• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Welcome to the Strategies & Movesets forum for Sun & Moon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfMirage

"Last Raven"
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2016
    Okay here's my idea for a team core talonflame, manectric-mega and slowbro/starmie. Manectric can soak up any electric moves thanks to it lightingrod ability, talonflame can handle any grass pokes and can soften up steel typs pokes.

I hope I did this right

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    That's not a bad place to start. You could form a Volturn core with Talonflame+Mega Manectric. As for Slowbro vs Starmie, they're both good. Starmie works good if you're going for an offensive team and gives you a spinner, while Slowbro would be better if you make it a balance team. Did you have any sets in mind for those pokes or....?

And completely different topic: I take it y'all noticed the " UU no Scald" ladder that popped up the other day? I know that some people don't like Scald, but what exactly prompted them to make a no Scald ladder, particularly for UU?

WolfMirage

"Last Raven"
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2016
    Well I thought slowbro regenator was slightly better since talonflame and manectric want to switch out alot and slowbro ability will keep up it's hp a bit, as it switchs in and out. I have decided on talonflame moves to be bulk up, roost, brave bird and flame charge and as for the rest of them I don't know yet and I was thinking of adding a poke with heal bell, since talonflame is not gonna like any status problem(as in posined, burned or paralyze and ect.)

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Well I thought slowbro regenator was slightly better since talonflame and manectric want to switch out alot and slowbro ability will keep up it's hp a bit, as it switchs in and out. I have decided on talonflame moves to be bulk up, roost, brave bird and flame charge and as for the rest of them I don't know yet and I was thinking of adding a poke with heal bell, since talonflame is not gonna like any status problem(as in posined, burned or paralyze and ect.)

Acrobatics as a lone offensive attack is preferred on Bulk Up Talonflame, as after a few boosts, the power difference between it and Brave Bird is negligible. There's no need to use a Fire attack on Bulk Up Talonflame either, as it can also use Taunt or Will-o-Wisp to cripple anything that tries to set up on it or physical attackers respectively. But if you must run a Fire move, use Flare Blitz, as it's significantly more powerful; using Swords Dance alongside Flare Blitz is highly recommended in this case.

WolfMirage

"Last Raven"
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2016
    Thank u, how is my core and bulk up is really to patch up talonflame defence, it's on somgon

Any more thought on other pokes to add

Last edited by a moderator:

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
    Platinum told you what you could've read on the smogon page for Talonflame had you just looked at it, but neglected to inform you that as a fire type, Talonflame is actually immune to burns which you were fretting. Paralysis would still kinda be a factor, but again taunt as well as teammates. So meh.

lol a ladder with no scald??? I wonder if scald is the contended lightningrod of controversy in some circles we don't hear about.

Polar Spectrum

Years
    Oh I wasn't like - snarkily suggesting you should've just looked on Smogon wolf, sorry if it sounded that way lol. I just get my jimmies rustled at smogon copy pastes over engaging advice that's actually beneficial at the level someone plays at.

Like, if someone said they had this Samurott on their team

Samurott
    Nature: Docile
    EV: 152 HP 100 Atk 100 Def 150 Sp Def 2 Speed
    Ability: Torrent
    Item: Assault Vest
    Hydro Pump
    Scald
    Megahorn
    Waterfall

And someone's response was "Samurott is beyond outclassed by Azumarill in the role of a bulky offensive water type assault vest user. Try this instead

*generic azumarill assault vest set*

Rather than pointing out "Hey, it's a really bad idea to have 3 attacks of the same type on a pokemon like that. You may want to try investing your EV's a little more thoughtfully too."

Like, are you even trying to help or are you just copy pasting sets from other sites to see yourself suggesting things to people. Whyeven

Detox

And completely different topic: I take it y'all noticed the " UU no Scald" ladder that popped up the other day? I know that some people don't like Scald, but what exactly prompted them to make a no Scald ladder, particularly for UU?

I don't play the tier, but I heard that Scald was sort of a big issue in UU due to the abundance of water types of something along the lines of that. Thus, they made an experimental tier because why not.

WolfMirage

"Last Raven"
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2016
    I did look on smogon, they suggested Defog Mega Scizor and Skarmory, Latios, Latias, and Excadrill, Choice Band Staraptor and mega pinsir

Also what's the best for cobalion, as I am soft resetting my white 2, 2 try for a good iv cobalion

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Also what's the best for cobalion, as I am soft resetting my white 2, 2 try for a good iv cobalion
    Cobalions best traits are its Speed and Defense. Attack and Special Attack are equally high, which allows you to choose on which side it's going to attack. Depending on what you prefer, you're probably wanting either a Timid or Jolly one and preferably good IVs in Speed and the respective attacking stat.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    i also saw the 'no mega' OU tier, this is relevant to my interests :p

Yoshikko

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    haha i lost that :'( gg zekrom!!!

Yoshikko

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    haha dont we all :s

should play again sometime :) you should be more often on the server btw! or say stuff

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I don't think I've run a weather team since the Gen V meta....

Rain is arguably the easiest weather to run because it has innate advantages over the other 3 weathers, and there's not only a lot of Pokemon to pick for rain, but a fair number of good ones too. Water's just kinda a good type too.

But idk much about using weather teams in Gen 6 so....

Polar Spectrum

Years
    I'd say rain is the easiest, because it's the most widespread in who can use it and to what effect. It's got the boost to water moves, abilities it activates, (which I'm fairly certain are the most abilities that activate on any weather type) and the most pokemon that benefit from it that aren't going to keep you locked into a one-type team.

Sand, the chip damage is nice - but you have to keep in mind anything that isn't rock/steel/ground or using a sand ability, is also gonna take the chip damage. Whereas in rain, using something like ferrothorn that has nothing to do with rain other than appreciating weaker fire attacks, is totally fine.

The least I've seen though is hail teams. :I Probably because lol ice types.

Ice should resist dragon or something, fur real

WolfMirage

"Last Raven"
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2016
    Just a though I had y not use bug buzz, it will break sturdy ability and focus sach item and it will trap ur oppent, thus allowing u to switch in more easy for a turn or two and plus unless u oppent as volt switch, u-turn or return or the one ability they can't switch out right away

Sorry if I'm not understanding the move right

Polar Spectrum

Years
    Just a though I had y not use bug buzz, it will break sturdy ability and focus sach item and it will trap ur oppent, thus allowing u to switch in more easy for a turn or two and plus unless u oppent as volt switch, u-turn or return or the one ability they can't switch out right away

Sorry if I'm not understanding the move right

I'm afraid I'm more of not understanding your post right, would you mind retyping that with a bit clearer language? Sorry mate, but it's just a bit difficult to understand. :c

I gathered that you're referencing bug buzz in some way, and that you're trying to associate some battle property of it with focus sash and sturdy (there is none, so far as I know) and then you mention 3 switching, er - 2 switching moves (return doesn't actually let you be Ash Ketchum and tell your pokemon to 'return' to its pokeball, it's just a variable base power normal attack with no effect) that would let them surpass some aspect of bug buzz you might think keeps them in battle - is that right? You might be looking at the wrong move or pokemon or something here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back