• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weed?

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    So I need to do weed and risk addiction(everything you listed can be addictive as well, except for maybe getting tattoos)just to make an "informed decision"? That's like saying(using one of your examples)"Go have sex and see if you like it. You might get an STD but who cares, at least next time around you can make an INFORMED DECISION.
    *goes and has another beer*

You're so naive it's hilarious. Weed first of all is not addictive any way whatsoever, you want to do it to have fun again and stuff, but your body doesn't crave it like tobacco, nicotine, and other worse drugs like Cocaine or Meth,

And in sex if you use a condom you will never get an STD unless it breaks ... and only then if your partner has the STD too. And based on your thinking, then you should NEVER have sex because you might get an STD! What that guy is saying is right, you just don't have all the facts.

Years

Good post, fully agree.

To me it makes no difference if it stays illegal or not. People will abuse it if its legalised, just like people abuse it at the moment.

It is true, People will make any excuse to smoke, just like people will make every excuse to get drunk and/or party. Especially the medical benefits part. Not that it's bad, it's just that some people prefer to smoke for the sake of smoking. =/

So I need to do weed and risk addiction(everything you listed can be addictive as well, except for maybe getting tattoos)just to make an "informed decision"? That's like saying(using one of your examples)"Go have sex and see if you like it. You might get an STD but who cares, at least next time around you can make an INFORMED DECISION.
    *goes and has another beer*

The last part... wow. I'm speechless. That was amazingly... amusing. There's a huge difference between common sense [which is not so common :p] and trying something such as weed/pot/whatever the kiddies call it these days. I'm not pro-pot nor anti-pot, I'm neutral because as I said, some problems may arise from it. And for the people saying weed isn't taxable... of course it's taxable. It's more of a double-edged sword along with alcohol and cigarettes. I prefer not paying any more taxes when I get a job in the future. :p

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    well i can't stand weed- i've never done it, but i've seen what it's done to the people i would take a bullet for- it made me hate them- it turned them into people i would put a bullet in- BUT i'm sure if it's legal, they'll just find something else to do- it's just a thing about rebellion

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
    Actually, no.

That's like saying "So many people think Arabs are terrorists, so they are", "Mexicans are all lazy", or "Jewish people just want $$$"

Definitely not true. It's because of how people have been told to look at marijuana without even bothering to try it themselves to see if it's true. Some people even compare marijuana to cocaine and heroine, when it's really not like that at all. Drug dealers don't even view marijuana as a drug and neither do the people imprisoned for cocaine possession.

Cigarettes are more harmful than marijuana. Some people believe one joint = 15 cigarettes, but as I mentioned before, that's only possible if you really, really cake in the tobacco. Otherwise, it's relatively harmless, especially if you ingest it, say, in a brownie. Then your lungs definitely won't be affected, and nei' your stomach.

When I was growing up, movies, television, and people told me marijuana was a dangerous drug that caused people to become violent. Is that true? No. Quite the contrary. The only reason so many people think it's a bad drug is because it's set up to look that way, so a crapload of people will oppose it if ever people were to band together and try to appeal the ban on weed. If people think marijuana is the same or worse than cocaine, and makes people violent, they're less likely to want it legalized, and then the paper and clothing companies won't be at risk.

See?

Oh. I guess you're right. But then how are we supposed to know what's dangerous and what's not?

Years
    You're so naive it's hilarious. Weed first of all is not addictive any way whatsoever, you want to do it to have fun again and stuff, but your body doesn't crave it like tobacco, nicotine, and other worse drugs like Cocaine or Meth,

And in sex if you use a condom you will never get an STD unless it breaks ... and only then if your partner has the STD too. And based on your thinking, then you should NEVER have sex because you might get an STD! What that guy is saying is right, you just don't have all the facts.

QFT

Oh. I guess you're right. But then how are we supposed to know what's dangerous and what's not?

Research and the likes, and taking everything the government tell you with a pinch of salt.

Also, this thread needs a graph:

Weed?

As you can see, both tobacco and alcohol worse on both fronts.

Don't advise heroin though. lol.

Last edited:

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years

Like Sneeze said, Research a bit. I don't recommend Wikipedia, because it says a lot of bullcrap about a lot of drugs (marijuana does not make you hallucinate, become stupid, or violent. It makes you hungry, tired, and you react a bit slower under the effect. You also laugh at everything - it's a very happy "drug"). Don't believe everything that's said on television, either. Most of it is bullcrap. Always do your own research apart.

I have experience ingesting orally unlaced hash (which is just weed, but baked). You feel tired. You feel hungry. You laugh at everything. Games and music are louder and more fun. You're calm, tired, and you look at even the worst of problems as if they're nothing - if you can even think about it at all, since you're too busy just enjoying the effect. You think a different way with cannabis' effect grasping you, but it's a positive way. You certainly do not want to go outside and start killing everyone. Long-term effects on the brain? None, really. Other effects? Weight gain (you eat a lot, remember? lol), temporary difficulty with simple mathematics, and red eyes.

Sneeze's graph is pretty accurate; the only physical harm joints might do to you is something with your teeth / lungs, but that's to be expected since most joints contain tobacco, too. Even if not, you're still smoking it, so. It's definitely not as bad as tobacco.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Weeds are terrible. I hate when they prevent other plants from growing. Yes, they need to stay illegal otherwise we won't have good gardens and God won't be happy with that.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    It should stay illegal...I HATE that my friends are planning to bring "special" brownies to school this week...

