• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Watch out for Ghosts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

I'm also picking Moon! I love Lunala and the reversed time thing (I can play at night time in the game, during the day *-*) and the version exclusives of Moon (from what we know so far) are the most appealing to me (That Ultra-Beast! I prefer a giant cockroach rather than a mosquito with steroids xD)

Hmm... I still need to decide which version I want! ;_; I'm usually a party-pooper, so I'd always wait until after the games are released so I can compare every last detail, ahaha. I'm probably gonna spoil all of the Pokémon for myself before I actually play it, just so I can make up my mind. :P

I'm quite surprised we still haven't seen a dolphin Pokémon yet to be honest. Like, there are so many water Pokémon, but when there is a new one... oh look, another fish. There are so many other aquatic animals we haven't yet: narwhal, swordfish, hammerhead shark, platypus (NO GOLDUCK IS NOT A PLATYPUS). But maybe hopefully, with the amount of water in Alola?

Ooh yeah, I definitely want to see a hammerhead shark Pokémon, haha. I mean, I already love Sharpedo, but it can't hurt to have another shark. :3

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years

Sharpedo has only a head and Garchomp is a land Pokemon and not water typed, I think another water typed shark would be great??

And gamefreak does listen, it just takes them a while to fit what we want into the games. :'/ dolphin will come

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

Alola sure looks like a region with a lot of biodiversity. From what we've seen so far, there's no doubt we will see more new Pokémon inspired by some "rare" species, or other commun species we haven't had yet (such as the dolphin). I'm just so excited about these games. I just want to explore the **** of that region and appreciate the views (especially at night time OMG)

I really like that they're giving some of the Pokémon less obvious typings. Like Crabrawler could easily have been yet another water type crab, but instead it allows a fighting type to live on the beach as not too repeat the "too much water" near the end of Hoenn. :D

Hmm... I still need to decide which version I want! ;_; I'm usually a party-pooper, so I'd always wait until after the games are released so I can compare every last detail, ahaha. I'm probably gonna spoil all of the Pokémon for myself before I actually play it, just so I can make up my mind. :P

Well, I'm sure you're going to be able to get the other version exclusives via a trade. So then the only question remains: Solgaleo or Lunaala?

Ooh yeah, I definitely want to see a hammerhead shark Pokémon, haha. I mean, I already love Sharpedo, but it can't hurt to have another shark. :3

You say it, shark. :P

Last edited:

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
    Years

While those two Rockruff's evolutions getting cool enough, I'm pretty much afraid they became a nice furry bait after Lucario and Zoroark. :c

Lycanthropy

Years

Two months are way too long. Why are they doing this to us...

Also, I just found out "Lunala" is only spelled with two A's. I've been spelling it wrong all the time.

Meadow

Years

Well, I'm sure you're going to be able to get the other version exclusives via a trade. So then the only question remains: Solgaleo or Lunaala?

I can also get the opposite legendary from a trade, right? :P In that case, I'll probably have to decide from the sunlight/moonlight gimmick, which I still haven't read about yet. xD

You say it, shark. :P

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE :D

Years

I think I'm still happy with Moon as I'll most likely play at night which means it'll be day in the game which I think will be best for the most part as it's such a vibrant looking region! Just can't wait! ^^

Lycanthropy

Years

Have you actually been spelling Lunala as Lanala???????

No, I'm not that illiterate. If you scroll up a bit, you notice I spelled it as "Lunaala" the whole time.

EDIT: Of course this post becomes a new page, so read "scroll up" as "look back on the last page".

I can also get the opposite legendary from a trade, right? :P In that case, I'll probably have to decide from the sunlight/moonlight gimmick, which I still haven't read about yet. xD

Surely, but when there's only one to obtain it's going to be a lot harder to find somebody willing to give theirs away.

And that's simple. The time between Sun and Moon is twelve hours apart. So when it's day in Sun, it's night in Moon. Sun uses the real time, I believe.

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE :D

:DDDDD

Meadow

Years

Surely, but when there's only one to obtain it's going to be a lot harder to find somebody willing to give theirs away.

Luckily, I know plenty of people who don't care much for Legendaries, so there's a decent chance it wouldn't be too hard to get one! ...Oh wait, I'm one of those people, oops. I would trade any mascot Legendaries for a Sewaddle, Fletchling, or Excadrill. xP

As for the time differences in the games... now THAT'S gonna be hard to decide on. =(

Lycanthropy

Years

Luckily, I know plenty of people who don't care much for Legendaries, so there's a decent chance it wouldn't be too hard to get one! ...Oh wait, I'm one of those people, oops. I would trade any mascot Legendaries for a Sewaddle, Fletchling, or Excadrill. xP

As for the time differences in the games... now THAT'S gonna be hard to decide on. =(

I'm sure I can catch you a Sewaddle. :D Aaaand then probably end up just boxing the legendary since I don't care much either.

If it helps you anything, some version exclusives have been revealed today. You can chose between this monkey Pokémon and this other monkey Pokémon. Also, Rockruff's evolution appears to be dependent on the game. So do you want the wolf or the other super badass evil werewolf?

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2017

I'm getting both but I think I'll be playing Sun first. Just since that's the one that I decided on the moment they were both announced haha.

Meadow

Years

I might be leaning towards Sun as well, since I prefer the Midday Form of Lycanroc over its Midnight Form, heh. I know for sure that I'm definitely catching a Rockruff, so that part does matter to me!

Also, I really like the new Trainer Customization options that were revealed today! I wasn't expecting much at first, so this came as a nice surprise! :D

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
    Years

I'm getting the feeling that Midday Lycanroc is gonna be a solid counter for Talonflame, both in Sandstorm or not. Now all we need to know is how great it's Attack stat would turn out to be.

Meadow

Years

Yup, I'm hoping it'll at least have a decent Attack stat! I actually don't play Pokémon competitively, but still. xP

Anyway, until more news is released, I figured we could use another topic to keep things fresh! How do you guys think of the Kalos games? Do you wish there was some sort of a follow-up, such as a Z Version?

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
    Years

I have yet to play the 6th Gen. If I had a 3DS, I would be really glad so that I can join in the true fun. It's not like I can always afford what I can't really get in my current state. :/
    At first, Pokémon Z is a possible reference that it may become the sister game of both X and Y, just like how Emerald pulled it out both Ruby and Sapphire. It turns out that it didn't happen and instead Sun and Moon Trailer came. At least Zygarde will get his great debut in 7th Gen.

By the way, I'm still not sure with the whole Pokémon Rainbow back then. Is that actually Sun/Moon, probably another side project or judt a hoax?

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2017

The Kalos games are fun and I enjoy using them for challenges. Though I've yet to actually complete the current challenge that I have on my Y oops. I'd get to it before Sun/Moon but between that, the playthrough i have on Platinum, and Yellow and the lack of time I have for any of 'em I doubt nay of them will be completed before Sun/Moon.

But I will definitely be playing Sun/Moon when they come out yay hype.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back