after that appearance. =p (Though I believe Flare is right about being able to find him during postgame!)

On the other hand, the PWT felt more like a bonus kind of thing, so it had "CAMEOS FOR THE SAKE OF CAMEOS" written all over it, heh. xD
    I never got that far, I just couldn't stand the games. xD
    I'd quite like to see a villain return in the games though, honestly...I think Cyrus would be best, but he seems the least likely, since in Platinum at least he got what he wanted. He is an odd choice for appearing though, since 90% of S/M is a callback to the 1st Gen...you would have thought one of the Rocket admins, or a travelling Giovanni himself, would have been more likely.

Honestly, I only played Black 2 for the PWT. I loved the remixed battle themes and taking on all of the old Gym Leaders/E4 again!

pkmin3033

Given how absolutely awful BW were in my opinion, I'd definitely agree B2W2 were a vast improvement...I actually enjoyed Black 2 in places.

Trainer 766

I gotta agree that Black/White is awful, never a fan of it. Glad they made Black 2/White 2.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

I never get the hate for BW. It had possibly the best story in the series and a genuinely evil villain in Ghetsis. The all-new Pokedex was a brave move but people were just too attached to the old Pokemon which is why it didn't go down so well. N's team being laughably weak didn't help either.

B2W2 for me are still the best games in the series with the best post-game, solid story and even a difficulty mode although the difficulty mode was not as well implemented as it should have been.

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
    Years

BW might looked much more inferior especially when people played B2W2 firstly, but remember that game was the starting point which gives many ideas about improvements that can be done.

Also, R.I.P. Route 10.

Trainer 766

One of the few things I dislike about BW is the male trainer's sprite, overworld or whatever, it looks plain ugly, especially with that hat, the clothes. They're just purely ugly.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Alright guys I just returned to my Light Platinum nuzrun, and something...happened.
    Spoiler:

Yes. No joke. I got the freaking pokerus.
    I have no idea who got it first but somehow it happened.
    And apparently getting this thing is rarer than finding shinies.
    Too bad it isn't a cartrige run. Why must all the good things happen in my hack runs...

Oh and to contribute to the topic about BW1 it was....okay. Nothing to write home about but it was fair enough. Though I havent played the gen5 games in years so my opinion might change.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back