• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you currently playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midi

Charming Ghost~
Years
  • Outside of some romhacks, I've been enjoying XCOM: Enemy Unknown on my 360/One. Speaking of which, Enemy Unknown is currently free for Xbox Live Gold members until the end of the month, so go get it if you have the chance! It's an amazing game, especially with the Enemy Within expansion.

Since a friend gifted it to me, I've also been highly enjoying VA-11 HALL-A as well. I can't really describe how amazing this game is. A lot of effort was put into making this game, and it definitely shows.

pkmin3033

I'm still playing Fire Emblem Fates: Revelations...I'm on Chapter 20. Damnit, I will finish this this week even if it kills me! I've dallied a lot in this one playing shipping wars...Ryoma x Camilla wasn't as amusing as I thought it would be, but Xander x Sakura...oh god, that was brilliant. Leo x Hinoka was predictably boring, but I did Elise x Takumi for shits and giggles. So now I have an army of kids...well, Ryoma's kid died so I didn't get him, but I have the rest. Now, together with the kids, I'm going to fix what their parents fucked up. Kinda ironic considering the current political situation here...but I digress. I'll be done with this soon, then I shall move on to...something. Maybe I'll ask for opinions.

I've been pretty frustrated this week, so I've more or less dropped all of my current console games in favour of Samurai Warriors 4. This is absolutely perfect for my mood: all I have to do is run around hacking my way through hundreds of enemies. It's the ultimate frustration tool. And Nobuyuki Sanada is AMAZING. So is Yukimura, actually. I'm finally getting around to doing the last few story missions, and after that I'll do a little Chronicle Mode, replay stages, etc...I'm not really going for the platinum, but it's a very long term goal. I'll probably put it down soon, and it'll definitely take a back seat when I get Star Ocean 5 - along with everything else - but for now...yeah, I love it. I have the sequel unopened on my shelf, and I need to buy Empires somewhen soon too. But I love this game.

Oh, I'm also playing Ys I on my laptop. I'm not very far in, but it's SO MUCH FUN. There is something satisfying about literally running through enemies in a bloody shower - you should buy this whilst it's on sale in Steam, Xin - and it's been a while since I played a game like this. Now that I've fixed the aspect ratio so it doesn't dominate my entire screen, it's great fun. Good music, too. Great for downtime!

I'll be starting If My Heart Had Wings, Risk of Rain, and Final Fantasy VIII soon - like, sometime this week - as well, and I need to set up my DS4 so it works with my laptop...

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I got Skyrim on steam and gave it a go. I tried playing back when it first released but I found it incredibly clunked and overrated. This time around (and after playing ESO) I am enjoying it much, much more.

pkmin3033

Fates is done - FINALLY, it only took me about 30 hours to play through all three - so whilst I try and decide what JRPG to immerse myself in next - it's between Bravely Second, Ray Gigant, Moe Chronicle, Atelier Rorona or Ayesha Plus (I've gone off Sophie a bit for now...) and Legend of Legacy - I've picked up Kirby: Planet Robobot. Bothersome name aside, this game is easily the best Kirby game I've played since Nightmare in Dreamland. It's so much FUN! So glad I bought it <3

Also getting reacquainted with Hyrule Warriors Legends in anticipation of Marin tomorrow. I love Marin. So, so much. I might just play through Link's Awakening again, it's been a couple of years. But...backlog. Rrgh.

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
  • For me lately it's just been a whole lot of League and a bit of Overwatch.

I'm still terrible at it having virtually no experience with shooting games previously, but I'm still having a blast.

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
  • For me lately it's just been a whole lot of League and a bit of Overwatch.

I'm still terrible at it having virtually no experience with shooting games previously, but I'm still having a blast.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Brutal Doom once again, but this time testing out several mods the Doom community has made in wake of Doom 2016 (Doom 4)'s release and success. Doom 4 weapons mod for Brutal Doom is amazing as heck.

Then More overwatch and a bit of League of Lulz in the side. Both of which i play outside of home since I don't plan on playing League on my toaster of a laptop any longer, and as for overwatch.. well my laptop won't be able to run the dang game anyway D:. So I'm stuck with Brutal Doom, other Doom mods, and possibly Borderlands 2, if my thing will be able to run it.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Put some hours into Star Ocean 5 last night. While I can't say much about the game yet (reviews have been harsh), the lack of cutscenes is a real turnoff. Nearly all the important dialog between characters so far is simply there on the field/town map. It feels impersonal and totally breaks immersion for me.

Also, a minor nitpick, but I hate when there are no weapon visuals, lol. If I get a new sword I wanna see my character wield it.

Last edited:

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • eternal sonata, xbox 360
    nice anime style rpg game
    it is nice but weird though, those real life photos and history stories inbetween the game like wtf​

pkmin3033

OK, so my new lineup of games looks something like this...

Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness! I've waited so, SO long for this! First impressions are...hrmn. Not as positive as The Last Hope - I liked that game, OK? - but better than Till the End of Time. Lack of cutscenes is a bit jarring, but I can appreciate why it was done and in some ways it feels a lot more natural. Combat feels a bit basic - I miss blindsides something awful - but they handled seamless battling a lot better than Tales of Zestiria did, and I expect it'll get more complex the further I get in. Nice to hear some old favourites mixed in with the new in terms of the soundtrack (I practically squeed when Roles to Play started playing when Victor appeared) and...did I mention Crispin Freeman voices a major character? I will brook no criticism of the dub voice acting. Nope. Nooooo way.