And I was talking to my friend about this guy I like and I asked him why he was friends with him and his reply was "Anyone who sells me drugs is my friend." When a 14 year old is saying that about a 15 year old, something is wrong there. At least I think so...

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Is he just doing it for fun or..?

There's nothing wrong with wanting the effect, since it isn't really harmful. If it were legal, he wouldn't think it's cool, and there would be no "dealers" really. Legalizing it would probably be better in your situation; of course, I think legalization should come with an 18+ age law on it, but at least your friend might not be as rebellious.

Years
    It should stay illegal...I HATE that my friends are planning to bring "special" brownies to school this week...

And I was talking to my friend about this guy I like and I asked him why he was friends with him and his reply was "Anyone who sells me drugs is my friend." When a 14 year old is saying that about a 15 year old, something is wrong there. At least I think so...

Only 14? That's sad. And special brownies to school? Oh gosh, this is why I dislike the majority of teenagers. They all want to be so "cool". -.-
    I don't care if someone does drugs, but when a person is too young, then that's a problem as well. =/

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years

Only 14? That's sad. And special brownies to school? Oh gosh, this is why I dislike the majority of teenagers. -.-
    I don't care if someone does drugs, but when a person is too young, then that's a problem as well. =/

That's tweens and mid-teens. They think it's cool and badass, and that chick's like a badass dude. Apparently doing something that people think is harmful and know is illegal makes you badass and attractive.

Hrm. Twisted.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    Yes, 14.

And he is making special brownies to bring to school probably tomorrow. I don't know if I should tell someone or not...cause that's really sad...

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Yes, 14.
    And he is making special brownies to bring to school probably tomorrow. I don't know if I should tell someone or not...cause that's really sad...

That is sad.

If he does, it won't harm anyone, so it's not like it's going to kill anyone or cause a violence outbreak, or a sudden shrill scream in the middle of class.

You might want to talk to him about it. Regardless, kids should focus on school, not a semi-jolly effect from a plant.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    That is sad.

If he does, it won't harm anyone, so it's not like it's going to kill anyone or cause a violence outbreak, or a sudden shrill scream in the middle of class.

You might want to talk to him about it. Regardless, kids should focus on school, not a semi-jolly effect from a plant.

Yeah. But on 4:20, a bunch of guys came to school high and got ISS for a few days...I tried talking to him about it when we were going out and he was like "If you don't change for me I'm not changing one bit for you!!" So yeah...talking to him won't work...

Years
    There's a difference on getting high at home and being high in school, obviously.
    They're doin' it wrong! You don't go parading in certain environments high. But that's common sense. Oh wait, probably your friends lack it. >_>

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Then leave him alone. Maybe tell his parents if he won't listen to you.

Do it discreetly, though. Even though weed won't harm him, he's obviously paying money for it and consuming his time with it. It might show in his school marks, too, since it makes you "slower" temporarily.

'Might want to alert a parent.

[Edit]

Tater is right. Big difference between doing it casually at home / with friends, and doing it at school / before work.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    Marijuana is a hallucinogen. It's a comparatively mild one, but it can cause hallucinations depending on the user. It's also addictive, not as addictive as tobacco or alcohol, but that's like saying that drinking bleach isn't as bad as drinking battery acid. It also reduces your capacity to learn. It damages the brain, there's empirical proof of that.

I would never smoke marijuana or tobacco. A fully functioning brain and a fully functioning set of lungs are your best friends. My older brother knows plenty of people who smoke marijuana, and I trust him when he says that it has had adverse effects on their lives. He's tried it too, and he regrets it deeply. He said it kept him from thinking clearly, and that's just plain dangerous. He might have tried driving and gotten himself killed or tried unprotected sex and gotten himself an STD or have gotten some poor girl pregnant. If you value being as sharp you can, marijuana and other drugs are terrible things to try. The high goes away, and it's easy to say that there aren't any long term effects because they're much harder to notice, but they're definitely there. No kind of fun is worth damaging your brain over.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    Oh his parents are perfectly fine in whatever their son does. He carries condoms around "just in case."

But I don't know. I still don't think they should bring the weed brownies to school...I'm still telling the principal if he does bring them to school.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Marijuana is a hallucinogen. It's a comparatively mild one, but it can cause hallucinations depending on the user.

Whoever told you that is full of crap. Wikipedia has distorted information, just to toss that in.

Unless it's laced with poison or a drug that causes hallucinations (i.e. "mush"), weed does not cause hallucinations. Just to clarify. If "weed" caused it, it was laced with something, and in that case, it's not the weed. It's the stuff that's on it.

Saltare, you should. It's against all school policies to bring anything of that sort to school. He's going to disrupt others' learning by putting the lazy effect on them, and the "slow" effect. It'll teach him a good lesson about being dumb, too.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    Saltare, you should. It's against all school policies to bring anything of that sort to school. He's going to disrupt others' learning by putting the lazy effect on them, and the "slow" effect. It'll teach him a good lesson about being dumb, too.

My friends are already really "slow" so, not really much of an effect.

But yeah...my friends are going no where in life...they come to school high, hungover, ect. All the time.

Back