• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you currently playing? V4

Years
  • I just started playing Final Fantasy IX on the Switch. I've been meaning to explore FF more for ages so it's about time I started. I'm only a really short way in but loving it so far.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I'm currently rotating between Pokémon Shield and Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Finished Y4, moving on to Yakuza 5. Still having fun with Kiryu's taxi sidestories, specifically the racing. I've already reached chapter 4 of his plot, so I'm taking my time before moving on to the next protagonist.

pkmin3033

To fill in the gap between now and PMD DX, I'm playing Mary Skelter 2, which I have wanted to play for AGES and just now gotten around to. I love Compile Heart games (mostly) and I love DRPGs (mostly) so this is something I am already enjoying. Weird premise, solid gameplay, strangely good soundtrack. Also English voice acting. I haven't actually played the original but you're apparently supposed to play 2 before the remastered version of the original that is included with 2 so I guess I'll play that afterwards?

Years
  • I had one of the worst "I have full library of games I want to play, but I don't know what to play" state yesterday. I finished KotOR, Super Mario 64 and Ghost monotype Pokémon Sun in last week and had no idea what to play next. I feel a little bit of burnout from RPGs, so I don't want to play KotOR 2 or Witcher 3, so I decided to venture in some of my latest Humble Bundle purchases that I didn't really had time to play through. I tried Dead in Vinland for few hours and it's great and I had fun, but I didn't really feel like playing it for a long time. So I picked up Operator, which was pretty interesting game, but I completed it in about an hour. Then I tried Fluffy Hoard and it was one of the worst and the most boring games I've played in years. Uninstalled it after 8 minutes. At this point, I got desperate. So I picked another game that looked interesting - Armello. And I had fun, but again, just like Dead in Vinland, it's more of a side game to play for an hour just to chill. So I'm at the beginning again...

But at least I can still play on my 3DS. I decided to continue Paper Mario: Sticker Star.

SunflowerLady

❤Dog Lover🔆 🥴
    Years
  • i'm just playing mass effect andromeda yeah a lot of people hated it but...I want to finish it so far i'm loving it...and I can't play any other games at the time since updates...are larger than 10gb jesus....xbox...jesus....but I'm playing pokemon jade right now too...more into mass effect at the moment.

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2020
    Due to shortage of time and responsibilities, currently playing Galaxy of Heroes, on android ;)

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I'm switching between Pokémon Shield and Team Sonic Racing right now. I've played Pokémon Black 2 and Bowser's Inside Story recently, but I've gone off them in recent days. Might go back to them at some point though.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2020
    I've been replaying the gen 6 and 7 games, on one copy I decided to use only 6 of my favorite pokemon, hoping that the fact that 4/6 of my team is dark type and one pure ghost and one pure psychic would give me a challenge. Turns out, since Honchkrow is also flying therefore neutralizing fighting type moves, Spiritomb is immune to fighting, and Houndoom can stand up to fairy types, it wasn't as difficult as I thought. And, as a bonus, Beheeyem's hidden power was poison type.

On other copies, I use a random pokemon generator to determine five of the pokemon I use for my team, while using my ID # to decide my starter. This way I can use pokemon I normally don't use (one time I got stuck with Linoone).

Other than that, I've been playing PVZ BFN, which isn't even a lot since my dad uses the xbox to play Tom Clancy's The Division and then my sister uses it for Subnautica.

Luckily I can still play some DCUO if the xbox is being used. I have been playing SSBU but not as much anymore, instead going for some mario kart. Sometimes I play some ACNL to just hang out with people, mostly my friends.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Finished Y5 last night. Hot damn that final boss took forever to go down, must've had at least 10 health bars -_-
    Finally started up Yakuza 6 this afternoon after waiting to play for months. Just reached the end of the first chapter, or at least near the end based on the fact that we've just tracked down Haruka.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • chugged away at the fe3h dlc a few weeks ago. finally doing my crimson flower run and i think i'll split the file so i can do silver snow too since it was my first route and hell if i knew what was going on then. this has been all i'm playing lately tbh. waiting on ac and p5r to steal my ass away this month.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Finished up Leonard's story in Saga Scarlet Grace. With all the freedom the SaGa games give you, I usually get turned off pretty early, but I managed to get through this one and I really liked it. The battle system is the best turn-based style I've seen in awhile, and the world has a ton of quests to do. I'll probably hold off on going through with other 3 protagonist for now though.

Also just about finished with Bravely Second. It's been pretty much a lot of the same (which I don't mind), but the amount of class customization always keeps it fun. Excited for more info on Bravely Default 2!

Years
  • Got and urge to play Monster Hunter: World again. I decided to try Switch Axe and I'm having so much fun with it.

I also returned to shiny hunting on Ultra Moon. Finally got shiny Type:Null few days ago and shiny Stakataka yesterday.

Years
  • Currently playing FFX and the odd bit of the Sims 3. Also Mario Kart 7 since it's my challenge game for this month.
    Oddly enough, I'm enjoying FFX the most of the three.

pkmin3033

At the moment my time is split between three games:

Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4) - I really wanted to replay Odyssey, but since I've not played Origins, I figured I'd give it a try instead. It's...fun. Much like Odyssey, it's making me want to explore, because there is just so much to do! The writing isn't quite as good as Odyssey's was - mostly because Bayek is hugely inferior to Kassandra, and there is no player engagement with the dialogue unfortunately - but Egypt is beautiful and there have been a few sidequests that have made me smile. It feels like a bit of a downgrade, but it was released first, so it's none too surprising. Only been playing for about 5 hours, so I'll probably be playing this for at least the rest of the month. xD

Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth (3DS) - Been a while since I played one of these games, and I figured I could do with a challenge. It's...certainly been that. Although I feel as though I've broken it somewhat, as I'm running a team of three Pugilist, a Botanist, and a Shaman. Pugilists use Overexertion and Thunder Fist, Botanist provides healing, and Shaman provides secondary healing and a few stat buffs. I've torn through the first 20 floors with this, and now that I've unlocked Master classes...ohohoho. This is pretty enjoyable, although with my party setup going for every item drop is a bit of a pain, so I'm not going to bother with 100% Guild Card. Also, the music is INCREDIBLE.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX (Switch) - Started this today for my challenge game for the month. Playing as a Psyduck, because of course, with a Bulbasaur partner. Beautiful visuals and soundtrack, although being forced to use moves rather than a generic attack could be a problem on later floors...and I wonder at the inclusion of Auto Mode. Accessibility is something I will never begrudge in a video game (and frankly I think if you do, you have serious issues...) but...well, why does it stop whenever battle happens? Seems a bit like an odd choice, if their goal is to make the game playable for everyone. Eh. I'm probably not going to use it, so it's not worth thinking about. xD

Back