• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are some Pokémon that would terrify you if they existed in the real world?

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
    [insert dozens of Pokémon that can create temperatures beyond human comprehension; looking at you, Magcargo and Ice Rider Calyrex]

I'm gonna go with a benign answer and say that most Bug-types would be terrifying in real life. Pinsir's mouth is frankly disturbing, and many Bug-types are much larger than their already creepy real-world counterparts. Spidops in particular would turn from goofy to scary, because it's a spider that literally gets the jump on people.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Beedrill and Vespiquen. Is already afraid of bees and wasps. Wants nothing to do with a stinger the size of your hand. (Might be less afraid of Combee, though.)

Sharpedo, based on their aggressiveness in Isle of Armor.

Primeape. Seems like a ball of rage. Imagines it like a big, angry dog that pulls at its chain whenever someone comes near.

Hydreigon. Sums it up fine in the Pokedex entry.
    Black entry said:
    This brutal Pokémon travels the skies on its six wings. Anything that moves seems like a foe to it, triggering its attack.

Bewear. Says it in the name.

Bruxish. Imagines it to love chewing things. May include you.

Scovillian. Seems like a mean Pokemon.

Scyther. Slices through trees. Probably hunts humans just fine, if it wanted to.

And probably a decent number of Ghost types. Tends to like tormenting or spiriting people away.

BluShell

Lost in the Sound
    Years
    Most Ghost types would be (fittingly) terrifying, but Palossand in particular is probably one of the scariest. Literally kills anything that wanders too close to it, collects the bones of its victims within itself, and can hide anywhere along a beach or other sandy environment. Annihilape's another one, as it looks like it would have no issue spontaneously, well, annihilating

And for something that isn't Ghost type, probably Gliscor. Giant scorpion-like bat creature that silently strikes its prey and drains them entirely of their blood? Yeah, sounds like decent nightmare fuel to me.

Years
    -Literally any monstrous pokemon could easily wipe a city or two(dragons and tyranitars and the like)
    -Your whole family could be replaced by dittos and youd never know
    - i feel like alot of poison pokemon would ruin our crops and water albeit unintentionally(or not idk)
    - sleep to a nice song and mysteriously you will always wake up with a penis drawn on your head, terrifying
    - most ghost

Spoiler:

Please do not show me this horrifying thing in real life. It honestly terrifies me in its official art, can't imagine what it would look like in real life. :X

Stinky Ghast

you smelt it, therefore, you're the one who dealt
    Years
    - I got a pretty intense fear of spiders so Galvantula, Ariados, Araquanid, and the Spidops lines are all automatically scary
    - Omastar, I feel like irl that would look freaky as hell and would get tiktok slideshows showing how weird of a dinosaur it was
    - Conkeldurr, veiny and creepy, like a massively buff, hairless gorilla in terms of a comparsion with huge animal with a lot of strength
    - Barbaracle, nope, don't wanna swim around and touch that thing in the water
    - Metagross, it eats prey with it's stomach mouth, extremely intelligent, and is very capable of killing you
    - Grapploct, solely on the way it speeds towards you when it sees you in-game
    - Practically all large, imposing legendary pokemon would be terrifying obviously, but Rayquaza takes the cake for me

sabrina_diamond

Blazing dark Vulpix
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2024
    The Bewear from Pokemon Sun/Moon, because this pink ursine likes to hug trainers and break their spines (according to the Pokedex).

AmberLB

Amber L. B. / Kevin Cadence
    Years
    All of them

Pokemon are fantasy creatures, they would be nightmarish if they existed in real life.

Reginald Cosmic

Big Shot
    Years
    • Age 27
    • He/Him/His
    • Seen yesterday
    Team Rocket Grunt: [Hits a fisherman in the head with a rock to steal his Pokémon]

Everyone else in the vicinity of the Gyarados's month-long rage:

What are some Pokémon that would terrify you if they existed in the real world?

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Honestly, most of them. Anything not resembling a real life mammal, reptile or bird would probably be downright terrifying. This is assuming we're not used to them, of course.

I quite liked the way pokémon were portrayed in Detective Pikachu, cartoony but realistic enough. Even though Mr. Mime was a bit creepy there, it wasn't entirely unbearable to look at. If they looked kind of like this IRL, most might be quite bearable, appearance wise.

Anything with crazy powers like psychic and ghost powers and dangerous temperatures though? Yeah that'd still be scary.

Years
    There are so many pokemon to list. Perhaps the types of pokemon I would be afraid of the most are the ones that can learn self-destruct or explosion. You could be walking in a cave and accidentally aggro a gravler. You could be working at the power plant and some voltorb/electrode gets super charged up ready to burst. Maybe you come across a Stunky/Skuntank on the side of the road and then it explodes. With moves like that you are asking for criminal syndicates to rise up and strike fear into society. I personally think Pokemon in real life is best suited for something like the Orre region from Colosseum, or a lawless land where the mighty rule.

Years
    Honestly? All of them. Every Pokemon, even the most pathetic and innocent ones, have supernatural powers that would translate into something that would probably be lethal in reality. I mean, even a Magikarp could spontaneously evolve into Gyarados and destroy everything within a five mile radius. All of them can use attacks that could cause considerable damage. But what would make them more terrifying than your average deadly creature is the level of sentience they all possess: Pokemon are generally portrayed as being near-human in intelligence, so just leaving them alone or chasing them off wouldn't necessarily do anything: you could find yourself suddenly being haunted by ghosts, and trying to chase off something like a Rattata could see you getting chewed to death by Hyper Fang.

But let's face it, if Pokemon were real, either Arceus would have wiped us all out for desecrating the planet the way we have, or we'd all be slaves to our 5000 IQ Alakazam overlords.

sabrina_diamond

Blazing dark Vulpix
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2024
    Another pokemon that would be terrifying in real life would be a Ditto because they can copy almost anything, so you wouldn't be able to tell them apart from the real thing until it's too late... Thoughts on this?

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Another pokemon that would be terrifying in real life would be a Ditto because they can copy almost anything, so you wouldn't be able to tell them apart from the real thing until it's too late... Thoughts on this?

Should be fairly obvious in the event of copying a human. Cannot copy speech. Tends to mess something up too, like the eyes. Could be problematic if they choose someone with big sunglasses, though. Hm. Wonders if Dittos cause problems for witness accounts and legal proceedings. Maybe.

Might copy something physically dangerous. Must be something nearby, however. Would only be as dangerous as its surroundings...with some variance. Copies the physical form, but not the personality. Proves less dangerous than something aggressive like Primeape, but likely more dangerous than a Corviknight trained for transportation. Still acts as a warning that, while that Ursaring digging through your trash may or may not be a Ditto, one is not far off.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    I think a lot has already been said. Pokemon as described in their Pokedex entries are dangerous and terrifying. The Pokedex entries clash a lot with the world we see in the Pokemon games (even Legends: Arceus, which went a bit further into the Pokemon attacking humans thing) and the anime. So I can understand how we romanticize the idea of real life Pokemon.

For me, the Ghost types are particularly terrifying. Like I always think of Cofrigigus which can kill people and turn them into mummies. That's a big nope for me!

Kenyman

Kenyman
    Days
    I strongly believe Hypno would be a pretty scary thing to tell children before they go to bed or misbehave, like a boogeyman. Also i would be terrified if my kid was walking down the streets and Drifloons where floating around freely.

Back