• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Were You Ever a Weeaboo?

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
    I don't think I have ever been one and do not want to become one.
    I have been told I am one but really I am just a little obsessed with Kaito Shion.

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years
    I tripped over a rock and scared a pigeon and apologized to him in Japanese and then went home and felt bad for myself.

It just came out.

I have studied Japanese, and I find it to be sort of useful when watching anime to further understand some of what is being said.

I wouldn't say I was a weeaboo or even otaku I just like to fully understand the media I'm taking in.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2014
    Well..I used to scream either BAKA or KONOYAROUUUU or kawaii or anything like that.

I stopped once I turned 17/18 and never did it since. I still call some of my friends (who like it) chan, if they have a Japanese "nickname"

Also, I call my fiance Haru on social media (apart from FB..I mean DA..) and myself Kaala..

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    From about the ages of 12 to 15 I think I was. Luckily (or unluckily) I'm an introvert and tend to keep to myself, so I didn't go around bothering people with it. I still enjoy anime and manga now, but I tend to only talk about it with people I know won't mind discussing it.

Yeah, this is basically me. I used to be one for a short while but then I quickly grew out of it, thank god I was an introvert. D; Except I don't talk about Japanese culture with anyone at all now.

sweets

You can do it! ☆彡
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2014
    Oh yes. When I was 15-16 I went through that page. SQUEE!! KAWAII!! x3 !!! the whole package. It was pretty bad. It's a rite of passage for most anime fans, I guess~ I still love anime but not the to extent I used to.

Years
    I'm Chinese, so I'm pretty familiar with Eastern Asian culture and values, and I'm not sure if I could handle Japan lol. Japan's really modern but I'm not sure how cosmopolitan it is. I'm more interested in Japan out of an interest in peace and cooperation in East Asia (China, Japan, Korea).

Phazon Elemental

roving snob
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    Vaguely? I was really, really deep into anime and manga when I was younger, but it was never to the point that I wanted to learn Japanese or live in Japan.

Zet

Years
    Not to a major extent. I was just so obsessed with Naruto to the point where it was the only thing on my mind day and night, but I didn't let my love for the series (or Japan) get out of hand. Kept it to a minimum online.
    I think you mean you kept it to a minimum offline... At least I hope you did.

Was I ever a weeaboo?
    I still am, and who knows for how long.
    but in all seriousness I have a problem.
    It's time for your paddling.

Were You Ever a Weeaboo?

zZJoennZz

What da!?
    Years
    I was, but not entirely. It's more like role-play when adding Japanese into my sentences. But right now, when I'm adding Japanese it is either a troll or sarcastic. I think most people who are new to anime encounter that. Being a weaboo.

However, learning actual Japanese might be fun, don't you think? Playing with the Kanji and it's reading is interesting. :3

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I've been watching anime and reading manga since the 4th. grade, but I've never become a weaboo. Japan interests me, but Turkey interests me too. I'm not going to incompletely change my culture just because of an anime.

Years
    Apparently Japanese only has 3 irregular verbs o.O And sentence structure is pretty regular. And since kanji are Chinese characters anyways, I think I could pull this off after German :O

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    Weeaboo? I'm not sure I have ever went through that phase. Back at Junior High, I just started to enter the anime/manga world. I never actually thought of going to Japan and such. In fact, I started to get more into anime when I entered the 11th grade, but by that time I am also informed about the culture, the history, and a lot more about Japan. I never actually bothered learning Japanese until I entered High School where it is one of the lessons.

So I guess I do want to go to Japan, but it's not only for the anime/manga, it's also for its beautiful culture. :/

Also, as much as I love the rich culture of Indonesia... The people don't really preserve it well, which makes me sad. :/

Back