...expect me to talk about this a lot. A lot a lot.

I picked up Odin Sphere Leifthrasir today as well; I feel like something artistic and...hack and slashy. I did play it on PS2 back in the day, but I can't even remember that far back, and I'm not sure if I ever finished it. It's...fun. The art is gorgeous, and it's restored my interest in side-scrolling ARPGs, which Dragon's Crown effectively demolished by being painfully crap. I might even shoot for the platinum trophy; it's a fairly basic trophy list you don't have to go out of your way for. Looks good :3

Kirby: Planet Robobot during my downtime...nice and easy stuff. Kirby games always are, which is part of their appeal, but I haven't enjoyed one this much since Nightmare in Dreamland, which I wish would come to the 3DS VC already because I really want to play it again.

Hyrule Warriors Legends has replaced Samurai Warriors 4 as my frustration game. MARIN. Ohhhhh, god. I don't think I'll ever play as anyone else again. She's so good! Her bell is like a combination of a sword, a hammer, and a water gun? That summons the Wind Fish. Watching that thing fly around at the end of a combo is satisfying as hell. Plus she sings the first few bars of the ballad. I love Marin. I thought Medli would be the pinnacle of the new DLC, but they've outdone themselves with this. Now all they need to do is include Linebeck in the next pack...and then Yuga in the one after that. I suspect Vaati would be too much to ask for, but I will pray nonetheless. But yes. It's good for annoyance.

Ys I on PC. Yeah, this is fun too. I'm progressing slowly, although that's mostly because whenever my laptop is on I end up on PC or Discord, and I don't know where I'm going...it's been a while since I played something this old-school. Awesome stuff.

...but I still haven't settled on a new handheld JRPG yet. Hrmn.

Years
  • eternal sonata, xbox 360
    nice anime style rpg game
    it is nice but weird though, those real life photos and history stories inbetween the game like wtf​

It's to give you the educational experience!

I'm currently playing Stella Glow on the 3DS - doing my second playthrough so that I can see all the final character endings. It's a really good game and it's a shame the main developer went bankrupt - so this game was their final release.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • I was helping a friend beat Last of Us Remastered on Survivor, and we finally cleared that game. God dammit some sections were hard with low ammo, but beating these section really felt rewarding.

Other than that, since I finished Super Robot Wars Original Generation 1 and 2 for GBA, I started playing the remake Original Generations for the PS2. Really nice seeing everything with better visuals and new game mechanics, the remake really got lots of love.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • A few more hours into Star Ocean 5, but it'll probably be on the back-burner for awhile. Reviews had me a bit discouraged, but despite some glaring flaws (that camera is ass), I've enjoyed what I've played of it so far. None of the cast standout so far, they're not terrible, just a bit of the overused JRPGs archetypes we've seen in countless games. Emmerson does get some points for being a descendant of Claude/Ronyx though. {:3} Oh, more involvement in the Private Actions would have been nice too.

Got SRW OG: The Moon Dwellers for the PS4, so that'll probably occupy most of my free time. The animation is beautiful and the Granteed looks beautiful in motion so far. Chose the Touya route simply because I prefer his mech over Calvina's.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Been playin' a looooot of ARMA III Apex. Gonna have a lot of screenies to dump on Xin's thread of the wonderful tactical invasions of small meaningless towns!

Also been thinking of reinstalling Crysis and finally purchasing Crysis Warhead/Wars and playing through those. Crysis + Warhead + Wars has to be in my top 5 favorite games (though all in the same rank)

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • It's to give you the educational experience!
    to be honest, i do not give a F about that lol
    i just wanna play it and i find them moments extremely annoying{XD}​

I can guarantee you will enjoy it; Eternal Sonata is fantastic.

so far so good
    i do enjoy it a lot and last night this last character joined the party, salsa or something
    loving that character, she strong too
    she and the bow goat girl are my fav​

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • I recently gave Undertale another shot after abandoning it halfway through my first run.
    I finished the neutral (Leaderless) run, then the True Pacifist Run, and ended it with a Genocide Run.
    Loved the writing in the True Pacifist Run, and got a kick out of everything that changed in the Genocide Run, and ragequit quite a few times during the final boss battle in the latter, but got through the battle after... what... almost a dozen hours, maybe? The music really helped me endure this ordeal :D .

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • One game I have recently been playing is DC Universe Online. I have it for Xbox One. I have created two characters in it. One of them is Robo Lass, who is a Tech Hero. Her mentor is Batman. Her weapon of choice is a staff. She has the power of ice. Her main mode of movement is flight, which is very useful considering she has a pair of tech wings attached to her back.

The other character I have created in the game is Flight Gun. He is a Meta Villain, so that means his mentor is Lex Luthor. Flight Gun's weapon of choice is Dual Wielding. He has the power of gadgets. As his villain name implies, his main mode of movement is flight.

Years
  • I've bought/received a lot of new games lately, switching between several games depending on the day. But I'll just talk about a few I'm playing.

Undertale: So after months of leaving it unfinished I got the Neutral and Pacifist endings last week. I thought I would leave the game for a few months or something before returning for a Genocide run, but apparently I'm feeling in the mood to go on a murdering spree.

Dark Souls: I don't know why I'm trying to play this again... I guess I just don't care anymore. We'll see how long I can last before throwing in the towel again.

VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action: Some pals were talking about it a couple of weeks ago, and I decided to give the game a look since I liked the aesthetic™ and rad OST. I like it so far, and it's nice to play while winding down at night.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back