• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] what and how many g-max pokémon have you gotten?

Years
  • i'm a litle slow in that i've only gotten the story or event g-max mons so far (like charmander from the story, meowth from mystery gift, and pikachu from having let's go), as well as centiskorch from a raid. what g-max pokémon do you all have? any in particular you're hunting for right now?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    The Meowth you get from Mystery Gift and the Charmander that Leon gifts you in the post game, as well as G-Max Corviknight and Centiskorch from raids.

I've beaten G-Max Butterfree a few times, but the asshole never wants to go into the ball. Tried Snorlax the other day but 5 star raids are fucking ridiculous and so I couldn't even beat it. Wanna find a G-Max Pikachu at some point just for the lulz of having Chonkachu, but I've not seen one yet.

Last edited:
    Years
  • So far I've gotten Gigantamax Corvinight, Sandaconda, Butterfree, Orbeetle, Drednaw, Snorlax and Charizard from Max Raids. And the Meowth from Mystery Gift. So, 8 so far.

I actually thought the host might cheating when I encountered Gigantamax Charizard in a Max Raid battle. xD But I quickly checked online and it's legitimately possible to encounter one.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Other than the gift GMax Pokemon I have GMax forms of Snorlax (Repeat Ball), Butterfree, Appletun (Dusk Ball) and the adorable GMax Alcremie (Master Ball).

I've had 5 GMax Centiscorch and a GMax Corviknight break out of Pokeballs.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    finally got those G-Max Butterfree and Snorlax

3 of the Butterfree actually, so I went and sent one off into Surprise Trade

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Not many, really. I've got Butterfree, Meowth, Eevee, Snorlax, Corviknight, Drednaw, Centiskorch, and that's it, iirc!

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2019
    Just 3 but i really dont care for them i only use meowth for extra ingame currency on champion cup rematches anything i cant breed myself i wont use ever. really never been of a fan of just catching in the wild and using as is. now if the pokemon in question had perfect iv's perfect nature/ability and whatever egg moves it needed if applicable then sure i will go hunt them more but as they are now i feel its a waste of time.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2021
    I have Eevee, Meowth, Charmander, Corviknight, Butterfree, Centiskorch, Lapras and Gengar. 5 flipping Corviknights broke out of their Pokeballs, and Butterfree was such a pain in the butt to defeat.

I don't have nintendo online so I can't get Snorlax :c

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • What G-Max Pokemon do you have already?

I caught Snorlax, Butterfree, Centiskorch and Drednaw.
    I've joined more than 10+ of Sandaconda and seriously it'll never get in the ball.
    Both of the G-Max Charizard raids I did had him broken out too.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I have a 4 or 3-star Gigantamax Snorlax (Gnorlax?), but not had any luck with a 5-star one yet. I have two Gutterfree, two Gentiscorch, a Gandaconda, and a 4-star Gorviknight. I think that's it so far, anyway.

Years
  • I got a bunch of snorlax, butterfree, corviknight and centiskorch.
    I am starting to get crazy about those raids, starts to get boring, dont see anything else.

One butterfree with perfect ivs.
    Got one drednaw with perfect ivs.
    Got a lapras.
    Got the charizard and meowth.
    And maybe more, but cant remember it right now.

If someone wants some snorlax, butterfree, corviknight or centiskorch, i will trade them.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    besides given ones I have a butterfree. All I have wanted is a gmax Kingler and I followed this whole exploit to do it, but after 20 minutes of trying I just gave up. I finally encountered another gmax pokemon which happened to be snorlax and I tried multiple times with just the npc battling with me, but they were knocked out easily and I gave up again lol

Back