• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Weekly Poll #6] What generation did you start with?

What generation got you into Pokemon?

• Generation I

Votes: 25 62.5%
  • Generation II

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Generation III

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Generation IV

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Generation V

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    Even though I had been watching the Anime for pretty long, Pokemon games were introduced to me only in the year 2006. A friend of mine asked me to try playing Pokemon Emerald, and I fell in love with it.

And after that, I went on a gaming spree. Pokemon Leafgreen was my next game, followed by Yellow and Gold (Or Crystal; idek :P ) and then the DS was introduced; Pokemon Diamond thereafter, and then I played every Pokemon game that came out. So that is my journey of Pokemon gaming. :D

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I got Blue for my birthday when it came out, so Gen 1 for me! I was so happy when I pulled off the wrapping paper and saw a big ol' Blastoise staring back at me. Happiest. 9-year-old. EVER!

Giraffe

キリンリキ
    Years
    I remember watching the Generation1 anime & collecting cards at a very young age, but I only really started playing the games when Ruby/Sapphire came out.

DayDreamer

Pokemon Gamer
    Years
    From what I can remember:

Pokemon Anime Generation I
    Pokemon Red
    Pokemon Yellow
    Pokemon Silver
    Pokemon Crystal
    Pokemon Stadium (N64)
    Pokemon Pinball
    Pokemon Trading Card Game
    Pokemon Anime Generation II
    Pokemon Ruby
    Pokemon Emerald
    Pokemon FireRed
    Pokemon Anime Generation III
    Pokemon Pearl
    Pokemon Anime Generation IV
    Pokemon White

As you can see I got lazy on the remakes and re-runs towards generation IV xD. Though I did enjoy generation II the most. Will catch up on the anime soon.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
    The generation I started with was Gen I. I couldn't imagine starting with any other generation; I think it'd just feel too...weird. Lol. Something like that.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Aaaah...Red version...full of Glitches and bugs and creepy looking pokemon sprites...

Altaïr

... Has one gear: Go
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2011
    I started watching the anime in generation I but started playing the games in gen. IV

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Second Generation. With good ol' Gold and Silver. Anime wise though it was First Generation.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    First gen anime, which is like the first season. But on the games, I started with Gen III specifically LeafGreen. Well, the LeafGreen isn't even mine but still.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2011
    Generation I, got my first copy of Blue on Christmas Eve, I remember my aunt gave it to me and I was to addicted!

Years
    I started waaaay back in Gen 1. Specifically, I picked up a GBC, Blue, and Yellow on either my 10th or 11th birthday, can't remember. Pokemon was a big part of my childhood! (It's still kind of a big deal for me.)

Back