• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to vBulletin 3.7!

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Most of it can be disabled, but.. why would anyone want to? If you don't like a feature, don't use it.

If that entire comment was directed towards me (rather than Crystal Clair and myself), then I don't. Not the colors, at least. In fact, as I've said before, I agree with you in saying that if you don't like it, you don't use it, although I don't entirely see how a difference in colors will make the board more of a community. (But if you want to, I'm really not going to insist you change them, regardless of what scheme you choose.) The wall feature, yes (although there has always been the ability to PM one another). The photo albums, maybe. The groups, definitely (which are more convenient, in my opinion, than club threads). But colors? Dunno. *shrug* For the sake of expression, I might agree with you, but it's just easier to see that in avatars and signatures than it is to click on someone's profile, and even then, regular members are limited to changing color schemes (as opposed to layouts and backgrounds), am I right?

Mostly, I was saying that if you don't like a vBulletin feature, you could always send feedback to vBulletin if you really wanted to. 'Course, I didn't know that most of the features could be disabled by staff, but even then, I think it's still an option if you want to talk about what you don't like in terms of features. After all, vBulletin's the system for most of the major Pokemon boards (at least, off the top of my head), so you're bound to encounter this sort of system multiple times. Why make the comment that it's just not efficient for reasons X, Y, and Z on one board when you can comment about it directly to the source, you know?

Apologies if this all sounds awkward. I wasn't entirely sure if you were addressing me entirely here or just the one line of my quote where I said I thought it couldn't be disabled.

Last edited:

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Uh, I saw Rep bars yesterday morning, was that a part of 3.7?
    And if they are, where are they now? XD

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Well actually, I'd say adding profile color features would allow people to convey a sense of style.

Not so much of one as can be expressed with a full ability to customize, I would think. Move things around and take off/add certain parts of the profile (the way one would on Facebook), backgrounds (for everyone), maybe even a little funky CSS work to change cursors and other aspects of the general appearance. Basically, the customization, I feel, is a bit limited compared to what you can do on sites like LiveJournal, Gaia, or even MySpace. Right now, you can change colors, but that's about as much of a declaration of style as painting a wall and putting nothing on it to decorate and define yourself as a fan of cubism. Not that it really matters, though, because as one said before, this is a board, not MySpace or whatnot.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Reputation is part of vBulletin. It has been since 3.0, but we've turned it off. It was brought back for a brief period of time on that day from an accident while we were testing functions. It's back off now.

Good, back when I was a member of Serebiiforums, they turned on reputation and it nearly killed the forums.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Love the new feature! I was wondering if things got added because I saw that I got a few friend requests. And I was like huh? What is that? So I clicked on it, and I was blow away. Nice setup in the profile section. It is very nice. And you get to customize it? Awesome! I hope it is here to stay. ^^

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
    These new features are great, honestly, but like some, I wonder if it's too "Myspacey" for a forum. Friends are fun though, which I guess is the overall point of forums. I think the features will grow on me when I actually start to use them. :paranoid:

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Is there a way to delete albums and/or pictures?

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    hmm no change list.. well maybe we'll up to rc3, maybe not..

so far rc2 (what PC is on now) is doing quite well..... no major bugs or other problems, aside from template/theme issues.

Years
    Lightning said:
    The 25-character and 4-word rule does not apply.
    Yes, this means you can bypass the limit as much as you want in the visitor messages.
    Read the rules before you ask a question that is already answered, please.

Back