• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Were you disappointed in no Z?

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
Years
  • I dunno, I'm honestly disappointed in the lack of Z. Kalos is by far my favorite region barring Kanto and Johto, and I loved a lot of things they were trying to do with those games. I did feel like there needed to be more, though, story and character-wise, which is why I was so excited for Z. Plus, with all the new Megas that are ORAS exclusive, I really wanted to be able to move all my Mega Sceptiles and such into Z so I could take them through a region I actually like. While I have high hopes for Sun and Moon, I really hope they still release Z soon.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Not necessarily disappointed at no Z, just disappointed with XY. If they planned frim the start for no revisit to Kalos, then why the hell was the game so feature light? It was literally what yiu would expect, with amother visit to the region being feature rich. Coming off of B2W2 Unova to Kalos, with no revisit planned, and it just all falls apart for me. I am not positive about SM at all because of this, even though the thoughts of a new region and Pokemon excites me.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2017
    I"m worried about the fact that it was said it might go back to be simple like RBY..... I hope to god it doesn't. Does anyone think it will be THAT simple?

Years
  • Not necessarily disappointed at no Z, just disappointed with XY. If they planned frim the start for no revisit to Kalos, then why the hell was the game so feature light? It was literally what yiu would expect, with amother visit to the region being feature rich. Coming off of B2W2 Unova to Kalos, with no revisit planned, and it just all falls apart for me. I am not positive about SM at all because of this, even though the thoughts of a new region and Pokemon excites me.

It is annoying they're ending 6th Gen without tying loose ends for Kalos, considering how the region was full of mysteries and now that 7th Gen is confirmed we will never get to know. I could now imagine people claiming that 6th Gen is now even more disappointing than 5th Gen, because Kalos will have no revisit game unlike Unova did.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    Thing is more not everyone thought Z would happen and I think Masuda's statement in 2014 was pretty clear to not expect it. That and with BW2 over Grey just made me think 3rd versions were dead and not to expect Z.

I"m worried about the fact that it was said it might go back to be simple like RBY..... I hope to god it doesn't. Does anyone think it will be THAT simple?

In terms of battles I do hope they back to the simple days

Though if you mean plot I feel XY was much more simple than Gen 1 was. The plot of Gen 1 was you leaving home learning about Pokemon and going on a journey. Along the way you compete with your old rival since you were babies plus you learn about a man who is mysterious and later find out he is a gym leader. XY had a plot but it was all over the place and did not truly get closure. Could this have been them spending too much time on the 3D and not enough on the story? I do think that. Though we have got games with good plot and full of content before so hoping SM delivers plus being the 20th year game I think all eyes are on it more than any past game.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
    Years
  • I am not disppointed in no Z but I do think that Gen 7 came way too quickly. I think that a third game like Platinum would fit right now tho.

Norou

Drifting away into an illusion
    Years
  • The more I think about it the more I'm glad that Pokemon Sun and Moon are a thing. I'd rather move on than stay in 6th gen any longer, I like the breath of fresh air that Sun and Moon will offer. But, I'm still confused about the whole Zygarde thing, it's would be odd and confusing if they make his forms anime only. I can understand why with Ash-Greninja, but not something as big as Zygarde. X and Y had nothing when it came to Zygarde. It just feels really incomplete for me, but I like the idea of a new gen.

They could still shoe-horn his forms into Sun and Moon, but depending on how relevant Zygarde will be depends on that I think. Maybe we'll get to go to Kalos in a Z like episode in the end like oras did with the delta episode.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Even though XY felt incomplete, I am quite glad that we are now in Gen VII. It's Pokemon's 20th anniversary anyway, and a Z version would make that so underwhelming.

I guess Gamefreak doesn't want to stick with the same "Pair versions - Remake - Enhanced version" pattern all the time. And yeah, it can get boring and predictable.

Years
  • I do think Z would have been too predictable, because when we had B2/W2 to end 5th Gen instead of a Grey version most were expecting, it appeared third enhanced versions were a concept Game Freak never wanted to do because they wanted to switch up things and I like that approach because it's fresh and more surprising.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • I find it sad that some people outright disregarded and shunned these new titles during the direct because they thought they were entitled to Z. Like they demanded anything. Especially when they built up over the top expectations towards this Direct they did the all the Smash presentations last year. Then they had the nerve to choose to be mad when the leaks were confirmed.

How petty can you even be.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    What would Z even do? If I had the choice of X & Y, Or X and AS I would choose X and AS.
    Third versions are the same game with just a little extra. New games are a lot more exciting.

Sirfetch’d

What would Z even do? If I had the choice of X & Y, Or X and AS I would choose X and AS.
    Third versions are the same game with just a little extra. New games are a lot more exciting.

New games generally do produce more excitement because they are well..new! They come with speculation. That said, finishing Kalos sounds exciting for some people because XY were so incomplete really. At least that is my opinion on why some people might have preferred to get Z.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I think Z was to be expected, it kinda was obvious from the new anime title and how many people practically predicted that would be the next game. For that reason I'm glad they never went ahead with it, I'd much rather see two brand new games than just another third version.

Back